FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events hukilau: who's going?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
hukilau: who's going?
I dream of tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-18 10:39 pm   Permalink

Myself with a few friends in tow. Let see how they fare. I'm local and WILL be there.

Now that I've said that, lets see what the weather does to jinks it all.

View Profile of I dream of tiki Send a personal message to I dream of tiki  Email I dream of tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ikitnrev
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-09-19 01:47 am   Permalink

I will be there .... after making it to the first two Hukilaus, how could I miss the third? (Thanks Kiliki and Swanky!)

My reservation is the Bahia Mar. There will be a battle between my ever-growing older body's need for sleep, versus the call of the rum. Nowadays here in Virginia, this battle often ends in a draw, but with the presence of my favorite tiki friends and the warmer tropical weather, I'm expecting that the late night rum will emerge this time as the victor.

Vern

View Profile of ikitnrev Send a personal message to ikitnrev  Email ikitnrev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-19 06:51 am   Permalink

Vern: That's the spirit(s)!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai Matty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-19 7:42 pm   Permalink

I'm alittle confused on the room 135 happening . Is this an open luau for all hukilau folks ? If so that's fantastic I'll be looking forward to hanging and taste testing anyones mai tai who needs some reassuring on their mixing skills. Plus if anyone cares my lovely wife's b-day is friday the 24th so this whole event is special to us no matter what .. look forward to meeting as many of you as we possibly can. 4 more days !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View Profile of Mai Tai Matty Send a personal message to Mai Tai Matty      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-20 04:50 am   Permalink

Me and Mrs Benzart,Sherry will be there. Storm Battered but there. Can't wait to meet everyone. Wwe will arrive Friday morning

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-20 05:15 am   Permalink

Thanks Pablus!! Can't wait to see you and everyone there! This will be a year for us all to remember!

If anyone should need to get in touch with us after today we will have limited access to email. Both Swanky and I are at the Bahia Mar - our given names are Christie White and Tim Glazner. Those of you who have my cell number are most welcome to call me.

This is it! Swanky leaves today and I tomorrow! Get ready!

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-20 09:18 am   Permalink

Marian and I are headed south Thursday morning and thought we would stop in Jensen Beach at Frances Langford's old Outrigger Restaurant for lunch around noon. I called this morning and they said they came through the Hurricane Frances okay, and are open for business.
If you haven't been and are coming down I-95, you might want to check it out. The restaurant is now called the Dolphin Bar and Shrimp House, but it still has a fair amount of memorabilia from the old Polynesian restaurant days, and has killer views from both bars and the outside lanai.
Here's the address:
DOLPHIN BAR & SHRIMP HOUSE. 1401 NE INDIAN RIVER DR. JENSEN BEACH, FL

Here are a few photos. Sorry they are so large. Maybe a moderator can fix these so they don't scare the hell out of everyone.

[ This Message was edited by: Kailuageoff on 2004-09-20 09:23 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Kailuageoff on 2004-09-20 09:25 ]

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikilicious
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-20 11:13 am   Permalink

I am going! How can I not? I just moved to Ft Lauderdale about 3 days ago, and my new home is about 8 minutes away from the Mai Kai! WHOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lenore

View Profile of Tikilicious Send a personal message to Tikilicious  Email Tikilicious Goto the website of Tikilicious     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-09-20 11:56 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-09-19 01:47, ikitnrev wrote:

My reservation is the Bahia Mar. There will be a battle between my ever-growing older body's need for sleep, versus the call of the rum. Vern

The Powers that be decided that Mr Smiley needed to stay at the Bahia Mar to balance out the "cool" factor between the two places. Glas to see the ever cool Vern will be a "neighbor"!
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-20 12:48 pm   Permalink

!!!!!!!!!!!!Just in time for the Holidays!!!!!!!!!!!!
IT IS HERE!!!!
And I'll be there!!!
but only till Sat morning.... rats!
So... if you want one of these...

Crazy AL Tiki#13 "Keeper of the Charm"
limited edition of 250 ceramic Tiki Farm MUG!!!!
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=10944&forum=5&7
$35 with out paying shipping...
I'm bringing a box of 15 with me!
the first 15 folks to email me will get these mugs
I'm not vending so if there is soming on my sight you want i'll bring it with me
you will have to email me before Wed. AM!

other orders will be shipped after the Hukilau in FL, two weeks
Thanks!
STAY TIKI !!
al@tikimania.com

[ This Message was edited by: crazy al on 2004-09-20 12:50 ]

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mermadia
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-09-21 12:21 am   Permalink

I'll be there with a bunch of drunken sailors! (tee hee!)

View Profile of Mermadia Send a personal message to Mermadia  Email Mermadia     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-21 1:22 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-09-21 00:21, Mermadia wrote:

I'll be there with my drunken sailor!

[ This Message was edited by: Tikiwahine on 2004-09-21 13:23 ]

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-22 5:40 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-09-21 13:22, Tikiwahine wrote:
Quote:

On 2004-09-21 00:21, Mermadia wrote:

I am a drunk sailor.

I'll be there with my drunken sailor!

[ This Message was edited by: Tikiwahine on 2004-09-21 13:23 ]

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-22 10:37 pm   Permalink

this sucks - I should be there! I'm sad now.
Holden

[ This Message was edited by: smogbreather on 2004-09-22 22:38 ]

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traitor Vic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-22 11:07 pm   Permalink

Talk about Sad...
My father-inlaw, who bravely flew 35 missions over Nazi Germany as captain of a B-17 crew (and yes, he dropped a few bombs along the way), passed away yesterday. Susan and I, alas, will not be attending Hukilau as planned.

It is now up to the rest of you guys to Have Fun enough for Both of Us and Tom Hammond, too! Can't Wait to See the Pictures!

[ This Message was edited by: Traitor Vic on 2004-09-23 00:03 ]

View Profile of Traitor Vic Send a personal message to Traitor Vic  Email Traitor Vic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation