FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Cap City Tiki Crawl (October 6,7,8 for 2017) looking for more hosts
Cap City Tiki Crawl (October 6,7,8 for 2017) looking for more hosts
VampiressRN
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2017-01-07 10:06 pm   Permalink

Already starting to plan for the 2017 Cap City Tiki Crawl. I set it up as an event on Facebook, so if you need an invite please let me know.

Time to start some serious planning for our crawl. I try to coordinate the days so we are driving around in one area per day. Need some solid host commitments now and let me know your day/time preferences. I will do my best to meet everyone's needs. We will be going to Swanbergs and The Jungle Bird.

Planning on making more Cap City Tiki fezzes and passport name tags. As usual, Wendy and Dan are creating another awesome crawl mug.

This hotel is centrally located, not too pricey, and decent for those of you needing a place to stay.
Crown Plaza Hotel

HOST LIST
Stephanie & Jeremy Sherlock
Dave & Eva Bennion
Ilsa Hess (breakfast spot)

LOOKING FOR MORE HOSTS, message me if you are interested.

CRAWLERS
Marlene Cross
Wendy & Dan Cevola
Brenda Ray
Sandy Foregger
Dave & Eva Bennion
Stephanie & Jeremy Sherlock
Michael Blain Masterson
Barb Lawrence
Erik Daniells
Melissa Grüenhagen
Nelson & Mary Parker

[ This Message was edited by: VampiressRN 2017-04-09 20:10 ]

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kapu Dru

Posted: 2017-01-08 12:00 am   Permalink

Wife and I will be there as crawlers. And yup, I need a Facebook invite. Facebook name Dru Bornhoeft. Very excited to be there again. Hopefully some year we can host a party, but so far our tiki bar isn't up to the amazing standards of he others.

Mahalo!

Dru

View Profile of Kapu Dru Send a personal message to Kapu Dru  Email Kapu Dru     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2017-01-18 07:37 am   Permalink

2017 will be Tahiti which used to be located on Florin Road. I went there starting when I was in Jr. High in the 60's. It is now closed.
This place was suggested by Psycho Tiki D and then the photo was sent to me by lunavideogames. It was meant to be.
Here is the photo of the old Tahitian Tiki. I will post step by step photos on my "other crafts" pages.

Here is the sculpture in clay.

SACRAMENTO CRAWL MUG

Each year I do a mug that is from a place that existed in the Sacramento, California area. I try to figure out a style that will work for each place.

Sign ups for the 2017 crawl mug. Mugs are handed out at each stop of the crawl. First to ask gets the lowest number. I may also have some Artist Proofs that will sell for the same price. The 2017 mug is $85. I plan to make 70 for the crawl plus around 10 artist proofs. After that I will be making some that are altered to fulfill the Wish of lunavideogames aka Treg for his home bar. No more than 100 will be made in the color chosen for the crawl mug.

There are some assigned numbers based on those numbers having been purchased at all the crawls. Number one is there for the taking, so come to the first stop.

Sign ups so far for the 2016 mug if your name is here you have a mug for 2017. If you don't want the mug let me know and I will remove your name. If you want one and your name is not here then let me know and I will add it.

Buddy Newby
#13 Laura Lee Riley 2017
#47 Choptop
Brian P. Faulkner
Robyn Lednock-Hass

#10 Sandy 2017
#11 VampiressRN 2017
Woody Miller
Cathi Wartelle
Brigitte Crawford

#41 Keith Richardson
Denise Marie Hopkins
Brenda Ray
#25 Matt Hull
Erik Danielles

Monty Dunnigan
#22 Debbie Whitaker Moretton
#60 Dancin' Lizard
Tonie Iriarte Jenkins
hang10tiki

Moai Mike
Cole Unger
Debbie Eyman-Whitehead
Mike Mac
Mike Mac's sister

Gregory Ramirez
Mahalo Tiki
bobtiki
ebtiki
Moai Mike

JJMaiTai aka Jeremy and Stephanie
Karen Stuetz-Garland
Whylee Raven aka Dr. Tiki Mojo
LokiTiki
#20 TikiTNT

Dru Bornhoeft
Justin Wojslaw
Annette Kerns
Stephen Holt
Savage Tiki

Michael Boyle
Joanne K.
slowhandtikiman Rob Wagner
Doc Fried
Vance Klinke

Gabrial Baldwin
Tiki Tonie and Dale
Lauren Lundstun
AmandaHD
Donovan Goble

AquaAloha aka Heather Evers
Nate Kranda
Jeff Bannow + HTHG
Terry Patton
mondo-by-the-bay

kingstiedye
Miss Monk-ii aka Maggie
Cecily Dewing
Barry Hawn fb
Dannelle Ddr Abellera

HopeChest
Mitch Cichella

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2017-03-05 12:54 ]

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2017-03-16 07:46 ]

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2017-04-04 19:37 ]

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Moai Mike
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2017-02-12 02:15 am   Permalink

Please put my name on the list of crawlers! Mahalo!

View Profile of Moai Mike Send a personal message to Moai Mike  Email Moai Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-02-12 3:32 pm   Permalink

Wendy,

Please add me to the list for an artist proof. Love this mug!

Thanks,

D

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
slowhandtikiman
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2017-03-08 10:25 am   Permalink

Exceptional Sculpt WENDY! Please put me on the list. I would love a PROOF, but if they are already claimed a regular edition is just fine. I have no number preference.
Thanks, Rob

View Profile of slowhandtikiman Send a personal message to slowhandtikiman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
slowhandtikiman
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2017-03-08 10:26 am   Permalink

Brain F*rt! I see I'm on the list already. Thanks!

View Profile of slowhandtikiman Send a personal message to slowhandtikiman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2017-03-11 08:43 am   Permalink

Same list as last year for claiming mugs. It is easier to have people cancel from the list. So if you don't want a mug then let me know, otherwise you can just know you have one.

I'm so happy you like the design. Ideas came from Psycho Tiki D (use the Tahiti that was on Florin Road) and lunavideogames (use this Tahitian tiki design).
I put them together and there it was.

The mug is going to be stone grey with a purple interior and purple highlights. I just have to figure out how to perfect this and when I have one done right I will post it. Meanwhile I will soon add the work in progress photos.

Thank you all, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HopeChest
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-03-15 3:24 pm   Permalink

I'd love to sign up for this year's crawl and mug. Thankfully, this time I won't be in Hawaii!

View Profile of HopeChest Send a personal message to HopeChest      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2017-03-16 07:45 am   Permalink

Time to get back to the Sacramento Crawl mug. For 80 days (so far) we cast and I clean up one crawl mug. Here are the steps that take 1.5 hours to complete.

Dan said that once we began making tiki art he appreciated his collection and the amount of work that went into each piece.

I decided that none of the detail was deep enough so I re-carved every indentation on every mug.

All done and ready to dry.

To make a run of mugs you have to decide to either make a whole bunch of molds or cast once a day for a whole lot of months.
We don't have space for extra molds so casting once a day for months is how we do it. I can only clean one a day any way.

Cheers, Wendy

VampiressRN

Posted: 16 days ago; 8:15 pm   Permalink

Looking for more volunteers to host. It is an easy thing to do and we can adjust times to fit your need. The last few years we have crawled on Friday night, Saturday all day and evening, and Sunday all day and afternoon.

Please message me if you are interested.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 7 days ago; 8:14 pm   Permalink

First - Wendy this is the most amazing mug yet!
Not meaning to cause any "Tiki Drama" but backing up Marlene here, we currently have only 3 hosts....for what used to be 3 Days. Currently there are 14 Crawlers and 63 people with hands up for MUGS....and I thought there were only 50?
Something seems out of sorts to me.
Maybe there should be a Special Mug Glaze for HOSTS and the rest for those actually attending the crawl?

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN

Posted: 7 days ago; 10:30 pm   Permalink

Thanks for sharing your energy Dave. We have been going strong for many years it just might be a slow year. Some folks have other plans so will just wait for others to join later. I wish I could host but not possible and I do miss it. Maybe by the time I retire there will be an opportunity. In the meantime I can collect more and hope I don't get contacted to by the Hoarders TV show.

It is still early in the year so time will tell. May be secret plans in the works. CHEERS

[ This Message was edited by: VampiressRN 2017-04-18 22:34 ]

HopeChest
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 6 days ago; 09:37 am   Permalink

We'll be getting a hotel room - maybe we should get a suite and host a room party!

View Profile of HopeChest Send a personal message to HopeChest      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation