FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Disneyland Pele tiki mug - can somone pick one up for me?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
Disneyland Pele tiki mug - can somone pick one up for me?
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2004-10-08 11:56 pm   Permalink

It's also available (at times) at http://www.mouseshoppe.com . This would be the place Holden can't mention. Of course there's a reasonable markup plus shipping. Send 'em an email, they might be putting together a waiting list.

The good news is that Holden needs to access more kilns (and molds). Like they say; "If you're not growing your business, you're losing your business."

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-09 12:00 am   Permalink

You don't know the half of it! Hello, we're gonna order "x" amount of mugs... holy camolee these things are selling like kwazeee.. we now want "y" amount of mugs!!!
Let me mention
www.mouseshoppe.com - they sell them to as has been shown on here many times.
Mahaloz,
Holden

[ This Message was edited by: smogbreather on 2004-10-09 00:02 ]

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-09 12:01 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-10-08 23:56, Hakalugi wrote:
It's also available (at times) at http://www.mouseshoppe.com . This would be the place Holden can't mention...
The good news is that Holden needs to access more kilns (and molds). Like they say; "If you're not growing your business, you're losing your business."

Mahaloz,
Holden

Why would you say that I can't mention this - let me know where that came from (???) and then mention the "not growing/losing your business: phrase without a clue... lame.

[ This Message was edited by: smogbreather on 2004-10-09 00:40 ]

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2004-10-09 12:19 am   Permalink

Since you said the mugs were available exclusively from Disneyland, and that you didn't mention MouseShoppe, I thought I should mention them. I just figured that since you have a contract with Disney, you probably wouldn't mention other sources (which you didn't). Please don't take it the wrong way, I was just trying to point out another source and give it a little intrigue.

As far as the business phrase, that's just business 101. And your business IS growing, right? And that is good news!!

I'm sorry if it came off lame. I meant no offense.

[ This Message was edited by: Hakalugi on 2004-10-09 01:44 ]

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mrs. B
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-09 01:12 am   Permalink

None of your business, I believe.
Live it Love it.
ALOHA

View Profile of Mrs. B Send a personal message to Mrs. B      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-09 01:15 am   Permalink

Hac,
What the hell is yout point?

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2004-10-09 01:47 am   Permalink

See above edit for added clarification.

Tiki Matt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-09 10:27 am   Permalink

I think the "not growing your business" comment may have come off wrong. After a conversation I had with Holden several months ago, it sounds like Tiki Farm has been growing and growing and growing! All businesses have growing pains, I have been through it many times over the years. Anyway, Tiki Farm consistantly has great products and I believe has brought Tiki Goods to the masses in a positive way. Kudos to Holden and his posse!

View Profile of Tiki Matt Send a personal message to Tiki Matt  Goto the website of Tiki Matt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2004-10-09 11:43 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-10-09 10:27, Tiki Matt wrote:
I think the "not growing your business" comment may have come off wrong.

Yeah, I should have supplemented the phrase with "and Tiki Farm's business is clearly growing."

Hot Rod Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-09 4:42 pm   Permalink

I just had the pleasure of touring Holdens place as I am a "dealer/customer" of "the farm", rest assured that Holden is growing this business with calculated abandon!! I saw new projects & old stuff. It was cool to meet Drew & wife, Frank and everyone. The Farm rocks!!Mahalo, Don

View Profile of Hot Rod Tiki Send a personal message to Hot Rod Tiki  Email Hot Rod Tiki Goto the website of Hot Rod Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-09 10:03 pm   Permalink

I always thought that Tiki Farm worked out of their garage!!?? Silly me.

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-09 10:11 pm   Permalink

No, they work out of a barn... FARM getit?!?!?!

Just kidding Ben, don't go pirate on me...

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-09 11:10 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-10-08 23:30, smogbreather wrote:
add the cost of travel plus the cost to get into Disney plus the cost of the mug plus the cost of a hotel room and perhaps a rental car...

It's the only way I justify an ebay purchase. To quote Homer Simpson, "It's just a little waterlogged. It's still OK."

[ This Message was edited by: Turbogod on 2004-10-09 23:11 ]

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
limptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-10 6:25 pm   Permalink

Ok, Ok I didn't mean to denegrate your mugs, I mean hell I collect them, but i'm happy to have another shot at one of these without having to snipe somebody and pay 4 times the original retail. I also certainly agree that a trip to Disney is costly in several ways as I experienced last spring with my ever grateful offspring.

View Profile of limptiki Send a personal message to limptiki  Email limptiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stuff-o-rama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-11 12:04 am   Permalink

I've been a "field hand" on the Farm since the beginning. Their mugs are the one thing that keeps me excited about my business. The quality and variety has grown immensely since their inception. I've delt with many fly by night companies with agressive salesmen, Tiki Farm is the exact opposite. It's like going on a quick vacation when dealing with them. They are honest and always inform if/when runs are behind.

The Disney mugs are incredible! I made a visit and purchased a few, I was able to get a Pele mug from Mouseshoppe all because of Tiki Central giving me the "heads up." Sometimes you have to look at your priorities in life, having a stroke over not obtaining a current issue mug is not healthy. Use the forum to your advantage. We have the upper hand on the eBay scalpers here. If you miss the boat someone here is on your side to trade or sell. That's why I keep coming back here.

**sniff--i need a tissue

View Profile of stuff-o-rama Send a personal message to stuff-o-rama  Goto the website of stuff-o-rama     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation