FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Disneyland Pele tiki mug - can somone pick one up for me?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
Disneyland Pele tiki mug - can somone pick one up for me?
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-05 10:41 pm   Permalink

We shipped 'em the week before last. They take some time to get out there. There's about 144 each of the Pele Mugs, 96 ea of the Chanting mugs in each color and about 192 of the Teeny Mugs (Rongo's Lil' New Life mugs) in all in the 4 different colors.
Mahaloz,
Holden

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
amitiki?

Posted: 2004-09-06 12:28 am   Permalink

New here. The Pele mug rocks - gotta get one! Holy cow it's strange... and good!
Am I?

View Profile of amitiki? Send a personal message to amitiki?      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SON OF MOTHRA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-06 01:23 am   Permalink

Hey Holden,

is this pretty much going to be the last shipment, or are you going to be making another batch, or does it just really depend on what Disneyland wants to order?

View Profile of SON OF MOTHRA Send a personal message to SON OF MOTHRA  Email SON OF MOTHRA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa Ed
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-09-06 05:19 am   Permalink

I got one on eBay as well.
Sometimes I don't mind paying the extra to get one, what with the Disney skepticism of over the phone ordering and all...and especially after the post of how limited these were.
I think there is still another one listed.....

[ This Message was edited by: Tangaroa Ed on 2004-09-06 05:20 ]

View Profile of Tangaroa Ed Send a personal message to Tangaroa Ed  Email Tangaroa Ed     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai Matty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-06 09:44 am   Permalink

can any of you westcoast tcs help out any of us eastcoast tcs with the pele mug . even if it's just posting an ebay ad for it . But if you really want to be a pal bring an extra one to the hukilau and I 'll gladly pay alittle extra and buy you a mai tai or 2 at the Mai Kai. they say a bribe goes along way!!!

View Profile of Mai Tai Matty Send a personal message to Mai Tai Matty      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BettyBleu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-06 1:08 pm   Permalink

Heads up! Its Labor Day and the mugs are in and available at Disneyland - both the Pele mugs and the little tiki shot sets.

Another bit of info - Disneyana was featuring a framed/unframed Shag print from the 40th anniversary of the Tiki Room - the big one not the little prints that have been on ebay lately. They are $350 unframed and $600 framed. They had 30 left as of Thursday last week. Can't vouch for today's availability on that but I thought I'd throw out a Fyi to those who might be interested.

View Profile of BettyBleu Send a personal message to BettyBleu  Email BettyBleu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thedivas
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-09-06 2:34 pm   Permalink

just got back from the mouse house and the mugs were selling briskly - evaporating is more like it!! i snatched up extra sets to share with TCs. i did not get chanting mugs, but i did get two extra Pele's and two extra sets of tiny tikis (4 colors to a set). i think they look more like menehunes than tikis, but what do i know? the pele mugs are $24.24 with tax and the tinys are $8.62 with tax, $34.48 for a set. i'm leaving for the day soon, but if anyone wants to PM me, i'll get back to them in the next day or two. MaiTai Matty, i wish i was going to Hukilau, but no such luck. i'll reserve a Pele for you if no one else gets back to you and if you are interested.

View Profile of thedivas Send a personal message to thedivas      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TNTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-06 4:54 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 17:19 ]

View Profile of TNTiki Send a personal message to TNTiki  Email TNTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-06 10:58 pm   Permalink

It's hard to say. There's a lot more to gettin a mug/gettin mugs in there than with our regular retail stores. I'll do my best to keep ya posted but the info might change.
Mahaloz,
Holden

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Krustiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-07 10:03 pm   Permalink

I called Disney this afternoon (9/07/2004)and was told they are sold out of the Pele mugs.
Boo Hoo.
I hope we get another heads up about the next shipment.

View Profile of Krustiki Send a personal message to Krustiki  Email Krustiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SON OF MOTHRA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-07 10:52 pm   Permalink

I finally gave up and was lucky enough to get one off ebay and paid way way way too much. At least I've got one though. I saw the teeny tikis on there for a couple days and now they're completely gone too. I did see an auction for one set of the four different colors with a buy it now price of 75 bucks. Ouch! A little too rich for my blood. I'd rather have something vintage or a munktiki or something. Give it some time. I'm sure they'll be flooding ebay soon.

View Profile of SON OF MOTHRA Send a personal message to SON OF MOTHRA  Email SON OF MOTHRA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-08 06:23 am   Permalink

Mouseshoppe has the Teeny Tikis - all 4 colors at $10 each + reasonable shipping. No Peles, yet.

[ This Message was edited by: croe67 on 2004-09-08 06:24 ]

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquaorama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-08 06:46 am   Permalink

Thanks for ther "Mouseshoppe" heads up Croe67!

View Profile of aquaorama Send a personal message to aquaorama      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai Matty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-08 7:02 pm   Permalink

mouseshoppe also had the totem pole mugs for 18 bucks as of lastnite with the 4 color choice

View Profile of Mai Tai Matty Send a personal message to Mai Tai Matty      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-09 12:52 am   Permalink

Went to disneyland today. It should be called "construction land" with everything that is closed or covered.

I bought the new small mug. They had all colors available and all colors of the totem ones too. I bought a light green one to match my totem mug (I ain't buying all the colors...not this kid)

No pele mug. (scuba steve damn you!!)

View Profile of ErichTroudt Send a personal message to ErichTroudt  Email ErichTroudt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation