FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Collecting Tiki » » Disneyland Pele tiki mug - can somone pick one up for me?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
Disneyland Pele tiki mug - can somone pick one up for me?
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-19 09:38 am   Permalink

Nice of you to make the offer Tiki Matt. Unfortunately (for me) my doubles are fairly lame. Nothing to excite a seasoned collector. Hope you do well.

If anyone else is able to pick up an extra from Disneyland and send to me I would really be grateful. I already checked the mouse shoppe and they don't have any of the Pele's. So I can't order one myself.
Can anyone help old 8FT get a Pele for Christmas???? PLEASE...

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquaorama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-19 7:38 pm   Permalink

I know this is not supposed to be here, but I just saw one on EBAY for a buy it now of 35 bucks. It's not mine!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=13843&item=6500430077&rd=1

Hopefully someone can snag it since they tend to sell for much more normally on Ebay!

[ This Message was edited by: aquaorama on 2004-12-19 19:39 ]

View Profile of aquaorama Send a personal message to aquaorama      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aikiman44
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-20 4:52 pm   Permalink

From the frigid Northeast, I'm also interested if anyone can get any of the Disney mugs.

View Profile of aikiman44 Send a personal message to aikiman44  Email aikiman44 Goto the website of aikiman44     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-21 1:59 pm   Permalink

He just posted 4 more Pele mugs for $35.00 each. Grab while you can! (I bought one)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=13843&item=6500711932&rd=1

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikis-R-Go
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-12-21 2:26 pm   Permalink

FYI -- My husband just received a call from Disneyland 10 minutes ago that the Adventureland Bazaar received a case of Pele mugs today. Good luck if anyone is nearby the Park and wants to pick one up!

View Profile of Tikis-R-Go Send a personal message to Tikis-R-Go  Email Tikis-R-Go     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kanaloa
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-12-21 3:23 pm   Permalink

Just called Disneyland and they said they were already sold out. EBay is looking better every minute.

View Profile of Kanaloa Send a personal message to Kanaloa  Email Kanaloa Goto the website of Kanaloa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-21 9:03 pm   Permalink

I was at D-Land this morning and while there's plenty of the "Chanting Tiki Room" mug - in all three colors - the Pele mugs are (once again) completely sold out. The woman I spoke with said that the same guy comes in every time they put new ones out and buys ALL of them. He doesn't 'just check on them' - she said he knows when they're in. Obviously, someone is unfairly cornering the market on this mug (a cast member with inside info, maybe?). I have an annual pass and live within an hours drive, so I can (and do) check every so often, but in the dozen times I've been there in the past few months, there's never been a single Pele mug to be found.

Sour grapes? Yeah, I suppose...
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiEAMES
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-12-21 9:47 pm   Permalink

Just got mine. I put my name on the waiting list in september and they said that the next three people were put notified? What gives, if there were 168 released. They could only spare three for a waiting list that is how long?

Mr. Grinch your an evil one.

View Profile of tikiEAMES Send a personal message to tikiEAMES      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Matt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-21 10:26 pm   Permalink

Seems to be a right place right time situation.

View Profile of Tiki Matt Send a personal message to Tiki Matt  Goto the website of Tiki Matt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kono
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-22 03:57 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-12-21 21:03, Doctor Z wrote:
I was at D-Land this morning and while there's plenty of the "Chanting Tiki Room" mug - in all three colors - the Pele mugs are (once again) completely sold out. The woman I spoke with said that the same guy comes in every time they put new ones out and buys ALL of them. He doesn't 'just check on them' - she said he knows when they're in. Obviously, someone is unfairly cornering the market on this mug (a cast member with inside info, maybe?). I have an annual pass and live within an hours drive, so I can (and do) check every so often, but in the dozen times I've been there in the past few months, there's never been a single Pele mug to be found.

Dr. Z, why don't you call some higher up management and explain the situation. I'm sure they want their product available to park guests and would take measures to stop one person from buying all the mugs.

View Profile of Kono Send a personal message to Kono  Email Kono Goto the website of Kono     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ElDiablo_Rojo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-12-22 2:18 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Might be the same person who's had a bunch of them on ebay with the $35 BIN.

View Profile of ElDiablo_Rojo Send a personal message to ElDiablo_Rojo  Email ElDiablo_Rojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Matt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-22 3:26 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-12-22 14:18, ElDiablo_Rojo wrote:
Quote:

Might be the same person who's had a bunch of them on ebay with the $35 BIN.

The $35 BIN seems like a good deal (only $10 over retail). The person that has been posting them must be content with less than 50% profit(is my math right?). Doesn't make much sense to me.....seems they could space out the postings and make a killing. Anyway, I still have a few left if anyone wants to trade.

View Profile of Tiki Matt Send a personal message to Tiki Matt  Goto the website of Tiki Matt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheWickedWahine

Posted: 2004-12-28 8:42 pm   Permalink

I'd really like to get a hold of one, don't know if I will be able to without the help of Ebay.

Argh, darn packrats.

View Profile of TheWickedWahine Send a personal message to TheWickedWahine  Goto the website of TheWickedWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Deery Luau
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-12-28 9:30 pm   Permalink

There are two more Pele mugs on Ebay right now. BIN is $57.99. Man, I am a sucker!

View Profile of Deery Luau Send a personal message to Deery Luau  Email Deery Luau     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-29 10:22 am   Permalink

And that same user (abragan744ufc) who has the bin for $58 has had 4 of these posted this week already (3 at the same time right now!)

Meanwhile, us Northeast tiki-freaks will wind up paying these crazy prices or going without.

Well, I for one, am sick of this ebay racketeering. Shag prints on there 1 day after they sell out for double their original cost...all things Disney (esp disney tiki) bought out from the stores and then marked up ridiculously.

No more! I'm not buying jack from these people anymore. Hopefully, some of the TC'ers will follow my lead. If there's no market for this stuff, idiots like abragan744ufc wont buy EVERY SINGLE MUG from the Disney store to re-sell.

Then, a request like the origin of this thread ("someone pick me up a pele mug") can be be easily filled by anyone with access to the park, and the kindness to do so.

Sorry for the rant...just my 2 cents.

Anyone else feeling me on this one?

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation