FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Art by finkdaddy (#8 restarted, this one's a biter)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
Art by finkdaddy (#8 restarted, this one's a biter)
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-21 03:49 am   Permalink

Damn that stuff is good. Look back at your carvings and that latest one and look at how you have progressed! Damn dude, where you gonna be at in 4 carvings time? 20 carvings time?

That last piece is absolutely beautiful! The quality of the carving and the design itself are both top notch.

I expect there is already a waiting list for those babies - and so there should be! I agree with everyone else - sell them.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
foamy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-21 04:55 am   Permalink

Hey Finkdaddy, wow, nice stuff! You're mov'in along by leaps and bounds! I shouldn't stay away for so long. I'm missing all kinds of great stuff. Carry on.

View Profile of foamy Send a personal message to foamy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-21 06:50 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-03-20 21:14, Aaron's Akua wrote:
Finkdaddy, your design skills are great! I really like the small stuff. How's your computer art going?

Thanks again everyone. I like doing the small stuff. I tried doing some bigger ones, but I think I'm too impatient or something. When the weather warms up here (don't say a word Benzart! ) I'm going to try again outside.

As far as the computer stuff goes, I got some new software recently that will make my other ones look like a kids coloring book. I just bought a nice new fully loaded computer too, but some of you know about all of the problems I've had with it, so it will be a little bit for those. Plus I'm busy trying to start a new business, so there's very little in the way of free time.

Thanks everyone for showing interest in my work. It means a lot.

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-21 5:58 pm   Permalink

WOW fink - the mouth and teeth are excellent!

can't wait to see the completed tiki

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-22 12:00 pm   Permalink

I still have to do a clear coat, but basically it's finished. Our friend Hewey has laid claim to this one, but there are many more to come. I'm gonna buy some dremel tools for the next one!

My computer should arrive today, so I'm going to give another picture a try I think.

Thanks all, especially Hewey!

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-22 12:03 pm   Permalink

That looks great. The detail is incredible.
Sell them for sure. I think everyone should get one before your to famous. Wheres the list and how many are on it?

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-22 12:04 pm   Permalink

That just blows me away. Beautiful finish... you'd never know it's so small from the pix alone.

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-22 12:22 pm   Permalink

Thanks guys. I suppose I should have mentioned again that it's about 2 1/2 inches tall. There really isn't any list, so if you want to just PM me the next one would go out to whoever contacts me first. I'm very flattered that people have been asking me for them. It feels really wierd.

Mahalo!

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-22 12:40 pm   Permalink

FinkDaddy, this is really an Excellent tiki pendant. I Love the big, bold detail that all says TIKI. It looks much larger than it really is. Well done. One good thing about these small ones is you can do more of them quicker, so More More More.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-22 7:48 pm   Permalink

This is the first time I have seen the finished pendant - way cool! It will look even cooler in my hands!:)

Cant wait till it makes it way over here.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-22 8:14 pm   Permalink

Is that a 2-tone finish on the teeth. Either way it looks sweet.

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-01 11:10 am   Permalink

Here is the first attempt at art with my new computer. Forgive the primative canoe, the next ones will be a lot more detailed.

Hewey, I forgot to tell you your pendant is on its way.

surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-01 4:44 pm   Permalink

Cool.
What application are ya using?

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-01 4:44 pm   Permalink

Hey Finkdaddy, thats got all the promise of a beautiful picture. Makes you want to go out to the hammock with youm MaiTai and finish off a beautiful day. I think we can expect great things from this new computer..
I just figured out what the little tiki with all the teth reminded me of. Looks like he's FREEZIN to Death. get that guy into the sun so he can warm up and stop shivvrin

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-02 05:37 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-04-01 16:44, surfintiki wrote:
Cool.
What application are ya using?

This one is Bryce 5. I also have Poser 5 (with 6 on its way) and 3D Max, I should be able to do some cool stuff. But boy, its a LOT to learn all at once!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation