FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Art by finkdaddy (#8 restarted, this one's a biter)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
Art by finkdaddy (#8 restarted, this one's a biter)
Palama Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-18 09:12 am   Permalink

Fink: incredible work.. you just keep getting better!

View Profile of Palama Tiki Send a personal message to Palama Tiki  Email Palama Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-18 6:46 pm   Permalink

I agree - you gotta get more time to carve! This looks like another masterpiece! Hows your bar coming along?

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-18 7:22 pm   Permalink

finkdaddy that one is really looking good...
this is kind of a stupid comment but lately
the work from everyone is really nice stuff...
posting at least one carving or painting
should be required on TC...cuz it's such a
rush to see things progress...at any level.

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-05-18 8:43 pm   Permalink

lookin real good, fink!

those eyes are mesmerizing!!! too cool, too cool!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-19 05:46 am   Permalink

Thanks again everybody. Time is very precious right now for sure. And last night the fridge went out, so I gotta deal with that today. I have a whole freezer full of meat I have to use now. Anyone hungry?

Seriously though, thank you very much.

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-19 08:12 am   Permalink

Clean lines & perfect symmetry. Yes, you're working your way larger I see. Are you designing it as you go? There's no pencil lines laid down, so of course we're all in suspense. I have a feeling this will be your best yet!

Aaron

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-19 08:43 am   Permalink

Thanks Aaron. Yeah, I'm making him up as I go. I usually try and do it that way, makes it more fun I think and less like work. He wont be all that big, a little under 5" when I'm done. I'm in suspense too. I spend way more time staring at it than I do carving it. I think it's because I'm way to critical of myself and I don't want to screw it up. I'm not real happy with the nose on this one, so I might shave it down and go deeper with it. Mahalo.

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-24 06:14 am   Permalink

Just showing a couple of progress pics. I was working on this at work last night. Don't tell my boss. I want to do something cool with the rest of the head dress, but I'm making it up as I go, so we'll see what happens. Mahalo!

Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-24 06:25 am   Permalink

That is so cool, finkdaddy. That turtle is a great idea. I'd say that it looks great as is!

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-24 06:36 am   Permalink

great design daddy....like the turtle too!
we won't tell your boss....as long as you
keep carving and posting!

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-24 07:18 am   Permalink

finkdaddy, your passion shows in your work. Nice job. Keep it up braddah!

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-24 09:13 am   Permalink

I agree with everyone else. The turtle looks great.
Such clean crisp lines. I would love to try carving with some knives but I like my fingers too much.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-24 1:10 pm   Permalink

I'm gonna tell your boss you have been wasting his time carving those tiki things! Not! Fink, this one is really turning out great. The turtle was a great idea. looks like you are outdoing yourself with every new carving. Keep it up man.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-24 6:10 pm   Permalink

AHHHH! Tiki Envy! Everytime you release a new pic of a tiki, they look better and better!

Love that turtle action! Don't think that needs any more, sometimes less is more!

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-24 6:35 pm   Permalink

I'm also a fan of the turtle. It fits perfectly natural with the design.

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation