[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Say goodbye to the Kona Lanes In OC
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 ) Remove Highlighting
Say goodbye to the Kona Lanes In OC
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-17 7:19 pm   Permalink

Bong, I think that sign would look great in your bar. It would sort of commemorate the tiki bowling thing we did. You may have to add on to your house in order to fit it in.

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-18 3:46 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-02-17 14:44, tikivixen wrote:
So, when do we lie down in front of the bulldozers? Since the end of the world is imminent anyway, let's just get out there in our bathrobes and relax in the mud.

...and once we've resigned ourselves to laying in the mud, the bulldozer operators can assume we're going to lay there all day, so once that assumption is made there's no need to ACTUALLY lay there, so we may as well go 'round the Tiki Bar for a lunchtime Mai Tai!

See www.tydirium.net for Tiki Road Trip, global travelogues, and more!

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-18 3:47 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-02-17 14:44, tikivixen wrote:
So, when do we lie down in front of the bulldozers? Since the end of the world is imminent anyway, let's just get out there in our bathrobes and relax in the mud.

...and once we've resigned ourselves to laying in the mud, the bulldozer operators can assume we're going to lay there all day, so once that assumption is made there's no need to ACTUALLY lay there, so we may as well go 'round the Tiki Bar for a lunchtime Mai Tai!

See www.tydirium.net for Tiki Road Trip, global travelogues, and more!

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-18 7:33 pm   Permalink

Fraid you're gonna have to settle for a half-assed Adios M'F'er, the last time I was there, the bartender didn't know how to make a mai tai.

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheTikiGuy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-02-18 7:48 pm   Permalink

Per my buddy James at the OC Weekly. He recently told me that there is a slight chance Kona can be saved. Word has it that (3) of the council members are bowlers !!

We shall see.....I will be there to show my support.

View Profile of TheTikiGuy Send a personal message to TheTikiGuy  Email TheTikiGuy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-18 7:52 pm   Permalink

The bartendress muddled her way through a Blue Hawaiian with uncertainty. She looked around for the rum. Aha! She came up with a bottle of 151 and started dumping it in. I was filled with the glee.

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-18 7:53 pm   Permalink

Editing out a duplicate post. I was wondering how this was occurring so often on this site today. I sent in the first message and the system mulled it over for a bit. I was then greeted by a message that said the site was too busy right now. Well, the message did take after all. So did the second one I tried to send. Hmmm.

[ This Message was edited by: floratina on 2003-02-18 20:01 ]

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation