FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Disneyland Pele tiki mug - can somone pick one up for me?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
Disneyland Pele tiki mug - can somone pick one up for me?
Tiki Matt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-09 4:17 pm   Permalink

The Pele Mugs are in! Or at least they were this morning.

View Profile of Tiki Matt Send a personal message to Tiki Matt  Goto the website of Tiki Matt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-09 5:17 pm   Permalink

Shit!
Just got off the phone with Disney, and the woman told me, that her manager told her, that there will no longer be any more shipping of tiki mugs, due to the large amount of breakage. They do have the Pele mugs in stock as Tiki Matt said.
Hey Mickey! Have you ever heard of bubble wrap?

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquaorama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-09 5:31 pm   Permalink

There is another PELE just up on EBAY.
(Not my auction )
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=13843&item=2268397090&rd=1

The one I got this weekend on EBAY ran me about $48 with tax and shipping. Still cheaper than driving to Disneyland!

View Profile of aquaorama Send a personal message to aquaorama      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SON OF MOTHRA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-09 7:03 pm   Permalink

Yup, that's about what I paid for mine on ebay. Those bastards at Disneyland told me they were completely sold out and not getting anymore. I've come to find that the information they supply is completely unreliable. Well, good luck to everyone still trying to get one. I hope you do. It's a real drag that DisneyEARS is no longer selling them.

[ This Message was edited by: SON OF MOTHRA on 2004-09-09 19:04 ]

View Profile of SON OF MOTHRA Send a personal message to SON OF MOTHRA  Email SON OF MOTHRA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-10 09:37 am   Permalink

I spoke with MouseShoppe and they said that the Cast Members told them that yesterday's shipment was the last.

On the up-side,
MouseShoppe does still have the Totem & Teeny mugs in all colors.

[ This Message was edited by: MachTiki on 2004-09-10 13:19 ]

View Profile of MachTiki Send a personal message to MachTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquaorama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-10 09:51 am   Permalink

Do you think the castmembers at Disney will be happy to no longer have the mugs? They must dread getting calls from us. Oh well, I'm sure they deal with other crazy collecters all day!

View Profile of aquaorama Send a personal message to aquaorama      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-10 10:08 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-09-10 09:51, aquaorama wrote:
Do you think the castmembers at Disney will be happy to no longer have the mugs? They must dread getting calls from us. Oh well, I'm sure they deal with other crazy collecters all day!

The young lady I spoke with at MouseShoppe was really cool with me even thought I was about the hundredth person to call her about this. I kinda got the impression that they aren't going to be carrying these.

Looks like eBay it is.

[ This Message was edited by: MachTiki on 2004-09-10 12:55 ]

View Profile of MachTiki Send a personal message to MachTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-10 10:50 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-09-09 19:03, SON OF MOTHRA wrote:
Those bastards at Disneyland told me they were completely sold out and not getting anymore.

Holden? SCD? can we get some verification on this? It seems that any time an item sells out, the castmembers (as if on autopilot) say that they're never getting any back in. One would assume that the Pele' is a non-limited, re-orderable, stock item. What's the scoop? Are you just at the mercy of DL placing a re-order? Or were you contracted to sell only "x" amount?

Inquiring minds wanna know.

-Z

Thank God The Tiki Bar Is Open
Thank God The Tiki Torch Still Shines...

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
spy-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-10 11:00 am   Permalink

And as long as we're bothering Holden...Are there any other mugs in the works for release at d-land?

View Profile of spy-tiki Send a personal message to spy-tiki  Email spy-tiki Goto the website of spy-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TNTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-10 11:57 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 17:19 ]

View Profile of TNTiki Send a personal message to TNTiki  Email TNTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
net-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-10 12:18 pm   Permalink

I was able to get mine last night after work. They had a few left on the table. I think that they had more in the back too.

View Profile of net-tiki Send a personal message to net-tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-10 1:12 pm   Permalink

Yup, Mouseshoppe just called me. They got 'em. My guess is that they'll be sold out before they even put 'em on the website.

-Z

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-10 2:06 pm   Permalink

I was lucky enough to get one, but it was one of the last, She told me also that she spoke with DL and they're all out as well.

MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-10 3:21 pm   Permalink

Good news folks.
Adrienne from MouseShoppe just e-mailed me to let me know that she's willing to take names for a "Wish List" so when she gets more in you'll be the first to know. You can either call her at: (714) 776-8683 or e-mail her at:
orders@mouseshoppe.com

TNTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-10 3:33 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 17:20 ]

View Profile of TNTiki Send a personal message to TNTiki  Email TNTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation