FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Kahaka's Tapa Tiki Lamps- Some of the Lamps I'll Have at Tiki Oasis
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 Next Page )
Kahaka's Tapa Tiki Lamps- Some of the Lamps I'll Have at Tiki Oasis
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-02-19 4:28 pm   Permalink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YftTiAPCTz8

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-19 6:53 pm   Permalink

"The Double-Stuff Oreo of Creativity"
Maynard G. Krebs would be proud.

[ This Message was edited by: Big Kahuna 2010-02-19 18:54 ]

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-02-19 7:55 pm   Permalink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTSrde9IJ9g

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-19 8:18 pm   Permalink

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-20 01:35 am   Permalink

Oh, wow, that was a gas (and/or gave me some...). Wow to the wee, Skipper. That's just it. I suspect we can lay it out with slightly less bongos and poetry. All that sorta gave me a "I wanna click the stop button" impulse (even my black cat Grandpa is riled up right now... He's more of a Rocket from the Crypt fan. Ha.). Ok, no more shimmy shake, let's just do some shtuff! Pound it out, and they will come (like the Field of Dreams with Kevin Coughsner, but koooler). Let's make some TAPA! Oasis 10?

Custom Tapa Swag Lamps and Sconces Built By Kahaka

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-20 1:35 pm   Permalink

I used up just about the last of the white edges of my Fijian (I think) tapa. Kinda sad. Ya just never when the next good piece like this one will roll around.

This new one is about 18" wide, and about 12" tall. The curved ribs are rattan, the flat pieces are bamboo.

Cheers,
Woody

[ This Message was edited by: KAHAKA 2010-02-20 14:01 ]

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
murphdog
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-02-21 5:56 pm   Permalink

I love my new light! I paired it with one of Tikiskip's fishing float lights.
Thanks, Woody!

View Profile of murphdog Send a personal message to murphdog      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-23 9:26 pm   Permalink

Wow, you got that one up quick! I think it's already seen more ceiling than floor. Good work... Looks good next to Skip's! Mahalo Stacy!

KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-25 3:04 pm   Permalink

Found some cool baskets at the Goodwill and put them to use. More lamps for Notch's ceiling.

[ This Message was edited by: KAHAKA 2010-07-18 08:37 ]

Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-25 3:48 pm   Permalink

That first one is awesome. How 'bout some more pics of that room?

KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-25 4:36 pm   Permalink

Thanks Big Kahuna! Check out Nacho's shop and tiki bar on this thread. The finished bar pics are on page 2 or 3. His place is bitchin. It's the Friday night hangout for our San Jose crew. http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=26252&forum=6&start=15&hilite=notch%20shop

KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-04 7:10 pm   Permalink

Who needs a lamp???

I'm gonna have to unload this one quick because I'm growing attached. Finished it yesterday after about 20 hours worth of work.

Tried to get a good shot of what the sea glass actually looks like, but it didn't capture it all that well. Looks more like chunk resin in plain view.

The bottom ports have sea glass in them too.

The sea glass was fun to use. Lottts of resining and waiting, resining and waiting.

Polynesiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-04 8:01 pm   Permalink

....and well worth the wait - that light is AWESOME. Love the sea glass, I always thought that the nice sand blasted glass pieces would look good in a tiki lamp...and you just proved it! Those other lamps you're pumping out are just as beautiful. Each one unique and a work of art!

Totally awesome, I bet Notch's shop looks bitchin' with all your lamps hanging there! I gotta see that place one of these times I'm up San Jose way.

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Pupu Pants
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-04 9:42 pm   Permalink

Just absolutely, positively jaw-dropping, Kahaka.

View Profile of Mr. Pupu Pants Send a personal message to Mr. Pupu Pants  Email Mr. Pupu Pants     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-06-05 04:10 am   Permalink

Looks great!
Always wanted to use that sea glass stuff.
But it's kinda high dollar once you start doing a whole light.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation