FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Kahaka's Tapa Tiki Lamps- Some of the Lamps I'll Have at Tiki Oasis
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 Next Page )
Kahaka's Tapa Tiki Lamps- Some of the Lamps I'll Have at Tiki Oasis
Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2009-09-10 4:06 pm   Permalink

If you see Woody's lamps at the FI sale, jump on them quick. It took a couple minutes for people to see them hanging in Kubar at Oasis, but before you knew it they were disappearing quicketysplit. There were a lot of people who were thinking about buying and came back only to be disappointed that the lamps were sold. With all of the work he puts into each lamp, he is almost giving them away with his great prices. Buybuybuy!

www.tikikaimuki.com

View Profile of Tiki Kaimuki Send a personal message to Tiki Kaimuki  Email Tiki Kaimuki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-10 8:52 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-09-10 16:06, Tiki Kaimuki wrote:

It took a couple minutes for people to see them hanging in Kubar at Oasis, but before you knew it they were disappearing quicketysplit.

Rightfully so!! These lights are just AWESOME!!

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-10 11:09 pm   Permalink

Wheres mine Woody???

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-11 07:45 am   Permalink

You guys are awesome. Thanks for the compliments! It was my first Oasis so I didn't know what to expect sales wise, but I was pretty darned happy with the result. Every dime I made went back to tiki artists... Never seen so much amazing stuff for sale all in one spot... I couldn't resist! Luckily my wife loves the stuff too.

61surf... You're next on the list my brotha!

Custom Tapa Swag Lamps and Sconces Built By Kahaka

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-11 12:39 pm   Permalink

No worries Chad..I was just busting your balls.Your lamps all well worth the wait.

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-07 01:05 am   Permalink

New pics posted on page 10 featuring red and green bulb varitations I was experimenting
with for Christmas holidays .They look so good I may have to switch the bulbs more often.

KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-31 4:55 pm   Permalink

Happy New Year to Tiki Central! I'm hoping to get busy on more lamps in 2010. I've been pretty lazy, but I've got the itch step it up a notch.

Here's one of my most recent lamps. I made 2 for Smuggler's Cove like this. The first was too big for the A-frame, the 2nd is an exact replica, and seemed to fit a lot better. (The original is for sale if anyone is interested... According to Notch and Martin, it hung in the A-frame for roughly 3 hours, so it definitely has some of the Smuggler's Cove Mana!).

Thanks to Anita from "Married with Dinner" for granting me permission to use her photo...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/marriedwithdinner/4157579778/in/set-72157622931498286/

Here's to a solid new year!

Mahalo,
Woody

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
NOTCH
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-01 8:34 pm   Permalink

That's A fact folks! Kahaka made two lamps for us and the one up for grabs was indeed up at the Cove during the build out, so snag this on up quick before its Gone,Gone,Gone!
And have An Awesome New Year!
Cheers!
Notch

View Profile of NOTCH Send a personal message to NOTCH  Email NOTCH     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-02 11:19 pm   Permalink

Awesome, awesome stuff, Woody! Your lamps are just incredible!

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-18 7:42 pm   Permalink

Thanks Eric! Good to see ya at the Tikiyaki show. Man, that Islander painting you had there was more than amazin'!

I just finished this one today. Made a run to OA and couldn't wait to get movin' on a new one.

I love the shape of Sepik drums, dig that cool hour glass shape (Babalu, I know you do too!). It's about 22" tall, and 12" at the widest. I think the tapa is Fijian (atleast the parts with the print look Fijian)... the center of the tapa is a nice shade of brown, and the outer edges of the tapa are white with designs, which I trimmed down to triangles. I used the same tapa for the lamp I did for Smuggler's Cove. The ribs on the side are rattan, wrapped with rope and tapa. Had fun with this one.

Mahalo for lookin',
Woody

tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-02-18 8:23 pm   Permalink

Nice design!!

I would love to be able to "Make a run to OA"

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-18 9:55 pm   Permalink

Thanks Skip! Well, it's a 5 hour drive, not just down the street like it is for some TC folks! I'd love to have scored all the Kahiki goodies you have, so I guess there's a trade off for everything. Ha.

Trad'r Bill
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-18 10:54 pm   Permalink

Sick as always Kahaka - you are a master!

View Profile of Trad'r Bill Send a personal message to Trad'r Bill  Email Trad'r Bill     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-02-19 04:36 am   Permalink

Very true!!

I saw a piece in a magazine about an old Samoan lady
that made Tapa.
Wanted to go on vacation there and see how she does it.
Can't be that hard.
Its getting that hand made look of pounding each image into
the cloth, thats the trick.

Love the rattan accents.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-19 4:04 pm   Permalink

Hey, we should have a tapa making gathering like the tiki carving "Chops" that TCers have. We could call it a "Beat"... and wear dark shades, berets, recite poetry, and call each other 'cool cats'.

Or not.

I still like the idea of making some tapa, though!

Just about done with another lamp... will post pics later.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation