FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events hukilau - who's not going?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
hukilau - who's not going?
Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-15 7:54 pm   Permalink

Name: Tiki Chris

Excuse: Quadruple Whammy! Wife's relatives from Italy visited for two weeks. This was during the same time that some good friends from London stayed w/ us. & then last week, my mom came to visit. Also, gotta fly down to my niece's wedding in Georgia next month.

Consolation: MINI-LAU at my house next week! Also, Emi & I are saving up for 3 weeks in New Zealand after Christmas!

View Profile of Tiki Chris Send a personal message to Tiki Chris  Email Tiki Chris Goto the website of Tiki Chris     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Voodoo Child

Posted: 2004-09-15 8:31 pm   Permalink

excuse:too far, too much money...
But the good news is i wil be having my own tiki party.

catch a spliff!

View Profile of Voodoo Child Send a personal message to Voodoo Child      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-15 9:02 pm   Permalink

Ok,

Just to let everyone know, first of all, Billy Mure is definitely playing, I talked with him today about his all Hawaiian set and yes, he's playing Pink Hawaii. He's invited other musicians onstage to perform Hawaiian War Chant with him!!

The other - there will always be a Hukilau as long as there are ohana willing to make it. It's a part of me and a part of my life.

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-15 9:10 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-09-15 21:02, tiki_kiliki wrote:
Ok...................there will always be a Hukilau as long as there are ohana willing to make it. It's a part of me and a part of my life.

TK, as this is going to be my first true tiki event and I know one to remember I hope to see it be around for many many hula moons. So for saying that, MAHALO MAHALO MAHALO!!

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LAWebChick
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-09-15 10:55 pm   Permalink

Quote:

TK, as this is going to be my first true tiki event and I know one to remember I hope to see it be around for many many hula moons. So for saying that, MAHALO MAHALO MAHALO!!

Wait, wasn't this thread for us poor folk trying to avoid the giddy people?

Name: LAWebChick
Excuse: $$$$, plus I'm starting a new job

Consolation: We have the Durukuli Lounge, so we'll raise a toast. Plus with a little bit of planning, the new job should pay for us next year... unless we choose to finally get MonkeyBoy to Hawaii.

View Profile of LAWebChick Send a personal message to LAWebChick  Email LAWebChick     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mrs. B
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-16 12:00 am   Permalink

Awhhhhh, come on. Excuse: $$$$$$$
For those of you lucky enough (btw....Lucky, you in??) travel JetBlue for 89.00 out 119.00 back. Seats still available.
And, Thank you for flying JetBlue.
Buh-bye, thank you - buh-bye - yes, sir, that's your bag - buh-bye - thank you - buh-bye and (oooooooooh, the unexpected...........ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Welcome to HUKILAU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

PS We know of some really nice trees to sleep under, AND, you can steal Crazy Al's cocktail super easy! Yup, he's so busy, just grab it! Ben's drink? Nah, I wouldn't if I were me!
HUKILAU!!!!!!!!!!

View Profile of Mrs. B Send a personal message to Mrs. B      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-16 12:13 am   Permalink

Name Hiltiki...Location beautiful Reseda, Calif.....(maybe)....I am not going because I just went to New York and spend a fortune...

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Futura Girl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-16 01:23 am   Permalink

Name: Futura Grrrl
Excuse: Waited too long to get the cheap airfares at a convenient time, plus am completely OVERtaxed with preparations for Mondo Lounge! so I am heading to Rockaround instead... See you there Aqua & Naomi and Jab... Mig is going, too!

Anyone need a place to crash in Vegas that weekend?

View Profile of Futura Girl Send a personal message to Futura Girl  Goto the website of Futura Girl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-16 01:41 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: filslash 2008-09-12 14:49 ]

View Profile of Phillip Roberts Send a personal message to Phillip Roberts  Email Phillip Roberts     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-16 02:17 am   Permalink

Financial funds hit hard this year.

[ This Message was edited by: Unga Bunga on 2004-09-16 11:59 ]

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-16 03:05 am   Permalink

Can't go...saving money and no vacation time left.

Plus side.....Money and 5 weeks in Hawaii at the end of the year

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-16 08:43 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-09-15 21:02, tiki_kiliki wrote:
The other - there will always be a Hukilau as long as there are ohana willing to make it.

So what you're saying is there's always next year? That's what I like to hear! Hukilau 2005 - I'm in!

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-16 08:51 am   Permalink

My excuse: Too many bills, too many kids, too little time, and too little money.

Hopefully next year...

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-09-16 12:05 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-09-16 01:23, Futura Girl wrote:so I am heading to Rockaround instead... See you there Aqua & Naomi and Jab... Mig is going, too!

Yes! Is anyone going to be there Thursday night? We arrive at 10:30PM, so we'll be ready to hit the town about 11:30. We're at the Gold Coast. If the music schedule permits I would like to dine at the Golden Steer and perhaps Battista's Hole in the Wall sometime.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki5-0
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-16 12:22 pm   Permalink

excuse-too poor, no vacation time(have to save it for christmas in texas), scared of hurricanes.

View Profile of tiki5-0 Send a personal message to tiki5-0  Email tiki5-0 Goto the website of tiki5-0     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation