FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Ľ Ľ Tiki Marketplace Ľ Ľ huge tiki garage sale elk grove, ca april 14, 2018. New photos More Photos.
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
huge tiki garage sale elk grove, ca april 14, 2018. New photos More Photos.
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-03-26 09:41 am   Permalink

tiki garage sale april 14th elk grove ca 8 am to 1 pm, send me a message if you need our address and phone number.

Dan is thinning out his collection so that he has space to continue on have fun. There will be all sorts of wood, ceramics and even Hawaiian record albums $1 each. Every item priced low to sell fast. We will have double this many tables by then so I'll post photos as we fill them up.

If you need our address request it here and I'll send you a Personal Message or just request it that way. We are 16 miles south of Sacramento, CA.

Thank you, Wendy

PS bring your own box and as you pick out items put the sticker or write the amount on the side. I will add it up from there and it will be fast

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2018-04-10 10:06 ]

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2018-04-10 10:07 ]

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2018-04-12 21:58 ]

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2018-04-13 15:41 ]

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-03-27 8:09 pm   Permalink

More photos of tikis in the garage sale on April 14th, 2018 at 8 AM until ! PM.

Dan wants it to be worth the gas to drive here from all around us so he's letting go and pricing low!

The wooden tikis.

Behind the wooden tikis there are more tables loading up.

He is searching for mugs to part with from tiki places, events and runs.

From the other side.

Those tables are almost full then he plans to more on to fill up these tables. This will be a big sale.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone. Bring me your best hugs, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hamo
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2018-03-28 07:17 am   Permalink

Wow, Wendy; indeed this is major. Would you mind posting closeup pics of some of the tables so those of us who canít make it can grow more envious of those who can?

View Profile of Hamo Send a personal message to Hamo  Goto the website of Hamo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Prikli Pear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-03-28 07:24 am   Permalink

Okay, Wendy, if you and Dan would just relocate this sale to Austin or San Antonio, that'd be great. Thanks!
www.JaymeBlaschke.com

View Profile of Prikli Pear Send a personal message to Prikli Pear  Email Prikli Pear Goto the website of Prikli Pear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-03-28 09:05 am   Permalink

Hamo are you a facebook friend? I plan to video tape all the tables and to post it the week before the sale. I can't post a video here and if I show the link it won't work unless the viewer is a "friend" on facebook. I will be taking more photos too. Your wish is granted. I am slowly working my way through the Wish List #8. One day your wish there will be granted as well.

Prikli Pear Dan and I were born in the same Sacramento hospital. Worked our decades long careers in the same hospital. Retired from that hospital and one day will return there to die. I wish we could at least travel to San Antonio one day.

Cheers, Wendy

Prikli Pear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-03-28 11:26 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2018-03-28 09:05, danlovestikis wrote:
I wish we could at least travel to San Antonio one day.

San Antonio's one of my favorite cities. "Small town feel" is really over-used, but once you get away from the tourist centers, that's really the vibe it has. That said, the tourist stuff is great. It's a Latin American city that just happens to be located in the U.S. Culturally, it's very different from Houston, Dallas and even Austin. Well worth a visit if you ever get the opportunity.
www.JaymeBlaschke.com

View Profile of Prikli Pear Send a personal message to Prikli Pear  Email Prikli Pear Goto the website of Prikli Pear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hamo
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2018-03-28 7:55 pm   Permalink

That video will be interesting, but I donít really bother with FB anymore, so Iíll definitely look forward to and appreciate photos here. Thanks.

View Profile of Hamo Send a personal message to Hamo  Goto the website of Hamo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-03-29 7:06 pm   Permalink

Prikli Pear I've seen photos of the river cruise near a nice city walk. I know I would like it.

Hamo Dan has decided to really purge his collection of duplicates or mugs he's tired of looking at after 21 years of collecting.

============================

The sale is growing by the day. Dan is really letting go because we couldn't move in our home freely! We have been collecting for 21 years.

Here's some more photos of our progress.

Dan is going through his collection shelf by shelf. He has a lot of hidden mugs that he's pulling out for the sale.

He puts them on trays and then brings them to me in the garage and I price them. Sometimes he changes what I did but not often.

Here's the start to fill these three tables.

I'm giving up my three books.

Then Dan said, "hey I'll go through my books too". So here are some with more coming!

I used to do eBay auctions and I collected a whole bunch of Made In Hawaii Jam's World rayon shirts in men's sizes s, m and l. In a shop they are $100 each and very well made. I've decided to sell them for $5 each.

I filled this table and then

I added two TV trays for lighter items across at the other table.

I got these all set up and Dan said he couldn't see the price tags so I pulled them down and put them on a table. Things are changing constantly as we set it up.

I'm about to begin glazing so I don't need my pour table so it's now covered with tikis.

Dan's giving up his United Airlines tiki. It had a hole in the bottom so I filled it with plaster to make it bottom heavy. Now it doesn't tip over like so many do.

A few days ago when we were setting up the fire department delivered our new neighbors baby girl.

Today she was brought home from the hospital. We were ready with a present and also a welcome to the neighborhood.

When Dan said, "I'm continuing the purge", I said, " since I could use more tables for my ceramics let's go buy a couple more.

Now Dan will work to fill these up to capacity. If you need our address to find us in Elk Grove, CA just post a request here or in personal messages. I swear our prices are extremely low. You can buy from us and re-sell at events.

I will continue to post more photos as we continue to bring out more items.

Cheers, Wendy

danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-04-01 8:00 pm   Permalink

The PURGE for the tiki garage sale on April 14th, 8 AM until 1 PM continues. Dan decided to start pulling out more expensive mugs so there will be many 2001 early Tiki Farm mugs for $10 and many others like Bosko (one at $80 that just went for $160 on eBay) and Munktiki for $15 to $35. So there will be many unexpected mugs in this sale.

Dan is searching each shelf in his whole collection looking for mugs he can now bare to part with. He brings me a tray and I price each item and place it on a table. Mugs everywhere so that many people can find something at the same time.

I need 50 people to buy 20 items each and we'll have a sell out. We have priced just under 1000 items! Wendy

4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-04-01 8:54 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2018-04-01 20:00, danlovestikis wrote:

I need 50 people to buy 20 items each and we'll have a sell out. We have priced just under 1000 items! Wendy

I don't think you should worry about not selling out. I'm thinking you ought to limit each person to 20 pieces to make it fair! 😝

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-04-01 9:10 pm   Permalink

4WDtiki there are so many $1 items that need to go that limiting the number per person would end up leaving those behind. We have mixed it up and spread it out so that everyone will have something good no matter which table they end up at. Wendy

danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-04-05 08:24 am   Permalink

I think I need to change our title from tiki garage sale to tiki art sale. Dan is letting these go. Both of the paintings are origianls. The Place of Refuge painting is by A. Swensen 2009 and the next Nightfall painting by Ken Ruzic 2011. We bought them we loved them but never had room to display them as they deserved. So the hope is they go to a home that will really show them off. The last is a wood carving. I can't make out the name of the island where a couple of men found it and put their names on the back. Rub some dark stain on this and it will be outstanding. Dan continues to rip out his heart to make this sale a really good one.

April 14th 2018 8 AM until ! PM. Request our address if you need it. Wendy

hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-04-05 8:02 pm   Permalink

Wait
Is this an April fools thing

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-04-06 08:05 am   Permalink

hang10tiki that day came and passed. This is real. April 14th, 2018 8 AM until 1 PM.

Bring boxes and wrapping material. Write your name on the box. When it's full put it under the check out table and go fill up another one.
When you are ready to check out you can line up your boxes and we'll add it up. You give me the money and you are on your way.

CASH only no credit cards.

Here are some more recent photos with additions.

Dan brought out 5 more trays of mugs for me to price.

I got them priced and there's still some more room.

I will raise the garage door enough to push out the check out table and then I'll close it up. Entry will be a 6 foot area at the side of this table at the left side of the large garage. The other garage door will remain close except for a foot to let light inside. This way if you are first in line you will be the first to enter the garage. So line up and be courteous.

I look forward to meeting old friends and to make many new ones. Cheers, Wendy

PS more photos as we find more items

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2018-04-06 08:06 ]

LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-04-07 4:51 pm   Permalink

I wonder if my husband Jeff would divorce me if I bought a plane ticket and came to California with an empty suitcase of two????

I hate living on the opposite coast!

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki  Email LoriLovesTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation