FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving A small carving and a Memorial project
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
A small carving and a Memorial project
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-04 10:00 pm   Permalink

hey man that is awsome. the colors work together really well. good work.

and im sorry to hear about your dad. he looked like a good man.

View Profile of Tiki Duddy Send a personal message to Tiki Duddy  Email Tiki Duddy Goto the website of Tiki Duddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-25 8:30 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-08-02 22:08, Paipo wrote:
It looks like it's much bigger than it is, you've packed in a heap of detail for a small piece. Is the bigger one it's based on posted earlier in this thread? A lot of the images don't seem to work anymore.
Real sorry to hear about your Dad, looks like he was pretty cool.

I went back and fixed all of the missing pictures in all of my threads that had been moved by shutterfly. Hope you get a chance to go back and see them now. Meanwhile, here is an older shot of the 8FT himself.

Mahalo, 8FT

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-25 8:42 pm   Permalink

thanks for fixing all of those! that must have been a huge job(stupid shutterfly)

what a great living room you have there, I love the little shelf to the left of mr. 8'

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-26 05:23 am   Permalink

8Ft, that 8footer really looks great, he looks so Small in your Huge living room!
Did you find an easy way to fix the shutterfly pix, or did you have to all, one by one? It would seem I have a couple hundred to fix.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-26 2:11 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-08-26 05:23, Benzart wrote:
8Ft, that 8footer really looks great, he looks so Small in your Huge living room!
Did you find an easy way to fix the shutterfly pix, or did you have to all, one by one? It would seem I have a couple hundred to fix.

Ben, I had to fix them ONE AT A TIME! I knew I should just sit down and take care of it so it really wasn't so bad. I encourage everyone who has a similar shutterfly problem to get the pics up to date here on TC because we all hate the little red x's. The only ones I couldn't get back are those which I did not have on shutterfly when our hard drive died. Those are lost forever. anyway, I did the best I could.

After re-posting the photos of our great room I realized I haven't put up any since we redid the room. Here are a few.

First we chose a better color and repainted the walls.

Then we bought 8 rolls of reed fencing 8'x15'which I put on the ceiling. Man it was messy but the old popcorn look is all covered up now WOO-HOO!
The whole transformation took almost 2 months working in the evenings and Saturdays. It really helped to warm the feeling of the room and makes old 8FT look more at home too.

will add some more later

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-26 2:13 pm   Permalink

Wow , what a transformation.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-26 2:24 pm   Permalink

Nice job!
I was going to mention how PREFECT that room would be for a tiki transformation, but it occured to me that you might not want to change it. I can imagine all sorts of lamps hanging from that ceiling, it's perfect!

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-26 3:04 pm   Permalink

Nice pad 8FT. Kinda scary working up over that staircase, huh? It gives me the creeps just watching ya standing on that board. The big tiki looks great in there.

-Gman

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-26 8:30 pm   Permalink

Here's a few more shots.

Tiki Lee's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-28 10:33 am   Permalink

Wow! How in the heck did you get the reed fencing to stay put without sagging? Didja glue it, staple-gun it, or nail it? And didja have to fire-proof and insect-proof it first?
It looks SOOOO much better than before, which didn't really look bad at all in the first place!
Great, wonderful, fantastic job!

View Profile of Tiki Lee's Send a personal message to Tiki Lee's      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-28 10:41 am   Permalink

Wow, that room looks great! I bet 8ft is much happier there now.

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-28 10:48 am   Permalink

That room is the best place in Kansas City followed distantly by Mill Creek Brewery.
JP

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-28 3:06 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-08-28 10:33, Tiki Lee's wrote:
Wow! How in the heck did you get the reed fencing to stay put without sagging? Didja glue it, staple-gun it, or nail it? And didja have to fire-proof and insect-proof it first?

Thanks Lee, good to hear from you. We ordered the rolls from a supplier in CA. I didn't anything proof it and I used nothing but a staple gun and over 2000 staples. Let me tell you folks, working over your head is tough when you are holding a 15 foot roll of reed fencing while balancing on a ladder 15 feet above your carpeting. I had to trim the reeds because they were not the perfect width or length to fit between my ceiling beams. So I had to tack the top end and then trim a foot or two off the end, staple it up and then move down and move the ladder and climb back up, get clumsy and drop the scissors, climb down, pick them up, climb back up, run out of staples, climb back down, drop the roll of fencing, re-staple everything that pulled loose while I was trying not to fall...........

After I had completed the first two panels and was getting a rythym going, I stood back and looked up to see that every little staple was gleaming at me like little stars.
So you know what I did? I went back up on that ladder with a little bottle of yellowish craft paint and a brush and I painted every one of those things until they were not visible any more. Then My stupid brain said hey man, why don't you paint the whole bunch of staples before you put them in the staple gun and then they will be painted when they go up? I wish he would have said something earlier but I was very impressed he came up with it at all. So I did just that and saved a bunch of time and frustration.

Quote:

On 2006-08-28 10:41, JenTiki wrote:
Wow, that room looks great! I bet 8ft is much happier there now.

You're right Jen, he is. In fact WE ALL ARE!

Quote:

On 2006-08-28 10:48, JohnnyP wrote:
That room is the best place in Kansas City followed distantly by Mill Creek Brewery.
JP

That's quite a comp. JP Thanks and next time you're in the area let me know. You're welcome to stop by any time and we'll hit the brewery too!

Thanks everyone for the nice words. If you want to transform a room, the ceiling is a "fresh canvas".
GO FOR IT !!! 8FT

8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-12 11:58 am   Permalink

I just wanted to share this photo with everyone. It was taken by my good buddy Silverline who came to our home with all of his photo equipment and together we set up this shot of the 8FT. The Coon-tiki gang is familiar with it but I hadn't shared on TC so here you go. I like it so much I even added it to my signature!

[ This Message was edited by: 8ft tiki 2006-11-12 15:07 ]

tikigap
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-11-12 3:30 pm   Permalink

That print is Massively awesome 8ft. Very nice. It's hanging in my "gallery", if you can call it that, awaiting the tiki bar I will build someday.

I really like what you did with the ceiling in your living room too.

View Profile of tikigap Send a personal message to tikigap  Email tikigap Goto the website of tikigap     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation