FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Hukilau 2004 Pics
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Hukilau 2004 Pics
Gilligan
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-09-28 7:43 pm   Permalink

Wow! What a time!
Super huge thanks to Kiliki and the Swank for pullin' it off!

It was great to meet all you crazy tiki-centralites. I was inspired to join in on the fun!

Here's a few of my shots from the weekend...

http://www.troikastudio.com/hukilau

gonna get some video up soon...

View Profile of Gilligan Send a personal message to Gilligan  Email Gilligan Goto the website of Gilligan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MosaicMoai

Posted: 2004-09-28 8:38 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-09-28 18:57, TNTiki wrote:
MosaicMoai:

I saw your tatoo in Tiki Toa's pictures. I think it is great. From what I hear from Toa you are pretty protective of its origin. Not that I am interested in a tatoo, but I think it would make a great pool bottom. Can you share with me where you got the idea?

Here's the deal about tattoos: You know the one's on the wall when you walk in? People actually get those. I don't have any of those and would like to be the only one with this particular (over a year in the making) tattoo. That's why I don't want it in a book (or even really online).

That being said, I got the idea from a mosaic wall hanging of Easter Island I saw back in 1991 in New Orleans. It was $400 and I really wanted it, but couldn't afford it. Then it was gone....

When the Book of Tiki came out, I was surpised to find my wall hanging in the book! Then I decided that I needed a tattoo of this piece (which I changed around a bit) so that I could have it forever. Funny thing is, it cost more to get the tattoo than the original wall hanging! Oh well...

Larry

View Profile of MosaicMoai Send a personal message to MosaicMoai  Email MosaicMoai Goto the website of MosaicMoai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-28 9:08 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: DawnTiki on 2004-09-28 21:14 ]

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ikitnrev
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-09-28 10:32 pm   Permalink

Here are 17 of my of my favorite pictures from the past weekend ....

It was hard to describe the feeling when I looked and saw in the distance this tiki ship/barge/portable island arriving....

I was watching closely as it maneuvered closer to the dock -- and then heard a steady cracking sound of wood splintering, as one of the pillars for the dock was torn away. An omen of the upcoming hurricane? (Those posts in the picture are suppose to be vertical).....

Billy Mure and myself....

Billy and Debbie dancing up a storm, pre-storm.....

King Kukulele, all framed up....

Mr and Mrs Cybertiki....

and their daughter, Christina, on stage at the Mai Kai with King Kukulele.....

a Mai kai fire dancer...

with the Mai Kai audience enthralled ...

Preparing some ice cream flambe....

Myself, enjoying a flaming Kona coffee grog....

Me again, in the Mysterious Mai Kai Gardens, hanging onto two pillars. I have no idea of what the white floating ball is in front of me ... some ghostly figure that appeared only on film....

Mr and Mrs Surburban Hipster .....

James, Formikahini, and Bamboo Ben....

No king sized bed, no mirrors on the ceiling, but I am still a very happy man...

A few of us who were at the Mai Kai Sunday evening .....

and my final drink of that evening - and some good reasons to return again some day....

Vern

View Profile of ikitnrev Send a personal message to ikitnrev  Email ikitnrev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TNTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-29 03:16 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 18:07 ]

View Profile of TNTiki Send a personal message to TNTiki  Email TNTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TNTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-29 03:21 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 18:07 ]

View Profile of TNTiki Send a personal message to TNTiki  Email TNTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGoon
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-09-29 10:15 am   Permalink

Hey Vern,

Cool shot of the Tiki Beach! Can you email me a larger version of it. All the pictures I have of it don't show that it is a free floating boat. I remember talking with you on the boat, but didn't relize you were from the D.C. area. Here is a pic of me so you can put a face with the name.

View Profile of TikiGoon Send a personal message to TikiGoon  Email TikiGoon Goto the website of TikiGoon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-29 4:38 pm   Permalink

Three cheers for the Suburban Hipsters for sleeping in a shelter on concrete after Hukilau! Man, that sucks.

I am alive and recovering now. Hukilau has been like being a war refugee. It was f&^$ing awesome to see home! I may never go to Florida again! I hope there was fun had. I have no idea. It's all a blur of a nightmare to me.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-29 5:00 pm   Permalink

Swanky, we had such a fantastic time.

I think you need to read this thread:
http://tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=11049&forum=4&start=15

[ This Message was edited by: Tikiwahine on 2004-09-29 17:01 ]

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Suburban Hipster
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-29 9:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-09-29 16:38, Swanky wrote:
Three cheers for the Suburban Hipsters for sleeping in a shelter on concrete after Hukilau! Man, that sucks.

Not to be confused with the Suburban Hipsters of Rockville Maryland.

View Profile of Suburban Hipster Send a personal message to Suburban Hipster  Email Suburban Hipster     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-30 11:17 am   Permalink

Quote:
Hukilau has been like being a war refugee. It was f&^$ing awesome to see home!

I felt the same way as we headed our way home... always trying to stay ahead of Jeanne...

I also felt I and we were robbed... not your fault, the hurricane's fault. It was too short of a party and had I known better what to do I would have stayed in town for Saturday night. I really didn't know my options and regret getting out of the state so quick. I am very dissappointed that I missed the Mai Kai. But I had a great time at what did happen and hope to return again next year! The rest of my trip was ruined also... I didn't get to stay with my friend in Melbourne and surf for three days like I wanted to for the last year...

Damn the weather...

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kava King
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-30 12:34 pm   Permalink

Hukilau was a real gasser.
My Wahine (recently dubbed "Kava Queen") & I wrung every micron of fun out of every minute spent amongst the beautiful people of Tikidom! Well, except for the scaredy-cat time spent deciding whether to bug out or not...
Yeah, it sucked leaving a day early; but one nice side effect was being so relieved over not being killed as to negate the usual post-Hukilau depression effect!
Thanks to Swanky & Kiliki for staging another fantastic event! Hope you're both doing well at the Betty Ford Center.

View Profile of Kava King Send a personal message to Kava King      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-30 2:46 pm   Permalink

It was definitely an exciting honeymoon for us! We'll have a great story to tell the kids.

The warmth and kindness of the tiki ohana has really stuck in my mind. Next year I'm bringing a bigger suitcase so I can bring home more stuff!

DrunkenMunky just informaed me that we NEED a pole to be the corner post of our Huki Lounge. Keigs? You're in Washington, right? I know Lonnie & Ginger were talking about coming to visit you, we may come down as well, with a van.

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-01 10:51 am   Permalink

this is a mid century motel that fell victim to the weather.

This little girl is going to be completely famous one day.

This dance was a high point of the weekend.
Beautiful.

And this dance wasn't bad either!

[ This Message was edited by: tikibars on 2004-10-19 22:18 ]

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-02 6:06 pm   Permalink

Can someone please post a clear close up photo of the name tags that everyone seems to be wearing? THANKS

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation