FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events orange county mini crawl 4 ready to rock!! poll
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
orange county mini crawl 4 ready to rock!! poll
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2005-05-20 8:02 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-05-20 16:22, Riptide wrote:
I would be happy to be part of the planning of a beach burn. Hell, I'm off all summer and will be at the beach everyday anyway. That being said, does anyone out there know if any of the local Southern California beaches allow alcohol? I know HB and all of the state beach strickly forbid it and the fines are steep.

Riptide, I love your enthusiasm!

But first, a couple of points: 1) there is no such thing as a rip tide, it's a rip current, 2) I don't want you to be a 'part' of the planning, I want you to plan it; I'll help you with a few tips for $339.59, 3) you are right that HB does not allow alcohol due to some inlanders blowing it for us locals, but we have ways around the obvious, and 4) if you're at the beach everyday, look me up and will paddle out for a wave or two as I'm in the water most days at 6:30.

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes

Posted: 2005-05-20 8:24 pm   Permalink

[quote]
On 2005-05-20 20:02, Tiki_Bong wrote:
Quote:
But first, a couple of points: 1) there is no such thing as a rip tide,

ohyeah, then who are these guys? Riptide ~

i'm a television idiot savant... joe penny was dreamy!

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Matt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-20 9:05 pm   Permalink

Where's Orange County?

View Profile of Tiki Matt Send a personal message to Tiki Matt  Goto the website of Tiki Matt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Riptide
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-20 9:06 pm   Permalink

Quote:

But first, a couple of points: 1) there is no such thing as a rip tide, it's a rip current, 2) I don't want you to be a 'part' of the planning, I want you to plan it; I'll help you with a few tips for $339.59, 3) you are right that HB does not allow alcohol due to some inlanders blowing it for us locals, but we have ways around the obvious, and 4) if you're at the beach everyday, look me up and will paddle out for a wave or two as I'm in the water most days at 6:30.

Tiki Bong -
Thanks for the encouragement, advice, knowledge and invite. As to your post:
1. I know there really isn't a "Riptide", except for the wonderful TV show in the early 80's (Thanks DogBytes). But Rip Current as a nickname just didn't flow off the tongue so well.
2. I originally had my post saying that I would be happy to plan it, rather than help, but then I didn't want anyone to think I was stepping on their toes, so I changed it to help. And I won't pay a dime over $339 even for your help. Gotta draw the line somewhere.
3. I'm always looking for ways around the obvious.
4. I would love to join you and paddle out. Tomorrow, I leave for NY, Philadelphia, and DC with 61 8th graders (Hopefully we will return with at least half.) I'll PM you when I return to take you up on your offer.

Thanks again for welcoming me into the ohana.

View Profile of Riptide Send a personal message to Riptide  Email Riptide     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-20 10:12 pm   Permalink

We just burned an entire truck load of scrap Bamboo the other nite. Bummer.

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-23 12:31 pm   Permalink

[quote]
On 2005-05-20 21:06, Riptide wrote:
Quote:

4. I would love to join you and paddle out. Tomorrow, I leave for NY, Philadelphia, and DC with 61 8th graders (Hopefully we will return with at least half.) I'll PM you when I return to take you up on your offer.

8th graders? Are you insane? If you tried to take my 8th grade class across the street you'd've lost a few, and half the rest would've come back drunk.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine

Posted: 2005-05-23 8:16 pm   Permalink

Doheny State Beach allows you to have alcohol at Sites A & B (these sites are for 100-500 people) Checkout www.dohenystatebeach.org for more information Woo Hooo!!

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-23 8:52 pm   Permalink

Woo Hooo!!!!

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-23 9:06 pm   Permalink

Woo Hoo !!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-23 9:19 pm   Permalink

A beach burn at doheny would be cool.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine

Posted: 2005-05-23 9:27 pm   Permalink

Soccer Tiki and I would be more than happy to be on the planning committee too!
-Woo Hoo

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-23 9:47 pm   Permalink

I tink it time to tart anodder post on dis sebject( Woo Hoo Wahines BEACH BURN @ DOHENY!!!). Me be Berry Berry Bizzy. Take it away and hab a berry berry fun BURN!!!

Huh Huh ya! Fire Fire!! Huh Huh .

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-23 9:57 pm   Permalink

BURN DOHENY BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-23 10:12 pm   Permalink

Doheny yeah! Woo Hooo!

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-24 12:14 am   Permalink

Damn People,
Doheny has a great campground.
Let's make it Tiki Central's FIRST Tiki Tent Crawl!
Each campsite has a signature drink like the Oasis room crawl. The only thing to plan is a campsite reservations.
Woo Hoo !!! Unga In!!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation