FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Collecting Tiki » » Disneyland Pele tiki mug - can somone pick one up for me?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
Disneyland Pele tiki mug - can somone pick one up for me?
Tiki Matt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-26 08:23 am   Permalink

I'll be going this weekend (I think), If they're in I'll let everyone know. I'll probably get a few and will let you know how many I have available for you TCers that aren't in the SoCal area. I have an annual pass to D-Land so I get a discount on the mugs and will pass it on to those that are interested. I think the only fair way to do it is this: I'll let everyone know how many I have and the first to PM me will get the mug (1 each). As an FYI: Shipping will probably be around $5 (I use Fed Ex Ground).

View Profile of Tiki Matt Send a personal message to Tiki Matt  Goto the website of Tiki Matt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SON OF MOTHRA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-26 12:53 pm   Permalink

More news on the infamous Pele mug:

I have just called Disneyland. They knew exactly what mug I was talking about. They did get them in, but are now completely sold out. They are going to be getting a new shipment, but they have no idea when. Just want to give a heads up for everyone that was going to make a special run to Disneyland to pick up Pele! I'd hold off for another week or so.

View Profile of SON OF MOTHRA Send a personal message to SON OF MOTHRA  Email SON OF MOTHRA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Matt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-26 1:10 pm   Permalink

Odd, I did a search on ebay and nothing came up. I would think that they would be up for sale considering they're sold out....

View Profile of Tiki Matt Send a personal message to Tiki Matt  Goto the website of Tiki Matt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SON OF MOTHRA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-26 3:21 pm   Permalink

Who knows? I just called a second time, and they don't have any idea if they're even going to be getting ANY of the mugs back in stock ever again....period. This includes the tiny tikis and the totems.

I also called DisneyEARS, even though the word was you could only get them at the actual park. Well apparently they WERE selling them through DisneyEARS however; they were having a major problem with the mugs breaking during shipment. So, even if they get more stock, they will most likely NOT ship them out of DisneyEARS.

When asked what the chances of getting a new shipment in, I got the following response:

"Well, we're just not sure, because we're dealing with an artist" "Now don't get me wrong.....he's a very very nice man, but you just never know"

She also went on to explain that those types of things usually sell very quickly, because they are "modestly" priced, as she put it.

What a drag.... I won't give up though darn it! I needs me one o' them Peles!

[ This Message was edited by: SON OF MOTHRA on 2004-08-26 15:22 ]

View Profile of SON OF MOTHRA Send a personal message to SON OF MOTHRA  Email SON OF MOTHRA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-26 3:44 pm   Permalink

An interesting note from Kevin Kidney (posts here as Miehana), the Disney artist who designed this mug: originally, he wanted the crater at the top of the volcano lid to be a receptacle for dried ice. Apparently, there was concern about the safety of that, so they put the straw hole in to make it a lid, which is also very cool. My thought was that if you want to use it for dry ice, all you'd have to do is back the inside of the whole with something (aluminum foil, perhaps?) temporarily while dripping melted wax into the whole. Presto! Now it'll hold dry ice. I've done that to turn pots for plants into vases before, and it works great.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Matt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-26 3:45 pm   Permalink

Quote:
Who knows? I just called a second time, and they don't have any idea if they're even going to be getting ANY of the mugs back in stock ever again....period. This includes the tiny tikis and the totems.

I called today and got the same response. I'll keep checking as well....

aquaorama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-27 3:55 pm   Permalink

I emailed "Mouseshoppe.com" and asked if they would be stocking these mugs since they had been selling the 4 differnet color Enchanted Tiki room Mug for 18.00 the last few weeks. I was told that they go everyday to Disneyland and when the mugs come out they will try to get some and offer them on thier website.

View Profile of aquaorama Send a personal message to aquaorama      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
spy-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-27 6:22 pm   Permalink

called today...still not there.

View Profile of spy-tiki Send a personal message to spy-tiki  Email spy-tiki Goto the website of spy-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-30 2:36 pm   Permalink

Went to D-Land this morning - no Pele mugs, no Tiki Room mugs, no news, nothin'...

However, they did have a Tiki Room display model out that I took a look at. Many of the gods were broken off at the ankles and missing. Of course - no offense to any of the artists or designers intended, but I honsestly can't see what everyone's getting so worked up over. IMHO it looks pretty chintzy and certainly not worth the price...
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bamboo Bob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-30 4:20 pm   Permalink

No new mugs today - however, It was "Goth day at Disneyland"...no, REALLY! Made for some excellent people watching.

View Profile of Bamboo Bob Send a personal message to Bamboo Bob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZebraTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-30 5:36 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-08-30 16:20, Bamboo Bob wrote:
No new mugs today - however, It was "Goth day at Disneyland"...no, REALLY! Made for some excellent people watching.

Oh, the indignity! Goth approved by Disneyland.

Can't you just imagine the crowd of them at the Haunted Mansion trying to brush the New Orleans fritter sugar off their black clothes while still remaining sullen?

View Profile of ZebraTiki Send a personal message to ZebraTiki  Email ZebraTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-31 12:26 am   Permalink

the mugs were delivered last week... takes about a week as I understand it to get them into the park.
Mahaloz!
Holdne

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai Matty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-31 7:05 pm   Permalink

would like to get in on a mug if anybody gets a extra one thanks

View Profile of Mai Tai Matty Send a personal message to Mai Tai Matty      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-01 09:41 am   Permalink

Welcome to TC Mai Tai Matty

View Profile of MachTiki Send a personal message to MachTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTina

Posted: 2004-09-01 9:15 pm   Permalink

Yeah, I went into the Bazaar today after work. And yeah, 'work' is right across the esplanade in DCA. I'm a cast member on Paradise Pier. I didn't find any Peles in there and the only cast member there helping people out had no idea of when it was coming in. When I first asked him about it, he paused as if he had a no idea what I was talking about, then said "No... we don't have any of those." I thought maybe checking in on the 1st of September was cutting it a little close as 'late August' but oh well. I'll check back later sometime to see if they're in.

View Profile of TikiTina Send a personal message to TikiTina  Email TikiTina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation