FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Art by finkdaddy (#8 restarted, this one's a biter)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
Art by finkdaddy (#8 restarted, this one's a biter)
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-04-28 7:58 pm   Permalink

OOOH MAN! can this guy carve!!!!

fink, I am SOOOOO happy with this carving - he looks great...and soo smooth...mmmm...thanks a million.

YOur next one is looking great too. Expect great carvings from this guy!!!

Here's a pic of #2 hangin' wit a few rough and tumble homies at the local dive:

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomicchick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-28 8:08 pm   Permalink

Holy Smokes, those are da bomb!

View Profile of Atomicchick Send a personal message to Atomicchick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-29 06:12 am   Permalink

Thank you one and all for the kind words. It really means a lot to me, you have no idea.

Polynesiac, I feel so honored to see my guy hanging next to a Benzart and all those other great pieces! I'm glad you like him. Make sure you feed him some red meat once in a while and make his drinks stiff. Thank you, you've made my day!

Congatiki, Assuming you will be at Exotica, maybe we could do a trade at that time?

[ This Message was edited by: finkdaddy on 2005-04-29 06:18 ]

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-29 11:39 am   Permalink

Poly- Friday, Saturday, Sunday hanging around and Monday sitting down below look to be enjoying one another.

Fink- where did this talent come about. This is great, now I don't have to wait as long on the other "charm" carvers to show their pics.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-29 4:59 pm   Permalink

Finkdaddy...Looks like I am gonna miss the
Exotica get together because of a prior
commitment...spinning tunes at a wedding...
but I have started planning the exclusive
Finkdaddy Monkey Pic that I think you will
like...working on it as we speak. It
will get into your hands before too long!

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-29 5:32 pm   Permalink

DAMN, Finkdaddy! Put me on the list before everybody else jumps on in front of me. I have a feeling you'll have a long list going very soon. What number am I?

A-A

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-01 12:31 pm   Permalink

Here is my latest. Just the clear coat to go. Thanks everyone for looking and being so supportive.

CongaTiki, I'm so sad to hear you can't make Exotica. I LOVE the monkey picture, I can't wait to hang it on my tiki bar wall! We'll get together soon to make the exchange.

Aaron's Akua, You're on the list! If everyone that has asked for one takes them in order, then I only have 3 to carve before yours. So you're scheduled to receive #7.

Big mahalo to everybody.

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-01 12:58 pm   Permalink

Finky, I'm really So Impressed. You have come so far in such a short time. Your pieces are really Good. I think you are a natural. Just wait til you get some good tools. Man oh man...

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-01 1:37 pm   Permalink

Great work on the last one Finkdaddy....
you have definitely figgered out the
art of small detail...we will get together
soon

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-03 12:43 am   Permalink

I found Finkdaddy's inspiration for the tiki I got. Have a look at page 205 in the Book of Tiki, and compare it to the carving (page 5 of this thread).

Personally, I reckon Finkdaddy's is way cooler and has definitely improved upon the original. Then you consider that his fits into the palm of your hand, and has a heap more detail, compared to 5-6 foot carving. Yep, definitely way cooler.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-04 09:19 am   Permalink

One more peek before I ship him off to sunny California. I keep sending my guys off to places alot warmer than here. Maybe some day I will follow them.

Hewey, I know you wont believe me, but I didn't use that picture. I don't remember where I saw it exactly, but I found a carving by another TCer I liked, so I used that for inspiration. I can only assume that they used the BOT picture for their tiki!

hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-04 9:25 pm   Permalink

I beleive ya, but only just .

You should have seen how excited I was when I found that picture. I need to get out more...

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-10 10:04 pm   Permalink

Here is my finkdady carving after playing around in photo editor. Check the detail!

finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-11 06:05 am   Permalink

Hewey, that looks completely cool! It looks like a Flounder painting, or some weird, scary, black velvet painting.

Thanatos
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-11 06:29 am   Permalink

WOW! That is great. What detail it shows...

View Profile of Thanatos Send a personal message to Thanatos  Email Thanatos     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation