FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving A small carving and a Memorial project
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
A small carving and a Memorial project
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-26 3:02 pm   Permalink

Voila......All done!

The photos may be tricking to the eye because the mouth is small and the line you see which sorta looks like a mouth is really the point at which the lower lip stops and the chin begins. We all have that line on our faces but I don't know if it really has a name? Anyway I just wanted to clarify what you are seeing.

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SilverLine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-26 4:37 pm   Permalink

Man 8-FT, your carving skills are really taking off! This latest is top notch! Have you considered selling some of these??

Classic Silver Line Boats

View Profile of SilverLine Send a personal message to SilverLine  Goto the website of SilverLine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-26 4:50 pm   Permalink

woooh! looks GREAT. all smoothed out and everything. great color too.
love it man

View Profile of Tiki Duddy Send a personal message to Tiki Duddy  Email Tiki Duddy Goto the website of Tiki Duddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-26 5:14 pm   Permalink

That is beautiful!!! Excellent job of recycling.

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-26 5:15 pm   Permalink

Smoooooth man

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Howland
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-26 6:09 pm   Permalink

That's a true work of art--very stylistic, smooth, nice lines, nice grain-and everything else that has been said about it before--SUPA-NICE!

The Curse of Howland Island

View Profile of Howland Send a personal message to Howland  Email Howland     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-26 11:52 pm   Permalink

Voila ? Do you speak french?

Beautiful moai.
Did you stain it?

Bravo

Benjamin.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-27 06:26 am   Permalink

Beautiful piece 8FT, you have Really Showcased the grain and kept the Moai look true.BEautiful piece of wood and you have certainly done it justice.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-27 2:43 pm   Permalink

That is BEAutiful! Such a nice, dark, prominant grain. You worked it perfectly. That gun handle BLOWS me away!

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigap
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-27 6:19 pm   Permalink

The gunstock moai is very nice - that piece is really nice wood too. Sorry to hear about your dad 8ft.

Now the coon tiki diablo tang looks great hangin up there! I need some touch up on mine too... I'm soo far behind...

View Profile of tikigap Send a personal message to tikigap  Email tikigap Goto the website of tikigap     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-06 4:37 pm   Permalink

Sweet Moai 8ft! You nailed the simple flowing lines needed to pull it off.
Maybe do one as a profile and mount on a burlap or contrasting wood backing and frame it?
Swords into ploughshares, guns into Moais!

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-06 5:05 pm   Permalink

That moai is gorgeous! The wood is just incredible, and the simple lines just really show it off. Nice finish with the tung oil as well.

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-13 4:31 pm   Permalink

8ft, that is very imaginative! The work is beautiful too!

Amy

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-03-13 8:38 pm   Permalink

Beautious! GROG like!

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-06 3:50 pm   Permalink

Here are 3 pendants I have completed in the last few months. One is a mini replica of the 8FT tall vintage palm Marquesan tiki from the K.C. Kona Kai originally created by Ed Crissman who worked for Oceanic Arts and restored by me in 2003. It is now in our great room and is the basis of my TC name. (for anyone who did not know the origins of my moniker) I wear this one with my aloha shirts. I also made a Moai with topknot for Mrs.8FT and the last one is a Moai Kava Kava bust and it is my entry for the Easter Island themed carving swap.
Each is 4 inches tall except for the Kava Kava which is 3 1/2". I worked on these mostly in the evenings while watching tv. I guess it is kinda like indoor whittling. (which Mrs. 8FT lets me do if I clean up after myself).
Benzart, I have used the heck out of the hook knife set since you told me where to get it. Thanks again for the advice.

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation