FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Kahaka's Tapa Tiki Lamps- Tangaroa Lamp
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 Next Page )
Kahaka's Tapa Tiki Lamps- Tangaroa Lamp
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-18 10:50 am   Permalink

Here's some wall sconce's I've been working on. They're 8" wide x 10" tall.

[ This Message was edited by: KAHAKA 2006-02-18 10:51 ]

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-02-18 6:08 pm   Permalink

whoa... I missed your last post - those lamps are too cool AND going to the Kona Club?!?!?! Awesome! They'll look great with B-bens work...fit right in. So how many tiki bars have your lamps now?

Those sconces are excellent. THose for home or for sale? or???? You got the magic touch for the lights. nice job!!!

PS - I still want to do that trade...just been super busy...

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-19 03:09 am   Permalink

Nice wall lamps, as always. The half circle design looks good too

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-27 6:42 pm   Permalink

Thanks you guys for nice words. Poly, I just about went bananers when Doug considered my lamps for the Kona. I was completely blown away when I dropped them off before the place opened. 'Boo Ben's work's friggin' bitchin' (that was 5 apostrophes in a row). I still needs to make me a visit out there... I haven't seen the place since it opened.

Here's my latest...

I tried staining the bamboo after torching it, like I did on the sconces.

[ This Message was edited by: KAHAKA 2006-02-27 18:54 ]

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-27 7:03 pm   Permalink

Nice job!!! The bamboo bottom came out well.

View Profile of OnaTiki Send a personal message to OnaTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-27 8:09 pm   Permalink

Kahaka the lamp master

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac

Posted: 2006-02-27 8:11 pm   Permalink

another beauty of a lamp! I dig the cut bamboo bottom - it looks time consuming, but the effect on the light looks totally cool.

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-27 8:24 pm   Permalink

Yeah, those bamboo bottoms are a bugger. Just ask OnaTiki... he's the bamboo bottom king!

Monkeyman, I'm no master... still trying to figure this lamp making thing out. Your latest lamp is cooler than anything I've seen!

hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-28 01:26 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-02-27 20:24, KAHAKA wrote:
...still trying to figure this lamp making thing out...

Nah dude, your much past the "just figuring it out" stage. Love it, very cool.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-20 11:24 pm   Permalink

New lamp for the VLV Ku tiki bar... made this a while back but didn't post it. I also just put pics of it up on Nacho's (creator of the Ku bar) collection of stuff.

[ This Message was edited by: KAHAKA 2006-04-20 23:24 ]

caerthe
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-04-21 12:43 am   Permalink

Kahaka,

I've always found this form of lighting, extremely intriguing. It was, in fact, my search for tiki lighting that led me to TC. You should make a few commercial models and approach a chain store. I mean that in a sincerely positive way.

View Profile of caerthe Send a personal message to caerthe  Email caerthe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-04-21 07:31 am   Permalink

Very cool lamps Kahaka.

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Lee
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-04-21 8:56 pm   Permalink

Very nice lamps! They remind me of the "rental only" lamps at Oceanic Arts -- the ones I can never convince them to sell me! I love the look of the little bamboo rounds on the bottom. Are those just cut to short lengths and glued to the bottom?

View Profile of Tiki Lee Send a personal message to Tiki Lee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TravelingJones
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2006-04-22 11:36 am   Permalink

Tripping-Da-Lightshow-Fantastic, Kahaka! De-lights iz smokin' HOT!!!
Ho Ssweeet brah, are they available to us mere mortals???

...Flippity-fLip-floPPin-Flip-OUT!!! --TravelingJones

View Profile of TravelingJones Send a personal message to TravelingJones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac

Posted: 2006-04-22 6:45 pm   Permalink

Carving too? Once you start, you'll be hooked and want to add little carved pieces to all your new lamps. Love you lamps - I saw the ones at FI in persona few weeks past and they were HOT! you do fine work.

You going to Oasis?

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation