FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Sabu & Tikibelle's One-Year Aniversary Tiki Cocktail Party - October 9th
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Sabu & Tikibelle's One-Year Aniversary Tiki Cocktail Party - October 9th
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-11 12:19 pm   Permalink

Thank you, Sabu & Tikibelle, for such a wonderful party! It was a lovely time. Thanks also to Dr. Z and kick_the_reverb for their tasty drinks, and UtopianDreem for pitching in to help with Sabu's tasty BBQ. It's probably for everyone's benefit that I wasn't needed for guest bartending duty... I was unusually tired and probably would have mixed something atrocious.

My pics are up, and you can see them here:
http://public.fotki.com/Humuhumu/party_at_sabus/

but the only one that really matters is this one:

[ This Message was edited by: Humuhumu on 2004-10-11 16:56 ]

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laney
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-11 6:46 pm   Permalink

Humu, you are queen of pictures and that new camera is amazing. But had I known you were taking my picture, I would have smiled....my ass

http://public.fotki.com/Humuhumu/party_at_sabus/img_0348.html

View Profile of laney Send a personal message to laney  Email laney     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-11 6:49 pm   Permalink

Whoo! I didn't notice that, or I wouldn't have posted it. I can yank it if you want, although I don't think it's *too* revealing, and your keister does look loverly...

Critiki - Critiki News - Ooga-Mooga

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laney
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-11 6:59 pm   Permalink

I was just joking. It's not bad, I actually couldn't even tell if I was on crack but I asked my son if he liked this picture of me. He laughed and said "your butt crack is showing"
I'm so unphotogenic

[ This Message was edited by: laney on 2004-10-11 19:02 ]

View Profile of laney Send a personal message to laney  Email laney     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2004-10-11 9:17 pm   Permalink

Congratulations to Sabu and Tikibelle. Great party, food, drinks, and people. Love the photos Humuhumu. Did you get a shot of Laney's cool necklace? I think I drank too much.......Combover.........

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-11 10:44 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-10-11 18:46, laney wrote:
Humu, you are queen of pictures and that new camera is amazing. But had I known you were taking my picture, I would have smiled....my ass

Made Unga smile.
Side note: Apologies to Mr. laney

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-12 11:35 am   Permalink

I'd been there if I wasn't so far away. Still fun to know you guys are out there - rockin'!!
Hello to the Tiki Ti's gang!

[ This Message was edited by: sneakyjack on 2004-10-12 11:37 ]

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2004-10-12 11:55 am   Permalink

Great party!! Thank you so much Sabu and Tikibelle. You two should have a wedding anniversary every year!

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-12 4:18 pm   Permalink

Thanks to everyone who came and helped us celebrate our Anniversary in style. You made it such a fun event for us. We both loved seeing the house filled with people enjoying themselves. It was great meeting you new TC'ers as well and hope you felt at home enough to join us for many other events.

Thanks to the bartenders who put in the long hours so cheerfully. You almost fooled me into believing you were enjoying yourselves. The drinks were superb!

Thanks for all the food and alcohol and gifts! We were overwhelmed with your generosity. Tikibelle and I popped that bottle of champagne that one of you left the next morning and made Mimosas - which led to me dropping and breaking the first of our wedding goblets - exactly one year after receiving them on our wedding day. Probably a good omen. I'll probably break two next year.

Thanks to those who rolled up their metaphorical sleeves and pitched in to prepare the chicken, serve food, juice limes, wash tiki mugs, and help the whole event run so smoothly. You deserve medals. It was too much work for Tikibelle and I to do alone.

I had a stellar time and it just proved to me again what a great family we have here on Tiki Central. Tikibelle and I were talking about making this Anniversary cocktail party an annual event around the weekend closest to October 11th each year.

Thanks again.

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-12 6:59 pm   Permalink

This party was mighty enjoyable. Do it again! They actually have record albums in their vintage built-in record cabinets. Another great touch is the hi-fi console with the modern stereo that fit in it perfectly. Yummy food. Great bartending, Ran and Z. Thanks, Sabu and Tikibelle

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vintagegirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-12 8:22 pm   Permalink

Many congrats to our lovely Tikibelle and her man Sabu (the truest Master of the Grill if there ever was one). The coconut chicken skewers were at their most divine and tender. It was an all around wonderful and happy gathering. Many thanks to our gracious hosts for letting us share in the festivities. (And who made those awesome pasta salads, BTW?)

Krustiki, I said that even before I had a drink in me!

Floratina, I will have to have to work on my footing to battle you once again in the "Cleavage Crushing Combat".

View Profile of vintagegirl Send a personal message to vintagegirl  Goto the website of vintagegirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kick_the_reverb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-13 1:36 pm   Permalink

What a great party it was, Dale and I would like to thank Sabu & Tikibelle for inviting us all, letting me bartend, and for generously letting us sleep on their comfy futon. The company, food, and music were all superb. Thanks Dr. Z for making me one of the tastiest Mai Tais I've ever had. Nothing like hand squeezed lime in front of you.
Also thanks to everyone who helped me at the bar - including, but not limited to, Dale, Utopian Dream & Mrs. Bongo Fury.

Here are a few more pics, courtesy of Dale:

The lovely Velours

TikiBird & Utopian Dream

No Tequila was used in the making of the drinks.

Ms. Floratina proudly showing her Tiki mug's minty hairdo

Mr. & Mrs. BongoFury

See ya'll next time!
Mahalo,
Ran

View Profile of kick_the_reverb Send a personal message to kick_the_reverb  Email kick_the_reverb Goto the website of kick_the_reverb     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-13 4:55 pm   Permalink

Hey PolyPop & Floratina, how did the reverb crash-in-the-bag hold up?

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-13 7:13 pm   Permalink

It was delicious. I love the TC cocktails-to-go concept pioneered by Poly Pop.

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-14 08:01 am   Permalink

I didn't have my Reverb Crash leftovers until Monday night to accompany my dinner (as you know from my phone call bragging about it ) and it was excellent. It didn't lose a thing and tasted as fresh as it did on Saturday. The mint was still fresh too!

BTW -- the Oktoberfest was good. I'm not sure if it was as fresh as it was on Saturday only because I didn't try any while I was there.

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation