FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Kahaka's Tapa Tiki Lamps- Some of the Lamps I'll Have at Tiki Oasis
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 Next Page )
Kahaka's Tapa Tiki Lamps- Some of the Lamps I'll Have at Tiki Oasis
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-05 11:19 am   Permalink

Awesome Woody...just awesome .

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beadtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-05 11:46 am   Permalink

I LOVE that lamp! I spend my time at our beaches with my head down searching for seaglass - some places are treasure troves of the stuff! I'm partial to the glacier blues and the VERY rare reds. Nice job - and hear you on that resin thing! I have to tell myself "Patience, Grasshopper. Patience." when working with it!

View Profile of beadtiki Send a personal message to beadtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-05 12:42 pm   Permalink

Polynesiac, Tikiskip, and Mr. Pupu Pants- Thanks so much... I really appreciate the compliments, especially coming from top notch artists like yourselves. Just trying to keep up, because you guys keep setting the bar higher and higher!

Bill- Thanks Man... always appreciate your compliments.

beadtiki- The royal blues are my favorite too. I used some pretty cool sea green colors too, but it didn't photograph too well. The sea glass looks super cool illuminated. I should have made 2 of these things... one to sell and one to keep!

Custom Tapa Swag Lamps and Sconces Built By Kahaka

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-16 5:15 pm   Permalink

Just finished another for a customer. No blue in this one (as per the customer), just some greens and whites.

Mahalo fer lookin'!
Woody

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Pupu Pants
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-17 2:54 pm   Permalink

Wow Woody!!
When the time comes (and the budget allows) I'd definitely like see if you could make one of those for my basement.
That is just one of my all-time favorite lamps. Soooooooooo cool.

View Profile of Mr. Pupu Pants Send a personal message to Mr. Pupu Pants  Email Mr. Pupu Pants     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
murphdog
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-06-18 8:50 pm   Permalink

We love it!

View Profile of murphdog Send a personal message to murphdog      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Pupu Pants
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-18 11:00 pm   Permalink

Woody's lamps = Cool x infinity + 2

View Profile of Mr. Pupu Pants Send a personal message to Mr. Pupu Pants  Email Mr. Pupu Pants     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
NOTCH
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-03 09:51 am   Permalink

Fantastic job you did on them lamps buddy, your works Kicks ars!!
I need to fill up the Tiki bar with them lamps!.....Now Get back to work!!
Awesome!~ Notch

View Profile of NOTCH Send a personal message to NOTCH  Email NOTCH     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-15 3:58 pm   Permalink

Pupu, you need to try your hand at some lamps. You'll knock 'em outta the park!

Murphdog! Thanks again... looks great in the bar!

Nacho, thanks my dawg. You might recognize these next shots, being that you own the ceiling in them.

A new lamp. It's for sale in the marketplace.

Playin' around with that sea glass.

This little bugger is a newer one too.

These lamps and others will be available at Notch's Ku Bar at Tiki Oasis... Back to work!

Woody

[ This Message was edited by: kahaka 2010-07-18 08:36 ]

[ This Message was edited by: kahaka 2010-07-19 12:59 ]

NOTCH
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-23 5:51 pm   Permalink

a couple mo for ya.. nice work Broham.

View Profile of NOTCH Send a personal message to NOTCH  Email NOTCH     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beadtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-23 10:20 pm   Permalink

Sure wish I'd taken shop way back in high school! I'm trying to figure out how you make the slatted bottoms on those tapa lamps! Very nice!

View Profile of beadtiki Send a personal message to beadtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-24 10:25 am   Permalink

Nice shots, Notch. Look at the dollar darts stuck in the barrel behind the lamp. We need to keep at it until we have enough dollars to fill it full of rum.

Beadtiki, you need to get yourself a compound miter saw (atleast that's what I use). Cuts perfect 45s.

Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-24 4:38 pm   Permalink

COOL stuff, Woody! Ya better get to work and get yer lamp stock up for Oasis. I remember last year when they just started flying outta the KuBar.

Remember Oasis attendees, if you see Kahaka's lamps at Oasis, don't think, just say, "I'll buy it!" Last year some folks were cryin' when they came back to find the lamp they were "thinking about" SOLDsoldSoLD!

www.tikikaimuki.com

View Profile of Tiki Kaimuki Send a personal message to Tiki Kaimuki  Email Tiki Kaimuki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-29 4:07 pm   Permalink

Thanks to everyone that purchased a lamp from me at Oasis! Much obliged, much obliged (as Omar from the Wire might say).

Found some puffers over the summer and made this mobile (not for use above a crib... I have many holes in my fingers that say so).

I'm still tryin' to figure out the bulb color configuration. 3 blues, center red? Any thoughts about how it looks?

KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-29 7:58 pm   Permalink

*crickets*

Ok, how about 2 orange, 1 blue, center red?

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation