FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » King Kukulele Presents “Bon Voyage Enchanted Tiki Room” at Tiki Taix VI on July 30th!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
King Kukulele Presents “Bon Voyage Enchanted Tiki Room” at Tiki Taix VI on July 30th!
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2004-07-31 08:59 am   Permalink

We arrived in time for Rodd Grogg at the Tiki Room. The room was pretty full, but was invited to share a table in the back. My favorite was the Friki Tikis doing the theme song from Hawaiian Eye!

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Kukulele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-31 3:37 pm   Permalink

Thanks Bongofury,
My favorite was "Braks Hawaiian Vacation" by Humu Humu! Yep thats right folks, Humu Humu stopped the show with her rousing rendition ot the Space Ghost classic. Everybody loved it and hopefully it will become a monthly tradition. The main event though was the Tiki Room Tribute by Miehana and I want to extend a very special thanks his crew for putting that together. Walt Disney would have dug it. Their live performance of the missing Offenbach music from the current show got the biggest applause of the night. Thanks also to Floratina for helping out too!

See you on the 27th when uke legend Bill Tapia is scheduled to return.

View Profile of King Kukulele Send a personal message to King Kukulele  Email King Kukulele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-31 7:10 pm   Permalink

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Tiki Room is just closing for renovations and will be re-opening, right?

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Kukulele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-01 04:17 am   Permalink

When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are
Anything your heart desires will come to you...

It is not the policy of the management of Tiki Taix to take at face value the public statements of the management of Disneyland.

On August 26th, 2000 the fabulous Kahiki restaurant in Columbus, Ohio "temporarily" closed its doors. "In two years we will be opening the brand new Kahiki in downtown Columbus right on the water!"

Last night we payed tribute to the greatest show in Disneyland. It was the biggest Enchanted Tiki Room tribute in the world...I think. It was a great party and show, just in case. Just in case the Tiki Room follows the demise of the Kahiki, but I don't think it will.

See you at the 42nd anniversary of Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room.

View Profile of King Kukulele Send a personal message to King Kukulele  Email King Kukulele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-26 11:01 am   Permalink

Anybody know if there's going to be another Tiki Taix this week?

View Profile of ookoo lady Send a personal message to ookoo lady      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vintagegirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-26 2:43 pm   Permalink

Just heard from the King himself that there IS indeed a show tomorrow night. He said he was gonna post an announcement today, but I haven't seen anything yet.

So for now I would assume it's pretty much "same time, same place" as usual.

View Profile of vintagegirl Send a personal message to vintagegirl  Goto the website of vintagegirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation