||Tiki Caliente 4 May 18-20 2012 Room Crawl, Best Original Cocktail, Best Decorated Room
Joined: May 27, 2006
From: The Valley!
|Posted: 2012-01-31 11:59 pm  Permalink|
Tiki Caliente 4 May 18-20 2012 This is the official Room Crawl, Best Original Cocktail, Best Decorated Room Thread!
Join The Best Party of 2012! Good times are approaching fast so now is the time to sign up and plan your room decorations and cocktails for the big crawl. DIG?!
Awards will be given for the Best in Both categories, Best Original Cocktail and Best Decorated Room. More winners, more fun! Great prizes including some treats from our sponsors!
Your Judges will be, every one's favorite man about tiki town and the World's Premiere Tiki Artist and Carver ... "Crazy Al" Evans! Also judging, Mixologist/Bartender to Tiki's V.I.P.'s, Kelly "Hiphipahula" Reilly and Dig This, Also judging will be, you guessed it!, from Bartender to Celebrity...
...Rory... "Wildsville Man" Snyder!
- COCKTAIL CRAWL HOSTS
4:30-5:00-The Emerald Islander Room 108
5:00-5:30-mulder142 Room 242
8:00PM "Flaming Tiki Party" Pool Side Room 116
10:00PM- Zen Tiki Lounge "Closing Party"
*12:00 Noon -1:00pm- Tiki Caliente Calorie Countdown-"Hair of the Dog Party"
2:00-2:30-The Ding Dong Devils
3:00-3:30-PiPhiRho Room 117
3:30-4:00-heylownine & Tiki Val Room 227
4:30-5:00-Queen Kamehameha & Me Myself & Moai
8:00PM- Kirby & Polly's RUMPUS ROOM
You're Invited! Pool Side Room 111
(non competitive entry)
10:00PM Appleton Estate Rum "Jamaican Rum Party"
** ALL TIMES ARE PRELIMANARY AND SUBJECT TO CHANGE
- ROOM DECORATION CONTEST
Zen Tiki Lounge
Tiki Caliente Calorie Countdown
- CRAWLER LIST
Tiki Tiffy +1
Tiki Mantis +1
Tai Won On
El Jefe +1
Tiki Shaker +2
Kiki von Tiki
Sunshine Tiki +5
Atomic Tiki Punk
Daves Not Home+1
Flaming Tiki +1
Capt. R.H. Falernum
Tiki Kiki +1
General Information and Rules:
- Room Crawls will take place on Friday and Saturday mid-mornings,evenings and night time slots. Awards will be given for the best in both categories, Best Room Decoration and Best ORIGINAL Cocktail, so let your creative juices flow Baby!
- You must have a 2012 Tiki Caliente event wristband to participate and must be wearing it.
- You must be 21 years of age to participate, either to serve or to drink. You must carry and be able to show a STATE Government form of I.D. with a photo and description to be served.
- Tiki Caliente has empowered an outside Professional Security Company this appeases Travel Lodge and helps to control any issues should it arise. Please do NOT take matters into your own hands, call for security.
- If you invite people into your room please LOCK UP all valuables, so there are no issues, YOU are responsible. Tiki Caliente and Travel Lodge are NOT responsible for any losses.
- To take place on this crawl will be the judging for, The Best Decorated Room, and the Best ORIGINAL Cocktail. Please serve your own original recipe, a unique cocktail created by you. Rum to Rye you pick your alcohol base, any type you choose and tell us about your recipe.
- You may sign up for both the best decoration contest and the Best Cocktail contest if you like. You do NOT have to enter the decoration contest to enter your cocktail in the crawl. You do NOT have to serve a cocktail to be in the decoration contest. Both categories will be judged individually.
- HOSTS, please plan to make a premix if possible of your cocktail, punch etc. to keep us in the time frame. Make as much of your beverage as your comfortable with making keeping within your budget. CRAWLERS, This crawl is first come, first served. The accounting of people crawling is only to help the host to approximate the amount refreshment to make.
- A list of hosts, crawlers and decoration entries will follow this notice.
- Please PM me on TC to enter any of the contests and I will add you to the list accordingly.
- If you would like to HOST or Crawl please PM me and I will add you to the list.
- Important "Tips" to remember
Our Host's have laid out a great deal of expense and time to entertain you and assure you a fantastic party. Please make sure you leave a nice gratuity before you leave their party to help them with their party costs. Not sure what to tip? Tip accordingly, what would you have paid for the cocktail in the bar? What would you have tipped your bartender? Please come to a fair medium between these two questions. Please, let's not have a "Toga", "Frat" party frame of mind. Please respect your hosts, help keep their costs down by tipping, please be respectable on all counts.
- Now Party On Dig?!
Thank You To: Tiki Caliente Corporate Sponsors
Tiki Caliente Art by Doug Horne
[ This Message was edited by: Hiphipahula 2012-05-15 21:10 ]
Joined: Dec 13, 2007
From: PALM SPRINGSVILLE
|Posted: 2012-02-03 06:30 am  Permalink|
As the Room Crawl is always "Non Official" for so many reasons,it always seems to be a great part of every Tiki Event.
with having Kelly running the show and bringing in some other Tiki Celeb's to help her judge the rooms I see this as being a great reason to try some new cocktails and for you to show off your skills and meet some new friends.
ALL cocktails are welcome.Make them from what ever you which to make them from......Rum is always safe.......But I love people that live on the edge also.
Decoration contest is always important too. Setting the tone with the look will get you in the mood all that more quickly.
If you have a pool side room PLEASE deck out that patio or front door area for all to see.
So please, let's get some of the vet's of the room crawl set to party, but make some room for the new bee's to join the Caliente Crawl family.
tiki caliente " a place in the Sun"
Rory "WILDSVILLE MAN" Snyder
Joined: May 27, 2006
From: The Valley!
|Posted: 2012-03-07 12:37 pm  Permalink|
It's time to bump it and get this party started!
Join The Best Party of 2012! Good times are approaching fast so now is the time to think about signing up and planning your room decorations and cocktails for the big crawl. DIG?!
Joined: Sep 14, 2011
From: Costa Mesa, CA
|Posted: 2012-03-07 1:41 pm  Permalink|
Robyn and I would love to be on the crawler list
Joined: Jul 09, 2010
From: The Isle of Felize
|Posted: 2012-03-07 4:07 pm  Permalink|
Count me in for the room crawl...
Grand Member (3 years)
Joined: Jul 07, 2006
|Posted: 2012-03-07 4:34 pm  Permalink|
Can I be on the crawler list too?
Joined: Jul 30, 2008
|Posted: 2012-03-07 5:14 pm  Permalink|
Please add me to the crawl list!
|Atomic Tiki Punk|
Joined: Jul 19, 2009
From: Costa Misery
|Posted: 2012-03-07 6:15 pm  Permalink|
I would love to see a Kelly vs Marie Cocktail "Smack down"
please make it happen......it would be a "win win" situation.
Joined: Jul 28, 2006
From: Los Gatos, CA USA
|Posted: 2012-03-07 9:28 pm  Permalink|
Please add me to the crawl list.
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
From: Las Vegas
|Posted: 2012-03-07 9:46 pm  Permalink|
Mr n Mrs to be crawl-n
Grand Member (first year)
Joined: Apr 04, 2008
From: Zen Tiki Lounge Podcast
|Posted: 2012-03-07 9:50 pm  Permalink|
Can't wait to see everyone at the room parties.
Joined: Apr 24, 2011
From: hUNTIngToN bEaCh,cAlIfOrNiA
|Posted: 2012-03-07 10:26 pm  Permalink|
pReTtY PlEaSe AdD TiKi TiFfY AnD TiKi GuEsT 2 ThE CrAwLeR lIsT ThAnX BuNcHeS
Joined: Jul 31, 2002
From: Ladera Ranch, Ca.
|Posted: 2012-03-08 10:23 pm  Permalink|
Room Crawl.....Count us in....
Grand Member (first year)
Joined: Oct 05, 2008
From: Agoura Hills, CA
|Posted: 2012-03-08 11:12 pm  Permalink|
Val and I are absolutely crawlin'.
This weekend we'll do the math on possibly hosting.
if it's not a little complicated, it's probably not worth it.
[ This Message was edited by: heylownine 2012-03-09 07:02 ]
Joined: Oct 04, 2009
|Posted: 2012-03-09 05:53 am  Permalink|
Oh yeah....we'll be room crawlin..... party of 2 please!