FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Art by finkdaddy (#8 restarted, this one's a biter)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
Art by finkdaddy (#8 restarted, this one's a biter)
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-21 06:34 am   Permalink

Just thought I'd show a finished pic before I wrap him up. He's going to Polynesiac's house to play with the other tikis.

The other one is one I started a couple of nights ago. Hopefully it's going to be traded for a mug with another TCer. There's a long way to go on that guy. I'll show more as that one progresses.

Mahalo!

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-21 08:05 am   Permalink

Man oh Man FinkDaddy!! I really can't believe the sharp, crisp detail you are getting. You maybe should become a Dentist with the chompers you are giving your tikis some people would be proud to have in their mouths.
We gotta get you some good wood.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-21 08:46 am   Permalink

Finkdaddy,
How do I get on the list? I've got some cherry wood I can send over...

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-21 09:15 am   Permalink

Benzart, thanks. I like to start with the mouth first because I think it holds the most personality. I would kick myself for a week if I carved a whole tiki and then screwed up the mouth!

PolynesianPop, just PM me and we'll work it out. If you want to get one you'll be recieving #4. I would love to try some new wood. Can you carve cherry with knives? I don't actually have any power tools, which is what has kept me from trying some of the nicer wood.

Thanks everyone.

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-21 10:51 am   Permalink

Looks great. Can't wait to see the finished piece.

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-21 12:43 pm   Permalink

Cherry is pretty tough to carve with knives but you can do it, just takes longer. It can take SO Much more detail, you won't believe it. You should try some mahogany too. Much softer and beautiful. Whatever you use, just keep carving.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-21 10:30 pm   Permalink

you are really rockin' with the pendants
Finkdaddy...I'm gonna have to get on your
list too....it's getting so I can't
keep track of all the tc members whose
stuff I want to add to my collection...
I will have a want list forever!

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-22 04:28 am   Permalink

Sweet work Fink!

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-25 07:32 am   Permalink

Those carvings are just gettin sweeter. Keep em comin

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Palama Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-25 10:04 am   Permalink

excellent carvings, Fink! man, with 4 kids, how do you get any time to carve?

View Profile of Palama Tiki Send a personal message to Palama Tiki  Email Palama Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-25 10:26 am   Permalink

Thanks again everybody.

Congatiki, Maybe we could trade a pendant for a cool monkey painting? Your bar looks terrific. We were thinking of going to visit my wife's dad in Antigo, so of course I'd like to see it in person!

McTiki, Thanks. I would never get anything done without all the encouragement I get from you guys!

Hewey, How does #1 like the weather? I hope you're showing him the sights and introducing him to the lady tikis.

Palama Tiki, It's really hard to find the time. I just get 5 minutes here and there a couple of times a week. Sometimes when the kids are sleeping or away, or sometimes durring a lunch break at work I'll get a bit of quiet time. Between the wife, kids, job, the house, and my basement construction project, I get very little time for carving. I just keep going a little at a time and rely on you folks who keep encouraging me to stay with it.

Here is a progress pic of #3

Mahalo everyone!!!

congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-25 12:22 pm   Permalink

sounds like a fair trade to me...monkey
pic for one of the "hot hot hot" finkdaddy
pendants....we'll discuss it further....
also...if you get to Antigo you better
make a stop at the congatiki lounge...just
call ahead!

[ This Message was edited by: congatiki on 2005-04-25 12:23 ]

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thanatos
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-25 4:52 pm   Permalink

You have alot of skill my boy....

View Profile of Thanatos Send a personal message to Thanatos  Email Thanatos     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-26 9:35 pm   Permalink

# 1 loves the warmer weather. He keeps quite and has a good poker face, but I see through his facade.

As for the lady tikis I think I am cramping his style. The fact he is hanging around inside a volkswagen probably doesnt help

Mate those new tikis look way cool. Even though I got my own I still get tiki envy every time you show pics of a newby

[ This Message was edited by: hewey on 2005-04-26 21:37 ]

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-26 9:41 pm   Permalink

Finkdaddy, those are just incredibly good.

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation