FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Kahaka's Tapa Tiki Lamps- Tangaroa Lamp
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 Next Page )
Kahaka's Tapa Tiki Lamps- Tangaroa Lamp
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-29 8:27 pm   Permalink

Swet Woody.I would do red, blue and green bulbs .

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
murphdog
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-09-29 10:16 pm   Permalink

I like the second configuration. Super cool, Woody!

View Profile of murphdog Send a personal message to murphdog      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-30 07:22 am   Permalink

(not for use above a crib...)

Cool concept and great execution!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-30 07:52 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-09-29 19:58, KAHAKA wrote:
*crickets*

More like speechless!

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-30 4:32 pm   Permalink

Love it!
Three orange, one red.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-04 7:51 pm   Permalink

Green, Gold and Red!!!

Welding Gloves.

( that neo-Luau one killed me!

p.s. awesome lamps as always!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-06 4:03 pm   Permalink

KAHAKA - I really dig your work. The Flickr pics are nice, and I'm sure handy, but with your level of work you outta consider firing up your own website. Sophista-tiki and I use Yahoo SiteBuilder and like it.

Super work.

www.robbhamel.com

View Profile of Robb Hamel Send a personal message to Robb Hamel  Goto the website of Robb Hamel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-06 6:41 pm   Permalink

Thanks you all... For the time being, I settled on the configuration in the 2nd pic (until I find me some more Christmas bulbs!). I must have done 7 different set ups until I just plain gave up!

Robb, thanks for the heads up on the Yahoo site builder! Your page looks awesome. The Flikr page is pretty hokey, I know. I need to get my arse in gear and make a more official looking page!

Now who wants to set one up for me?

Custom Tapa Swag Lamps and Sconces Built By Kahaka

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beadtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-08 7:08 pm   Permalink

Love the puffers! Great idea! My husband would say all orange!

View Profile of beadtiki Send a personal message to beadtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-23 4:51 pm   Permalink

Made this one for my buddy Eloy who's whipping together a tiki room.

Was watching Pirates of the Carribean when I thought about cutting wood to look like crab legs for the side of this lamp. I was looking through my tapa stash and was stoked to find a similiar squiggly line pattern on one of the pieces of tapa.

Used a 6 sided Asian hat that Notch found out hunting. Torched it, accidentally burned holes through it, patched it with tapa and abaca matting, and stained it to look old. Now when you look up underneath it you can see some of the tapa patches. Kinda happy about the accidents.

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
NOTCH
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-26 11:33 pm   Permalink

Holy Muther of Cows!!! |
nice lamp brotha.|
I would have to have that baby hanging in my bar!!
love your work always my friend....

Notch

View Profile of NOTCH Send a personal message to NOTCH  Email NOTCH     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-29 9:24 pm   Permalink

Thanks Notch, and for the hat too. Now find another, please. Ha.

KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-12 7:12 pm   Permalink

My first for 2011. Whoopity doo! This one is for a customer. I used a rattan ring that a buddy of mine found for the center, then built the frame around it and attached the tapa and rope stuffs. When I coated it with polyurethanen(because it's gonna hang outside), all the glue I had used failed. I had to wait for the son of gun to dry, then reglue just about everything. You live and learn.

Lights on. Be careful not to stare directly into Lake Surfer's Kava Kava Man's eyes in the background...

Lights off:

T'anks for the peeks.

Woody

MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-01-12 7:41 pm   Permalink

Nice lamps Kahaka. Did you coat the tapa cloth with polyurethane too?

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-12 7:46 pm   Permalink

Thanks Man. Ya, coated the tapa. Tapa absorbs moisture and will mildew if you don't treat it for the outdoors. I should have coated the tapa first before I started the gluing process. Next time!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation