[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars New Tiki Bar in the works
New Tiki Bar in the works
nicholauslee
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-06-30 11:38 am   Permalink

Hello everyone.
It's been a little while since I've been active on this forum, but I've been watching occasionally. Especially when I want to look at home tiki bars and dream. Well this year, I can finally say, that at 35 years old I've finally bought my first home, and now that I have my own place, I can finally start on my dream of making a my very own tiki bar! Finally. So here is the start.

View Profile of nicholauslee Send a personal message to nicholauslee  Goto the website of nicholauslee     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nicholauslee
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-06-30 11:42 am   Permalink

Before:

View Profile of nicholauslee Send a personal message to nicholauslee  Goto the website of nicholauslee     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nicholauslee
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-06-30 11:51 am   Permalink

Real quick-like last night I hung some bamboo, just to get a start.

Polly_Nesia
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-06-30 8:50 pm   Permalink

Congrats on the new house. Looks like you have a decent area to work with. Nice with the pool view right outside of it. Any idea what direction you're going with it?

View Profile of Polly_Nesia Send a personal message to Polly_Nesia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jimsflies
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-07-01 12:44 pm   Permalink

Congrats on the new house. Looking forward to watching your progress.

View Profile of jimsflies Send a personal message to jimsflies  Goto the website of jimsflies     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nicholauslee
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-07-03 08:32 am   Permalink

Thanks!

I do have a general direction in mind, but I imagine it will change overtime. Since it's a relatively small space, I'm initially planning on more of a bar type space than a full lounging area that I'd really like, but we'll see how everything pans out.

I started over this weekend though, by painting the walls, so that the aged old paneling wasn't what was poking through behind the bamboo.

It's a decent little start, but eventually I'll have to start getting some decor in there. As well as anything that isn't a couple of camping chairs! Haha

nicholauslee
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-12-23 07:11 am   Permalink

I've decided after a couple times of using the small room, I've come to the conclusion that there just isn't enough space to actually use as a bar in there. So I've decided to tear the room out and convert the entire garage into a bar.

Here's a couple photos of the tear down process

And here's a couple photos of the bar I picked up that will eventually end up out in the garage. Right now though it's in the dining room so we can use it over the holidays.

hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-12-23 08:28 am   Permalink

Nice bar and floor lamp, looking forward to progress pictures.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-12-24 7:39 pm   Permalink

Yup
Kool bar

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-12-25 9:37 pm   Permalink

Your off to a great start. Don't feel like you have to build it all at once. New ideas can develop along the way.

View Profile of MaukaHale Send a personal message to MaukaHale  Email MaukaHale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nicholauslee
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2017-01-10 09:35 am   Permalink

Sorry for the photo heavy post, but I thought I'd share some photos from my New Year celebration.

Hope you all had a great Holiday season.

Cheers to the New Year.

Made up some custom Menus and Coasters as well.

Even the dog had a good time!

CosmicCoconut

Posted: 2017-01-10 6:17 pm   Permalink

I love the custom menus and coasters. The room looks great, I bet it was a fun party, happy New Year!

View Profile of CosmicCoconut Send a personal message to CosmicCoconut  Goto the website of CosmicCoconut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation