FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Art by finkdaddy (#8 restarted, this one's a biter)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
Art by finkdaddy (#8 restarted, this one's a biter)
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-04 08:01 am   Permalink

ooooh, nice. Another masterpiece in the making

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-04 08:40 am   Permalink

Interesting style. Almost completing the mouth first, before moving to the rest. should be great!

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-05 10:29 am   Permalink

Wow, thanks everybody! I'm finding the cherry very nice to work with. I do like to start with the mouth first and then work upwards. I've been reading that I probably shouldn't do that (see Swanky's new carving thread, there's a lot of great carving tips there!), but it just sort of seemed natural to me.

Thanks again for all the support. I'll post more when I'm further along.

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-05 3:33 pm   Permalink

It's OK Finky, as long as you get away with it, but one day it will catch up to you and you will find yourself having to move that beautiful mouth over or down or up or somewhere to make it fit right. I have done things like that in the past and have been bitten hard as a result. Don't let it bother you, just keep working on the piece at hand. Where are the update pic's. Not posting those is worse than Anything else?? HA

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-07 07:28 am   Permalink

My guys are always slow in the making. After this week they should come along a lot quicker.

I'm crossing my fingers that this one comes out ok. I'm going to bring the headdress all the way down the back of the head this time. And I'm going to try and go real deep with the eyes. We'll see.

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-07 08:52 am   Permalink

that is one mean tiki. I like what you did to the jaw. Very life like.

there are two types of carving. Carve a face onto the wood, or make the wood a face, which you have done.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-07 08:53 am   Permalink

YOWZA! Hot diggity-dawg that's coming out NICE! Looking good Fink!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-07 09:11 am   Permalink

Looking fine, finkdaddy. The scowl is perfect.

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-07 09:51 am   Permalink

Thanks guys, it means a lot to get feedback from great artists like yourselves.

This one is already full of life and has devoloped a taste for blood! Bit me pretty good. I guess I have to get used to the harder wood. It's not as forgiving as I'm used to.

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-07 09:56 am   Permalink

Yep Yep Yep, looking just plain Mean. I love the way he is unfolding. You are keeping us in suspense here already. cna't wait can't wait hurry hurry hurry!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-07 11:29 pm   Permalink

Mean looking bugger. Cool stuff man

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-07 11:32 pm   Permalink

Wow, i cant believe the clean lines you guys get on these small carvings. Very cool . Cant wait to see more.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-08 12:58 pm   Permalink

Decided to mess with the computer again this morning. It's a huge learning process and it could be years before I can do anything like the pros can. But it's a lot of fun.

I call it "Dreamy Monday"

Mahalo

Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-08 2:50 pm   Permalink

Cool, finkdaddy. Looks like my kind of Monday.

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-08 2:59 pm   Permalink

Yeah, me thoughts exactly sam. I can almose see myself there now..is it still monday? Nice one Finky

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation