FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Art by finkdaddy (#8 restarted, this one's a biter)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
Art by finkdaddy (#8 restarted, this one's a biter)
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-28 8:21 pm   Permalink

Damn, but that's one fine headdress. I like the rest of it as well.

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-28 11:21 pm   Permalink

Great going, finkdaddy. Beautiful girl and tiki too. Coming along fine!

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-29 05:23 am   Permalink

blurry pics or no, he still shows through good

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-29 06:02 am   Permalink

Wow FinkyD, Love the digipainting, very mysterious. Love the pendant. You have come a Long Long way in a short time. His detail is nice and crisp. great lines and form. Excellent. Don't let the Cherry wood get you down. It will hold super detail but you really have to work for it and it also holds surprising pitfalls as I'm sure you have found. Looks like you solved them all. Nice work.
Whats next??

[ This Message was edited by: Benzart on 2005-06-29 06:08 ]

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-29 06:04 am   Permalink

Finky delivers again...always fun to see
your progress with these little guys.
Keep em coming.

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-29 11:31 pm   Permalink

great work fink...What happend to our trade???

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-06 5:25 pm   Permalink

Here is what I did at work last night (again, please don't tell my boss! ). The curves look a little rough yet, but that's why God created sandpaper. I don't know if it counts as a tiki-bite or not, but when I was cutting out part of his mouth my knife broke and the piece that came off lodged itself into my middle finger's knuckle. I'm hoping to finish this guy by Saturday so I can wear him to Exotica before he ships off to his new home.

Mahalo!

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-06 5:50 pm   Permalink

great work on your teeth finkdaddy...
mayhaps you should be a dentist!

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-06 6:21 pm   Permalink

That Cherry Wood one is awesome! Great Carving

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-06 6:34 pm   Permalink

Thanks guys! I don't know why, I just like to start with the teeth. Perhaps I should go to dental school! I'm a little scared of cherry wood now, I think I use a bit too much muscle for it. It seemed very brittle. This one is mahogany again. I was going to do a zebra wood one, but since I want to get this one out quickly I wanted to go with a wood I had some experience with.

Thanks for looking!

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-06 6:39 pm   Permalink

Nice start Finkdaddy . I dont know why but I always end up starting with the mouth too. It almost determines the rest of the carving.

Cant wait to see more..

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-06 7:08 pm   Permalink

Lookin Good Finker, yo dolt. That wasn't a bite when you ended up impaled on your knife point, That WAS A STAB11 Be Careful, when they stab you it means they Hate you so you better be careful and carve him right or he'll stab you again, for Real this time. That was just a warning shot.
I like the way this guy is turning out.
(psst, ,,dont trust him)

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-06 9:38 pm   Permalink

Finky, you've got teeth DOWN! Now we'll just patiently watch the rest emerge. Quit stabbin' yourself, will ya?

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-06 10:55 pm   Permalink

Great teeth, finkdaddy....You know, 4 out of 5 dentists surveyed recommended.... oh, forget it. Great work, and I can't wait to see him finished!

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-07 12:54 am   Permalink

That mouth is so happy, and he is so evil! This tiki has gotta have a cheeky personality. Cool work Fink

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation