FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki What's Your Biggest Unsubstantiated Fear?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
What's Your Biggest Unsubstantiated Fear?
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-02 6:15 pm   Permalink

John Crapper?

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bamboo Dude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-02 10:24 pm   Permalink

The Tidy Bowl man?

View Profile of Bamboo Dude Send a personal message to Bamboo Dude      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-riviera
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-03 01:07 am   Permalink

I fear washing my armpits and having the bar of soap get sucked inside my body somehow.
Also, that God is counting how many times I masturbate and i'm going to have to explain this at the pearly gates.

View Profile of tiki-riviera Send a personal message to tiki-riviera  Email tiki-riviera     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-03 05:34 am   Permalink

Why worry about the toilet snakes when you can be a-feared of little tiny ants crawling inside the hollow tubes of your chives?

Oh, wait, maybe that's just me.

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2004-08-03 09:45 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-08-03 05:34, tikifish wrote:
Why worry about the toilet snakes when you can be a-feared of little tiny ants crawling inside the hollow tubes of your chives?

"Chives" (?) is that what you kids are calling it these days?

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-03 11:58 am   Permalink

[quote]
On 2004-08-03 09:45, Tiki_Bong wrote:
Quote:

"Chives" (?) is that what you kids are calling it these days?

We bartenders like to call it garnish.
Uh oh Bongster, do I sense a new thread here?
"What do you like to call it?"

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DaneTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-03 7:48 pm   Permalink

Biggest fear: Being in a position where I need to commit suicide, and being unable to do so. (Obviously influenced by "1984")

Silliest fear: That the ceiling fan will shake itself loose from its moorings and come crashing down on me while I sleep.

Speaking of not being able to get back to the future, why is it that I keep killing all these bugs, and yet it never seems to affect the future much one way or the other?

Say, does anybody else hear that thunder?

View Profile of DaneTiki Send a personal message to DaneTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stuff-o-rama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-10 02:42 am   Permalink

These buggers are invading my house...

'nuff said

View Profile of stuff-o-rama Send a personal message to stuff-o-rama  Goto the website of stuff-o-rama     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SallyandJay
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-10 07:00 am   Permalink

Rats! We have two rats living in our alley next to the building and everytime I come home at night I am afraid they are going to run out from behind the massive trash cans and take a big bite out of my ankle. This slightly remind me of the killer rabbit on Montey Python.

View Profile of SallyandJay Send a personal message to SallyandJay  Email SallyandJay     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dangergirl299
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-08-10 09:53 am   Permalink

Potato bugs!
My first encounter with one was when we moved up to northern cal from so cal - there was one outside the door so my mother and I tried to squish it - kept moving - we coated it in bug spray - kept moving - we chopped it into 3 parts with an axe and it kept moving!!!

the only thing I've seen work on potato bugs is a couple of regular chickens - man, potato bugs and earwigs are like a delicasy to those birds! they go crazy! it's like women fighting over clearance shoes at Nordstrom.

same effect with snails to ducks. if you gather a bucket of snails and toss them at some ducks, they'll jump up in the air to catch them. it's very cute.

View Profile of dangergirl299 Send a personal message to dangergirl299  Email dangergirl299 Goto the website of dangergirl299     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2004-08-10 10:58 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-08-10 09:53, dangergirl299 wrote:
Potato bugs!
My first encounter with one was when we moved up to northern cal from so cal - there was one outside the door so my mother and I tried to squish it - kept moving - we coated it in bug spray - kept moving - we chopped it into 3 parts with an axe and it kept moving!!!

DangerG,

Your story sounds a bit like an experience I had when I first moved out of the house so many moons ago.

It was an apartment in a rather sleazy neighborhood, in a rather cheesy town - Stanton, CA.

Anyway, whenever I'd get up at night in dire need of water (after binge'in), I'd see this monster size cockroach scurrying along the countertop, just an inch or two ahead of my swatting newspaper (or eviction notice (?)).

This little game of cat and mouse went on for a number of weeks - until one night.

I was waiting for the little bastard (cockroaches typically have little interaction with their fathers)to show up and start munching on my sliced white bread one night.

I had a tightly-rolled up front-page section, just waiting to dispatch the little son of a bitch into the cracks in the formica.

I was ready..., I flipped on the light, and low and behold he was there gorging on a bit of Slim Jim.

My weapon of mass-cockroach-distruction (MCD) came crashing down onto his person.

And it was after that mighty crash that I opened my eyes to witness his demise...as he scurried off leaving a single antenna in his wake.

This was one tough little dude I tell you.

He wasn't even fazed. As a matter of fact, the next night I saw him running here and there with a coathanger stuck into the place an antenna once occupied....

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SallyandJay
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-10 11:05 am   Permalink

Tiki Bong & DangerGirl I too have experienced many bug issues. When living in Queens we had smart roaches, personally I think the exterminator gave them brain enhancing drugs instead of killing them. The sink/counter was not attached to the wall and everyonce in a while the roach would stick his head up just enough for me to see him, but the little thing was onto me. As he saw the bottom of my shoe approaching (and my hopes the end of his life) he'd scurry back down to his home (under the sink - a place I never ventured).

Needless to say if my dog had been living in queens with me, she'd of taken care of all roach problems. She ate bees for fun!

View Profile of SallyandJay Send a personal message to SallyandJay  Email SallyandJay     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZebraTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-10 9:23 pm   Permalink

I'm afraid someone will toss a bucket of snails at me, and think it's cute when I jump!

View Profile of ZebraTiki Send a personal message to ZebraTiki  Email ZebraTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-12 12:31 pm   Permalink

Oh jeez, I forgot about potato bugs. I black them out of my mind the way someone blacks out a bad car accident. Those things gross me out more than just about anything. I was sitting here eating pretzels with peanut butter in the middle when I saw that big pic of one and just about hurled. Luckily, I have seen only one of these in a year and a half at our house.
Snakes: Coooool.
Scorpians: Neat-o.
Big hairy spiders: Ewwww.
Potato bugs: AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Artiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-08-12 2:06 pm   Permalink

Losing my hair.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

View Profile of Artiki Send a personal message to Artiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation