FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Is Oceanic Arts Ever Going to Have a Real Website?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Is Oceanic Arts Ever Going to Have a Real Website?
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-24 4:23 pm   Permalink

How many years has it said that their site is under construction?
C'mon guys wake up, smell the coffee and join the 21st century.

Maybe one of our number can offer them an offer they can't refuse to get it done at long last?

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-24 4:23 pm   Permalink

http://www.oceanicarts.net

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-24 7:03 pm   Permalink

www.bambooben.com

Like father

Like son!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-24 7:07 pm   Permalink

To be honest with you...I think they have been doing just fine without one!!

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matango Derek
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-08-24 8:01 pm   Permalink

For someone like me who lives waaaayyy over on the east coast (Pittsburgh), I agree that it would be nice to browse their wares online. It's legendary and I'd probably need to get a 2nd mortgage...but it's kinda hard to see what they're selling when hoping a plane to Cali for a shopping trip isn't realistic.

View Profile of Matango Derek Send a personal message to Matango Derek      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-24 8:37 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-24 19:07, The Sperm Whale wrote:
To be honest with you...I think they have been doing just fine without one!!

Bingo!

They pretty much have everything you need, so all you really need to do is call 'em.

But I agree, I'd love to see a functional website for Oceanic Arts, if only for the photos.

Speaking of which, here are some I took in June:

Hooray!

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-25 05:54 am   Permalink

They do have a printed catalog. It's a bit old, but they update the price list from time to time. Just give them a call. But you have to understand that a website is probably never going to show you what they currently have in stock. I'm sure that changes all the time. So if they do ever update their website, it would most likely just be an online brochure with some pictures of the inside of the store and maybe some standard stock items. You would still need to call them if you're looking for that certain something. And hey, if you call them, you might get to talk to Bob. And that's always a pleasure.

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Son-of-Kelbo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-02 11:21 am   Permalink

Bob and Leroy contacted me some time ago and asked if I would do something for them, which I did, here:

http://www.cosmicassociates.com/oceanicarts.htm

Bob is happy with it (he also tells me he's a big YoYo Island fan), but always says he's too busy to add all the new pictures he says they've been shooting. I spoke with him earlier today and we talked about maybe finally getting the files transferred to his server, or arranging for a re-direct from OA's current url, and that looks like it may be happening sometime this Fall. I hope also to add a few more interesting features to the site, highlighting Bob and Leroy's history and adventures.

I'll post here as things develop.

SOK

and Tiki-times were hot..."
SOK

View Profile of Son-of-Kelbo Send a personal message to Son-of-Kelbo  Goto the website of Son-of-Kelbo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-02 11:01 pm   Permalink

If you could post some prices, we could have a winner.
Looks promising.

Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-03 06:01 am   Permalink

When I mentioned it to them, they just said they were way too busy already.

Call them an dget a catalog. Then call them with your order.

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Son-of-Kelbo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-03 10:02 am   Permalink

Thanks CT,

Bob says he's got more catalog pictures, and we talked about getting together to get them posted soon. He's also told me some wonderful 'tales of the South Pacific' that I really would like to include in their site (e.g., Bob's '04 visits to Western Samoa, Sava'ii, The Cook Islands, Roratonga, "Taha'iti", and more, including R.L. Stevenson's gravesite) -- a real adventure to be sure, and some 120 pics to select from. I've been trying to persuade him to consider sharing them with everyone, but anyone who knows Bob knows he's not one to pursue pompous celebrity. The staff there is also lobbying for the expanded website, so we'll see if we can really get the url & expanded content issues worked out this Oct/Nov.

Cheers,
SOK

View Profile of Son-of-Kelbo Send a personal message to Son-of-Kelbo  Goto the website of Son-of-Kelbo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bohemiann
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-03 1:13 pm   Permalink

Joomla!

View Profile of Bohemiann Send a personal message to Bohemiann  Email Bohemiann Goto the website of Bohemiann     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-23 2:50 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-24 16:23, christiki295 wrote:
How many years has it said that their site is under construction?
C'mon guys wake up, smell the coffee and join the 21st century.

Maybe one of our number can offer them an offer they can't refuse to get it done at long last?

Did anyone every offer to help them out?

mike and marie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-22 4:11 pm   Permalink

Click here:

Be sure to check out the client installs and the "about OA" history page. Congrats guys, looking great!

View Profile of mike and marie Send a personal message to mike and marie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoCal Savage
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-22 4:37 pm   Permalink

Holy crap! This is great! Anything that helps keep these guys "relevant" and therefore in business is positive news.

I do hope they'll still sell the printed catalogue at the store though, it's a one of a kind item, just like Oceanic Arts.

View Profile of SoCal Savage Send a personal message to SoCal Savage      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation