FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Disturbing Rumor....could Minnie's be closing?
Disturbing Rumor....could Minnie's be closing?
tikicleen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-03-21 10:22 am   Permalink

I just heard from a colleague that Minnie's is being sold to.........(good god it pains me to write this) WALGREENS.

Can anyone verify?

View Profile of tikicleen Send a personal message to tikicleen  Email tikicleen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (5 years)  

Posted: 2016-03-21 12:43 pm   Permalink

That would be a bummer. For Minnie's, the Stockton location is defunct, so you could ask over in the Modesto thread, and then close this thread.

Minnie's in Modesto: [url]http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=4974[url]

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kanu
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-03-21 12:49 pm   Permalink

I wonder how many Walgreens exist on the graves of old tiki haunts...

Kahiki was the first one that came to mind:
http://tinyurl.com/kahiki

View Profile of Kanu Send a personal message to Kanu  Goto the website of Kanu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikicleen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-03-21 3:19 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2016-03-21 12:49, Kanu wrote:
I wonder how many Walgreens exist on the graves of old tiki haunts...

Kahiki was the first one that came to mind:
http://tinyurl.com/kahiki

precisely. when I heard this information this morning, I literally dropped all of the papers I was holding. I mean, it's one thing if Stuart if finally pulling up anchor and selling the business especially with the sad and untimely passing of his brother Peter a little over 2 years ago. peter was truly the face of the place. but the possibility that it is being sold to WALGREENS??? makes me shake my fists in the air after watching the demise of the kahiki. it is a complete wtf.

so please, if anyone can set me straight on this completely bizarre news/rumor, please do so. I sent a message into Minnie's already to see if I can contact stuart.

I am a bit skeptical since seeing that they painted the entire place within the past year or so, and upgraded the appearance overall (fresh carvings and such).

View Profile of tikicleen Send a personal message to tikicleen  Email tikicleen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-03-22 08:37 am   Permalink

I sure hope that the rumor is wrong-Minnies is a Gem.

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2017-03-26 07:42 am   Permalink

We passed by Minnie's a week ago and it was still open. The old original tikis had been disintegrating and were now replaced with new copies. Jungle Trader did you do them? Do you know what's happening? Wendy

PS we found this match book (on the right) in Oakdale, CA yesterday. We can't tell if it is older or newer than the one on the right.

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2017-03-26 07:44 ]

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2017-03-26 07:57 ]

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2017-03-26 4:39 pm   Permalink

I certainly hope that is a rumor. I can't get down there much but everytime Ive been have had wonderful food and cocktails. STAY TIKI!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2017-03-27 10:47 am   Permalink

TikiCleen, do you have contact info for Vic? I would think he's the likeliest person here to know what's going on.

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki  Goto the website of JenTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 30 days ago; 1:31 pm   Permalink

Stuart has been trying to sell for years. Nothing has ever transpired, probably because he is asking too much. and yes Wendy, I carved the new tikis. At the time Cleen posted this I believe that CVS Pharmacy was interested and of course the locals were freaking out hoping it would fall thru. Then Steve, Diane's husband was in the running, and that fell also. Come on let's sing together, "It's my party and I'll cry if I want to, cry if I want to, cry if I want to, you would cry too if it happened tooooo youu!"

[ This Message was edited by: Jungle Trader 2017-03-28 14:00 ]

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation