FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Wal-Mart Tiki?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Wal-Mart Tiki?
NJtikiboy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-07-28 3:41 pm   Permalink

I've been looking for the Wal Mart garden Tiki that someone mentioned. Has anyone else been able to find it? Nobody in the stores knows what I am talking about.

View Profile of NJtikiboy Send a personal message to NJtikiboy  Email NJtikiboy Goto the website of NJtikiboy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiSan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-28 6:00 pm   Permalink

I believe that person was from Canada. I haven't seen any in my Wal-Mart in Los Angeles County.

Havn't been able to find the red Tiki shirt mention elsewhere, yet, but will keep looking.

View Profile of TikiSan Send a personal message to TikiSan      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijackalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-28 6:20 pm   Permalink

Hey NJtikiboy, I've been looking too with no results, not even a shelf tag or a mention of it on the diagram Wal-Mart stockers when they load the shelves.
Slacks Ferret noted:
Quote:
The tag on the bottom says it is by Garden Trend and it is made in China and Imported by Wal-Mart Canada Corp

The only other TCer to report it is Tikiwahine, also Canadian. Yikes, I smell a Canada-only deal for the moment. Did I mention I love Canadians? I bet you do too.
Seriously, if someone who has this tiki would post it's UPC # (the 12 digit # under the bar code), we might be able to find out something by having a Wal-Mart service desk employee punch in those numbers. Btw, I asked in another thread whether it had been spotted in the US and got no responses. I've also googled garden trend tiki and found nothing.

View Profile of tikijackalope Send a personal message to tikijackalope  Email tikijackalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TNTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-28 6:37 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 16:59 ]

View Profile of TNTiki Send a personal message to TNTiki  Email TNTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-28 7:04 pm   Permalink

Hi all,

Yes it was I who mentioned the garden Tiki I found at Wal-mart. It's a biggun' too! About 26"! I think it's pretty cool...

The numbers on the UPC are: 0 14397 26140 1

Hope that helps.

Hey, if someone wanted to trade for something cool (tiki mug?), I might be willing to track another one down and ship it....just a thought.

PM me!

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
NJtikiboy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-07-28 8:25 pm   Permalink

slacks, thanks for the tip

View Profile of NJtikiboy Send a personal message to NJtikiboy  Email NJtikiboy Goto the website of NJtikiboy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-28 8:27 pm   Permalink

& I'll be up in Winnipeg in a couple of months for work, so if there are any TCers there who would be willing to pick one up for me to get then, just send along a personal message.

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-28 11:02 pm   Permalink

Here's the one I found at my local Walmart:

Unfortunately, it was the only one there. I was planning on going back tonight, but just realized that it's 10pm and the place has already closed!

If I find any more, I'll report back. He sure looks great out there in the garden.

I first saw these guys on the Design Toscano website selling for around $99US!

Great Minds Drink Alike

[ This Message was edited by: tikiwahine 2008-04-20 22:14 ]

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TNTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-29 12:56 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 16:59 ]

View Profile of TNTiki Send a personal message to TNTiki  Email TNTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-29 10:50 am   Permalink

That tiki looks fabulous! Unfortunately, for many many reasons, I refuse to shop at Wal-Mart.

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-29 11:10 am   Permalink

Walmart is EVIL!

But they have cheap T.P. and Tiki

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijackalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-29 11:40 am   Permalink

Slacks Ferret, thanks for the UPC #. I emailed Wal-Mart.com about getting those tikis or shipping them to stores or persons in the US. Then I called Wal-Mart customer service in Bentonville, AR about getting the tikis shipped to US stores or individuals in the US. No answer yet; the woman on the phone said it was an unusual request (I know its come up before in toy collecting circles) and she'd talk to someone who'd get back to me. We'll see.

View Profile of tikijackalope Send a personal message to tikijackalope  Email tikijackalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-29 3:10 pm   Permalink

Aloha Tikiwahine,

Mahalo for posting the pic. I haven't got my digi-camera yet... It's a wedding gift and that's still a week or so off...

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
NJtikiboy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-07-29 5:24 pm   Permalink

Wow, we are of one mind. I also called Wally mart and asked about shipping them. Still awaiting answer. WM is evil but I want to snap this up before Design Toscano puts and end to it.

tikijackalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-29 6:33 pm   Permalink

I just got a form email back from Wal-Mart promising to answer my question in full. I'm skeptical. I hope this was not a case of Toscano selling catalog overstock to Wal-Mart, in which case it might be a one-time thing. One piece of data that might be useful is if the item is still in Toscano's catalog or not. And yes, Wal-Mart *is* evil but at 3AM when I have the time to work on my house and need something or other, I sure am glad they are open.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation