FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Marketplace Kickstarter Book: 90 Years of Classic San Diego Tiki
Kickstarter Book: 90 Years of Classic San Diego Tiki
ClassicSanDiego

Posted: 30 days ago; 9:38 pm   Permalink

Pre-ordering of my new book, "Ninety Years of Classic San Diego Tiki," has begun on Kickstarter!

Order before Jan 8 at:
https://bit.ly/sdtiki

It's a full-color visual celebration of Polynesian pop culture, cuisine, restaurants and bars from San Diego and Tijuana.

This Kickstarter project is will raise funds for acquiring the publication rights to archival photos, printing, warehousing, fulfillment, shipping costs and their associated expenses. By pre-ordering the book on Kickstarter, youll help get this tiki history published and delivered by March 2019. The full-color, 200-page softcover edition will be available for a mere $25 "earlybird" pledge. Plus there are some other cool rewards in store. Check out all the details at: https://classicsandiego.com/book/

Mucho Mahalo!
Martin

View Profile of ClassicSanDiego Send a personal message to ClassicSanDiego  Goto the website of ClassicSanDiego ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 28 days ago; 06:21 am   Permalink

What happens if you don't reach your $24,000 goal?

I signed up for one of your books.

"People are like islands. You have to get close to them to know what they are about."
~ Adam Troy

View Profile of MaukaHale Send a personal message to MaukaHale  Email MaukaHale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 13 days ago; 10:35 am   Permalink

Just ordered mine!

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT  Goto the website of TheBigT     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamalamalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 13 days ago; 12:02 pm   Permalink

Nice, BigT!

There are only a few days left to make this happen. If anyone else is interested please pledge ASAP. This looks to be a beautiful & thorough book; Martin knows what he's doing.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/martinlindsay/90-years-of-classic-san-diego-tiki-the-book?fbclid=IwAR3uKrEHFG7D6BUmPkMjO-09Mgt8BuQLWOVLRAgv6b_Fxf_LkdVoi8LyZUI

View Profile of bamalamalu Send a personal message to bamalamalu  Email bamalamalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hamo
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 13 days ago; 11:14 pm   Permalink

This looks amazing, but with four days left and just shy of 60% of all or nothing funding, I'm worried it won't make it....

View Profile of Hamo Send a personal message to Hamo  Goto the website of Hamo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 12 days ago; 09:13 am   Permalink

This book IS amazing

I think Martin has a Plan B to move forward with publishing anyways. So if you order now just consider it a pre-order if he does not make $10K in four days!!!!

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mikehooker

Posted: 12 days ago; 3:14 pm   Permalink

What happened to the $25 tier that was just the book? I don't need a signed copy or a digital one for an extra $10-15.

View Profile of mikehooker Send a personal message to mikehooker  Goto the website of mikehooker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hamo

Posted: 10 days ago; 11:52 pm   Permalink

Just 36 hours to go and it's almost 3/4 funded. Maybe it'll make reach the goal!

View Profile of Hamo Send a personal message to Hamo  Goto the website of Hamo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamalamalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 8 days ago; 11:26 am   Permalink

One last bump

$21,920
pledged of $24,000 goal

minutes to go

View Profile of bamalamalu Send a personal message to bamalamalu  Email bamalamalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Prikli Pear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 8 days ago; 1:32 pm   Permalink

Congratulations to Martin! The Kickstarter funded, clearing the all-or-nothing goal with minutes to spare! This looks to be a fascinating book. Can't wait to get my copy.

www.JaymeBlaschke.com

View Profile of Prikli Pear Send a personal message to Prikli Pear  Email Prikli Pear Goto the website of Prikli Pear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Prikli Pear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 8 days ago; 1:35 pm   Permalink

Hamo, as I understand it from others who've done Kickstarters, there is usually a large influx of supporters when a project launches, which then tapers off to almost nothing by the mid-point. Interest stalls until the final 24-48 hours, when it spikes again. I new he'd get some late support, but making up 40 percent of the goal in just a few days is pretty impressive any way you look at it.
www.JaymeBlaschke.com

View Profile of Prikli Pear Send a personal message to Prikli Pear  Email Prikli Pear Goto the website of Prikli Pear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamalamalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 8 days ago; 4:51 pm   Permalink

Thanks to everyone who supported this, that was quite a finish!

sdtikichicken
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 8 days ago; 6:01 pm   Permalink

Woohoo! So happy the kickstarter kicked in! Can't wait for my copy to arrive.

View Profile of sdtikichicken Send a personal message to sdtikichicken      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hamo

Posted: 7 days ago; 12:16 am   Permalink

Congrats, Martin! Im glad it came through, and Im looking forward to receiving my book.

danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: Yesterday; 09:16 am   Permalink

For those of us who messed up and didn't contribute to kickstarter is there a way we can get on a list to buy the book? Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation