FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Kahaka's Tiki Lamps
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 Next Page )
Kahaka's Tiki Lamps
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-03-29 05:24 am   Permalink

Blue lights.
Who could that be?
They always want the colors you don't have on hand.

Nice lights.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-30 4:16 pm   Permalink

Hey, maybe that person has a special vision or they like blue or maybe just maybe you're being challenged to stay outside the world of browns....... or maybe they just like it all to match....lol

Either way Woody those are great lamps! And I am sure they will be making a huge statemenet!

Amy

[ This Message was edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2011-03-30 16:16 ]

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-30 7:35 pm   Permalink

Haha Amy... I was wondering if you'd chime in. I dig the blue... Skip's lamps look great in blue. Looking forward to seing pics of this mysterious project you've got going!

Custom Tapa Swag Lamps and Sconces Built By Kahaka

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-03-31 05:01 am   Permalink

"Hey, maybe that person has a special vision"

More like Wonka vision, Or your being possessed by
Walt Disney.
Just wish I could see them all up.

[ This Message was edited by: tikiskip 2011-04-01 05:20 ]

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-04 1:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-03-31 05:01, tikiskip wrote:
"Hey, maybe that person has a special vision"

More like Wonka vision, Or your being possessed by
Walt Disney.
Just wish I could see them all up.

[ This Message was edited by: tikiskip 2011-04-01 05:20 ]

You may be right.... Can you believe Ray asked me what my next project was...I almost shot him!... I will post pics of the bar soon, it is truly the best Bar so far. Ben, Tiki Ray, Me finished it up yesterday, just the small details this week, like outlets for all the lights. Alot of new designs and an amazing diorama by Mad Dog Mike...

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Pupu Pants
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-04 2:54 pm   Permalink

I definitely like the blue elements. From a design standpoint, what base color's do you think of when picturing a tropical South sea island? Browns/black(volcanic rock), various greens and ocean blue. I really like the way the blue/green sea glass makes me think of that clear blue water that surrounds the islands of the South Pacific without being overwhelming. It also can give your room a nice subtle blueish 'magic-hour' evening glow.

I think those lamps are insanely beautiful.
Great work.

View Profile of Mr. Pupu Pants Send a personal message to Mr. Pupu Pants  Email Mr. Pupu Pants     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-04-04 4:51 pm   Permalink

"Can you believe Ray asked me what my next project was"
Oh I'm sure there will be many more projects in your life.
You are like a shark you gotta keep moving, amnd what a great thing you
get to look back and say I made that, If not for me that would not be.
The world needs more people like that.

Yeah blue is cool but it's hard to find the blue glass.
Then when you do it's such a faded light blue not a cool
blue.
I'm sure Kahaka will tell you this as well we can make any color
you want it's just a time thing.
Just gotta wait to find the right parts.

KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-02 6:43 pm   Permalink

Thank all, and thanks Amy for the opportunity to be a part of your awesome vision!!

Skip, the pieces of glass that I use are already colored... removes a step for me from the building process. I used a blue bulb inside the lamp which makes the blue glass glow with a nice brilliant aqua blue color.

Here's one I finished last week for a customer that wanted a turtle carving that he picked up in Maui adapted into the bottom of a lamp. More blue seaglass at work here.

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
gold zephyr
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-05-02 7:27 pm   Permalink

I agree with pupu. The blue gives off a majestic vibe that would be nice to chill in with some equally majestic blue or purple "drank"

[ This Message was edited by: gold zephyr 2011-05-02 19:27 ]

View Profile of gold zephyr Send a personal message to gold zephyr      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
spiked
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-05-03 06:27 am   Permalink

Wow! Beautiful as always! I'm a huge fan!

View Profile of spiked Send a personal message to spiked      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-14 3:13 pm   Permalink

Aloha!

Here are some lamps I've done so far this summer. My wife has been helping me with the paint work on some of the wooden side pieces. It helps to have a helper!

Cheers,
Woody

Polynesiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-14 5:49 pm   Permalink

That blue turtle lamp is awesome!! Really nice job on creating an ocean vibe on that lamp. You've got a ton of lamps done already!!! You're unstoppable!!!!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-14 7:28 pm   Permalink

love looking at your thread!

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-11 10:10 pm   Permalink

Thank you, Los Dudes!!

Here is the current batch that's boxed and bound for the Bahamas. I've seen more of the basement than the surface of level of my house this summer.

gold zephyr
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-08-13 12:52 am   Permalink

you are like the lebron james of lamp making!

View Profile of gold zephyr Send a personal message to gold zephyr      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation