FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Disneyland Pele tiki mug - can somone pick one up for me?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
Disneyland Pele tiki mug - can somone pick one up for me?
isaca
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-09-14 12:52 am   Permalink

I was able to buy mine today. Hooray! Now it's unavailable again.

View Profile of isaca Send a personal message to isaca  Email isaca     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kbgator
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-14 07:10 am   Permalink

I got a friendly email yesterday and was able to claim one pele mug. Guess I got lucky to get one from the first shipment. Thanks again everyone.

View Profile of kbgator Send a personal message to kbgator  Email kbgator     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bamboo Bob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-14 10:21 am   Permalink

Two more Disney Enchanted Tiki Room "Pele" mugs just showed up on ebay, "teeny Tikis" too...

View Profile of Bamboo Bob Send a personal message to Bamboo Bob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sirginn
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-09-14 7:25 pm   Permalink

Ordered my pele from the mouseshoppe website no problem yesterday.

View Profile of sirginn Send a personal message to sirginn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stuff-o-rama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-14 9:48 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-09-13 23:34, smogbreather wrote:
Quote:

On 2004-09-13 08:00, kbgator wrote:
Holden:
Please tell me that you have made more than 144 Pele Mugs or that you are going to send Disneyland another shipment sometime within the next month. I was unfortunate to get in this original shipment of mugs. I have a source to get in on the next shipment if there is one. Please let me know.

We've made more than the 144. Within the next month... cannot say right now. Sorry you were unfortunate to get in the original shipment of mugs... hey, how'd you get in there!? Get out of there fast or the packing tape will hurt!
Mahaloz,
Holden

White trash spa treatments!

I e-mailed ye ole mouseshoppe and asked to be put on a waiting list, they informed me of the Pele arrival so I could order one. They sell for $30 so stay away from eBay scalpers if possible. They also have the other mugs on the site.

View Profile of stuff-o-rama Send a personal message to stuff-o-rama  Goto the website of stuff-o-rama     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SON OF MOTHRA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-15 10:10 am   Permalink

Just got my Pele yesterday. I can now fully understand DisneyEARS reluctance to wanting to ship these guys. This is one BIG ASS, heavy, oddly shaped tiki mug. I can see it easily getting damaged during shipment. It says in the add that it's 11 inches tall, but it just doesn't come together until you actually see it. Truly stunning. Rockinroll girl saw it as I opened it up, carefully unwrapped it and placed it proudly on the table. She said, "Holy crap.....what the hell is that!!!!" It is now out favorite mug.

View Profile of SON OF MOTHRA Send a personal message to SON OF MOTHRA  Email SON OF MOTHRA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-15 10:27 am   Permalink

I keep tracking mine that is currently "out for delivery". Can't wait to get home and see it!

Does a Pele drink exist?

View Profile of MachTiki Send a personal message to MachTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Matt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-15 8:54 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-09-15 10:27, MachTiki wrote:
I keep tracking mine that is currently "out for delivery". Can't wait to get home and see it!

Does a Pele drink exist?

According to one website "Koko Head (the volcano) which is on the island of Oahu, was said to have been built 10,000 years ago by Pele, Goddess of the Volcanoes. Koko Head (the cocktail) by all accounts, was Pele's beverage of choice." Here's the recipe (try at your own risk):

KOKO HEAD
ingredients:
1/2 oz. pineapple liqueur or apricot liqueur
1/2 oz. triple sec
1 1/2 oz. light rum
1 oz. lime juice
Lime slice

Mixing instructions:
Mix all ingredients, except lime slice, with cracked ice in a shaker or blender, pour into a chilled Old Fashioned glass, and garnish with lime slice.

View Profile of Tiki Matt Send a personal message to Tiki Matt  Goto the website of Tiki Matt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-15 11:34 pm   Permalink

Alohaz,
Pele's probably the best mug we've made so far... but there are about 10 new desingns in the works for a January 2005 launch and I think about all or so are just as/more awesome! Keep an eye out for "THE TIKINATOR!".... now talk like Arnold and say
"Tilt Him Baaaack!!!"... much, much more, too... Grog, Goon & Gulp + the "Alohabilly Tiki Girlz"!
Mahaloz,
Holden
ps - Ben, can you gimme an arrrrrrrrr!?

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-16 09:48 am   Permalink

Good work, Holden! We just got our Pele mug from mouseshoppe.com, and it's our new favorite of all the Tiki Farm mugs! It's huge, great carving, nicely glazed, and it has the coolest lid! We'll have to get another one, just so Krustiki and I can each have one of our own. Can't wait to see the next batch!

View Profile of ookoo lady Send a personal message to ookoo lady      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SON OF MOTHRA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-16 10:08 am   Permalink

Hey thanks for Koko Head recipe Tiki Matt. You'll have to multiply those ingredients 10 times in order to fill the Pele mug up, but it sounds good to me!

Holden, I agree. I think the Pele is the finest mug you guys have turned out and it's certainly one of my favorites in my collection. I can't wait to see the new ones coming in Jan!

View Profile of SON OF MOTHRA Send a personal message to SON OF MOTHRA  Email SON OF MOTHRA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-16 10:38 am   Permalink

Tiki Matt... YOU DA MAN!!!!!!!!

Thanks for posting the Pele recipe. I love it when I have all the ingredients as well.

Holden,
My Pele mug came yesterday, and it is a beast. GREAT mug and it proudly towers over all the rest. I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say that we can't wait to see all the rest. Please keep us posted.

View Profile of MachTiki Send a personal message to MachTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Matt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-16 11:23 am   Permalink

Glad you liked the recipe!

I concur, this is a super cool mug! Along with the minis, totems, and the Encahanted TR model, I now have a pretty cool ETR display going.

Holden - When is the 50th anniv. mug scheduled to be released?

View Profile of Tiki Matt Send a personal message to Tiki Matt  Goto the website of Tiki Matt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kbgator
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-16 1:13 pm   Permalink

Okay, now that all the Pele's are gone. How many west coasters actually helped the people from the east side. I know I got a few emails from people saying that were going to go and get a few mugs for the people on the east side, but when the mugs finally showed up at Disneyland, nobody emailed me to let me know that they had any extras. Just wanting to know if some of the people on the east side got any luck from fellow TC'ers.
Did you get one gatorjwade?

View Profile of kbgator Send a personal message to kbgator  Email kbgator     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Ragin' Rarotongan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-16 2:51 pm   Permalink

Matt was kind enough to hook up a fellow TC'r, and from the opposite coast at that! I will probably be one of the only Floridian TC'ers to own one. I can't wait to see it, I hear it is one of Tiki Farm's best yet. Thanks again Matt, like I said I owe you one. If there is anything from Hukilau, or South Florida in general that you want, let me know.
Aaron
"Want a beer?'"...."It's 7:00 in the morning!"...."Scotch?"...."Not during working hours."

View Profile of The Ragin' Rarotongan Send a personal message to The Ragin' Rarotongan  Email The Ragin' Rarotongan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation