FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Disneyland Pele tiki mug - can somone pick one up for me?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
Disneyland Pele tiki mug - can somone pick one up for me?
The Ragin' Rarotongan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-02 09:01 am   Permalink

Please keep me posted anyone who comes accross a Pele mug. I will pay the person who gets me one x-tra for the trouble. I am in Florida, and was told that Disneyworld Orlando will not be selling them at all.

View Profile of The Ragin' Rarotongan Send a personal message to The Ragin' Rarotongan  Email The Ragin' Rarotongan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai Matty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-02 6:47 pm   Permalink

if anyone gets one extra before the hukilau and can bring it with them i would gladly pay alittle more than what they did for the trouble pleeeeaase

View Profile of Mai Tai Matty Send a personal message to Mai Tai Matty      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SON OF MOTHRA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-03 1:00 pm   Permalink

Another call in this morning and still nothing. You would think that they would stock their inventory quickly for the Labor Day weekend, but I guess not. There's a shipment there. It's just a matter of distributing it I guess.

View Profile of SON OF MOTHRA Send a personal message to SON OF MOTHRA  Email SON OF MOTHRA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thedivas
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-09-04 11:24 am   Permalink

had planned to trip down to Dland today, but called and got the same "we sold out of them over a week ago" story. i wonder if this is the shipment Holden is telling us is there. maybe they got it in, stocked it and sold it out immediately! can Holden tell us how many shipments have been made? if only one, it seems it's history.

View Profile of thedivas Send a personal message to thedivas      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquaorama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-04 11:53 am   Permalink

They may be confused and think that you are talking aobut the "Totem" style mug. When I talked to "Mouseshoppe.com" this week they told me that those mugs ( Totem ) had sold out about a week ago and they were expecting more in 7 to 10 days. I feel lucky that I got my purple Totem for only 18.00. They seem to go for near $25 on Ebay.

View Profile of aquaorama Send a personal message to aquaorama      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thedivas

Posted: 2004-09-04 12:27 pm   Permalink

i suppose that could be, but the guy i talked to this am specifically said "are you talking about the Pele mug?"

i had another really evil theory . . . what if the 1st shipment "sold out" to the park employees (who seem to catch on to the hot trends pretty quickly)? but the lack of evidence of ebay sales pretty much shoots that one down. . .

View Profile of thedivas Send a personal message to thedivas      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquaorama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-04 12:46 pm   Permalink

Hmmmm....and so the plot thickens...

View Profile of aquaorama Send a personal message to aquaorama      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa Ed
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-09-04 1:58 pm   Permalink

I called the other day, and the CM who answered was pretty specific in what she told me, and also a little snippy as well.
I asked about the Pele mug , and she said that they haven't received a shipment even though Tiki Farm is saying they had.
She then went on to tell me they werent selling them over the phone because of the whole breakage thing.
I call every day regardless. One of these times I am bound to get someone who will sell and ship it to me
Looks like us East Coasters might be out of luck.

[ This Message was edited by: Tangaroa Ed on 2004-09-04 13:59 ]

View Profile of Tangaroa Ed Send a personal message to Tangaroa Ed  Email Tangaroa Ed     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai Matty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-04 8:07 pm   Permalink

damn that mouse and all his friends !!!!!

View Profile of Mai Tai Matty Send a personal message to Mai Tai Matty      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LAWebChick
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-09-04 9:15 pm   Permalink

No sign of them on Thursday evening.
Darn it.

View Profile of LAWebChick Send a personal message to LAWebChick  Email LAWebChick     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thedivas

Posted: 2004-09-05 11:55 am   Permalink

i ended up going down there yesterday. i had promised the child, and you know how that goes. anyway, they're definitely not there. the totems are definitely sold out, by the way. but the Pele mugs are a mystery. "cast members" at the Bazaar had either not heard of them, or politely checked and said there was no news. (very polite, uninformed people there) am i the only one who finds this "breakage" rumor (i'm giving Tiki Farm the benefit of the doubt) disquieting?

SON OF MOTHRA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-05 6:20 pm   Permalink

i just called and THE PELE MUGS ARE IN and are selling quickly according to park!!!!

Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to make it to Disneyland tomorrow. I need 2 mugs if anyone is going tomorrow or anytime in the next couple of days. I'd be more than willing to throw some extra money out at any TC'r that can pick me up two. I can paypal, send cash, check, whatever. If anyone is willing to help me out either PM me or send me an email. Thanks!

View Profile of SON OF MOTHRA Send a personal message to SON OF MOTHRA  Email SON OF MOTHRA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquaorama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-05 6:43 pm   Permalink

I'll also be glad to fork over extra for one if someone is going. Just me know how much and where to send it!

aquaorama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-05 7:44 pm   Permalink

I see the first posting on EBAY of new Enchanted Tiki Room items has begun. I would expect to see the PELE mug anytime now. I saw this one for one of the "minis" ( Not my auction )

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29460&item=3929137326&rd=1

aquaorama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-05 8:11 pm   Permalink

OK, i got the first one on EBAY, ( Yeah, I shouldn't have paid that much, but darn if it isn't way cool! It looks friggen huge! The buy it now was $34.99. I'm sure the seller will be listing more.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation