FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Art by finkdaddy (#8 restarted, this one's a biter)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
Art by finkdaddy (#8 restarted, this one's a biter)
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-11 06:30 am   Permalink

Very fine work on that last one, finkdaddy - the grain in it kind of looks like polished tigereye.

www.samgambino.com

[ This Message was edited by: Sam Gambino on 2005-05-11 06:32 ]

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-11 06:58 am   Permalink

Thank you Sam. I'm not sure why my wood does that, but it does have that tiger eye quality. Kind of changes in the light. Mahalo.

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-11 07:35 am   Permalink

Tight lines. I like! Keep up the exquisite <sp?> work !!!

Mahalos

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-12 06:50 am   Permalink

Finally found a bit of time to carve this morning and I thought I'd show a progress pic of #4. This one is a bit larger than the last three. It's a piece of mohagany that Benzart was kind enough to send me. I love the way this wood carves. It's soft, but it still feels heavy in your hands. The grain makes it hard to see what I'm doing sometimes though.

Thank you Ben!

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-12 10:06 am   Permalink

I can already tell that this is going to be your best one yet.

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-12 11:01 am   Permalink

Oh no , Finkdaddy is starting to work on larger stuff. Next time he will be posting a 8 footer.

All kidding aside it already is looking great.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-12 12:00 pm   Permalink

When I say larger, I just mean this one is about 5" instead of 3 1/2". I doubt I'll be doing 8 footers any time soon!
Thanks for the comments though, I'll show another progress pic tommorow.

Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-12 12:07 pm   Permalink

I love it finkdaddy!
Looks so great so far, and I love that wood! It reminds me of palm, I guess because of the vertical lines.

Aloha, eh
-Tikiwahine

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-12 2:21 pm   Permalink

Looks like you are really tearing into this one Fink. He's looking great so far. I had an idea you would love the mahogany.HappyHappyHappy.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thanatos
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-12 7:14 pm   Permalink

Looking good. Wow such detail...

View Profile of Thanatos Send a personal message to Thanatos  Email Thanatos     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-13 06:30 am   Permalink

I love it! Just call it blind tiki

Cant wait to see it finished!

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomicchick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-13 10:10 am   Permalink

I was lucky enough to get one of these awesome pendants, FinkDaddy rocks!

View Profile of Atomicchick Send a personal message to Atomicchick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-18 08:51 am   Permalink

Just posting a progress pic. I have almost no time to carve lately, but soon I'm changing from 2nd shift back to 1st which will free my schedule up quite a bit.

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-18 09:00 am   Permalink

Lookin good. Nice progress pic's Finkdad. Love the mouth and eyes. Nose I can't see much yet and the headdress has me in suspense.
You gotta find more time to carve, you are really stretching us out here so hurry up already. haHaHo

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-18 09:12 am   Permalink

you are making killer stuff. Look at the wood chips still laying there. Very animated face that has a traditional feel yet a step in the right direction from there. I love the fact that he has all that head weight on top of his open mouth. And the eyes are so crisp. They look like the flipped out like a transformers.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation