FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Drinks and Food » » Mai-Tai #16 - The Ultimate - Thanks BK!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Mai-Tai #16 - The Ultimate - Thanks BK!
cybertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-09 4:00 pm   Permalink

OK, now I'm on Mai-Tai #16 (since noon or so). Here's a shot of #16 with the Italian Lime squisher and the ingredients. Thanks to BK for the Goslings recommendation - AWESOME!!! (good thing I have a case of St.James and Goslings in the pantry huh?).

Thanks to the Lovely Joelle, we have a huge patch of fresh mint in the front garden, and I still have 2 pineapples left (though the supermarkets were out today). Just restocked on limes in case Ivan shows up, so I got over 100 limes ready for sacrifice. I guess I can use the Dole canned pineapple if I run out of fresh, but it just isn't the same.

Have the Blue Hawaiians "Sway" on full volume, now truly pissing off my cowboy wannabe neighbors (TAKE THAT YA BASTADS!!!!)

Got an invite to a party tomorrow to celebrate either the end of the world or Hurricane Ivan, or someone's birthday or something ... they said I should bring rum (huh - that's the problem when everyone knows you've stocked up).

Those are part of my Mai-Kai mugs up on the shelf there. Joelle says I shouldn't get more since we've got them stacked everywhere here at the house. I keep telling her I'm waiting for the right time to sell them back to Kern!

And people ask what the lure of the "Tiki Culture" is?!?!?! HA!

Cheers! Mai-Tai #16

http://www.cybertiki.com

[ This Message was edited by: cybertiki on 2004-09-09 16:00 ]

[ This Message was edited by: cybertiki on 2004-09-09 16:02 ]

View Profile of cybertiki Send a personal message to cybertiki  Email cybertiki Goto the website of cybertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-09 4:07 pm   Permalink

CHEERS!!!!

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cybertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-09 4:31 pm   Permalink

I hate trying to post a pic when I've been drinking. Hanford needs to do something to simplify the image link just finished nubmer 16 and am eyeing number 17. my lips are just a BIT numb, so I think I'm OK so far. The question is, if I squeeze out a blender full of Fiji Kava, and THEN do Mai-Tai #17 what might the results be ...

stay tuned!

Cheers!

View Profile of cybertiki Send a personal message to cybertiki  Email cybertiki Goto the website of cybertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-09 5:10 pm   Permalink

Cybertiki's next post:

"I'm not as think as you drunk I am!"
Hic. Hic.

Seriously though, as you get painlessly numb, do be careful if Ivan comes knocking.
By that of course I mean protect those fragile mugs! Oh and yourself too!
Good Luck

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SON OF MOTHRA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-09 5:28 pm   Permalink

Next post after that:

Hey....hic....where'd all the rum go...hic?

View Profile of SON OF MOTHRA Send a personal message to SON OF MOTHRA  Email SON OF MOTHRA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cybertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-09 5:40 pm   Permalink

It takes ***slightly*** more than 17 to knock me over (sadly). Irish constitution don't you know. Kava's OK, but I have to avoid the more potent painkillers that I have here at the house - those are the one's that knock me over (witness the Hawaiian Inn incident).

I got thru about 2 cups of Kava, fresh from New Caledonia last week (the Fijiian is just too strong), blended for about 5 minutes with coconut milk and lecithin, then pressed thru cloth. It required another Mai-Tai to get the taste out of my mouth. Now both my lips and nose are numb. I should probably eat something, so I put some potatoes in the oven - sheesh! hHope I remembver to take them out!

Ghods ... where's Pablus when you need him???

Cheers! (Mai-Tai #17)

tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-09 5:57 pm   Permalink

I'm on Mai Tai number zero. And it sucks! (still at the office...)

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
donhonyc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-09 6:13 pm   Permalink

DUDE!

16 in one day, or 16 total this week or in your lifetime? Damn yo! And I thought I could knock 'em back!

Is this some sort of contest that was posted here that I didn't kow about?

View Profile of donhonyc Send a personal message to donhonyc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cybertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-09 6:15 pm   Permalink

<ahem> I'm working over number 17 right now, and considering another kava bowl ... I've swapped out my third Blue Hawaiians album for Los Straightjackets.

Party's entering an entirely new phase.

Hope I remember to take the damned potatoes out of the oven.

(I would be remiss if I failed to point out that compared to Pablus, I'm a lightweight)

Cheers!

cybertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-09 6:18 pm   Permalink

I'm still at the office too.

The advantages of employment by a foreign entity.

Cheeers!!!!

cybertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-09 6:48 pm   Permalink

ALOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

Number 18 ... Los Straightjackets playing REAL LOUD. Here I am in the as yet unfinished Cannibal Lounge. Hopefully this will be completed this month! Got my Mai-Kai shirt on, and ready to go!!!

Ghods - better pull the potatoes soon or the Lovely Joelle will kill me.

<note> also managed another Kava Bowl - Fijiian this time - this could well be my last post ...

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kono
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-09 7:05 pm   Permalink

This is what two hurricanes (with a third threatening) will do to even the most rational folk.

17 Mai Tais! I'd have lime heartburn coming out my ass...

Please share your kava recipes! I've got a bunch of ground kava (Fijian) sitting in the freezer. I'm surprised no one's told you that your liver's gonna explode from mixing kava and alcohol. They kind of scared me a bit. Now ya've got me interested in kava again!

View Profile of Kono Send a personal message to Kono  Email Kono Goto the website of Kono     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cybertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-09 7:07 pm   Permalink

#18 is done ... Los Straightjakets are history. we're now on Surfpatrouille!!!!!!!!

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cybertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-09 7:09 pm   Permalink

Ja arbeite ich für eine deutsche Firma.

[ This Message was edited by: cybertiki on 2004-09-09 19:18 ]

[ This Message was edited by: cybertiki on 2004-09-09 19:21 ]

[ This Message was edited by: cybertiki on 2004-09-09 19:55 ]

cybertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-09 8:12 pm   Permalink

OK, the Lovely Joelle has returned, and it seems that Christina was at a party of some variety. So this is why I was deserted ... I DID save the potatoes, and after the two kava bowls and Mai-Tai #18 decided to do a gradual slow down.

Put on Julie London, sent Christina to bed, put the coffee on, took a nice walk out in the back to see how the 50 palms are doing (after Frances), came back in and poured myself a tasty coffee with Kahlua,rum, and cream ... well, there's gotta be a way to make it drinkable right? Julie's doing 'Blues in the Night' right now ... dare I hope?????

Joelle is debating the merits of "sweet" Mai-Tai's vs. "sour" Mai-Tai's (the way I like them), and I'm feeling VERY mellow at this point. Like I care right now

Anyway, I've decided to sleep in tomorrow, so I'm going for some more potent alkalai's and turning in. Good night to all, and may your evening's be as pleasant as mine has been!

Cheers!!!

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation