FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki I am going to throw up now! MY GOD THEY DEDICATED IT TO ME!!! I am bidding on it!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
I am going to throw up now! MY GOD THEY DEDICATED IT TO ME!!! I am bidding on it!
Suburban Hipster
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-20 6:47 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2002-09-20 15:58, DawnTiki wrote:
I know this is naive of me but how did they get the Tiki Farm off the bottom and the Trader Vic's stamp there instead?

I assume you're referring to the suffering bastards. Actually, the shot glasses from Tiki Farm are stamped "Trader Vic's by Tiki Farm 2002." They are officially licensed products of Trader Vic's.

View Profile of Suburban Hipster Send a personal message to Suburban Hipster  Email Suburban Hipster     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-20 7:38 pm   Permalink

Sorry, I should have been more EXACT in posting my question. But, Yes, I was curious about the Suffering Bastard Shot Glass. I have seen them on the farms web site. I didn't relize that they put Trader Vic's stamp on them. I have a couple of the Tiki Farm mugs. I am pretty new to collecting Mugs, I have held off on buying any of the older ones out of fear of not knowing whats what. I have seen to many post here about people getting stung on Ebay, from being uninformed. I have learned so much from all of the posts here. This really is off topic, anyway - THANKS

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KokomoTikiBar&Grill
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-23 09:35 am   Permalink

Well here it is, a painting tribute for me! I am going to bid on this puppy now! Talk about driving down the prices! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=716945363
I was wondering if I bid on this and all proceeds are coming to me to feed my starving children, will I have to pay for it since the money is coming to me anyway. What do you think TikiMug?

[ This Message was edited by: KokomoTikiBar&Grill on 2002-09-23 09:43 ]

View Profile of KokomoTikiBar&Grill Send a personal message to KokomoTikiBar&Grill      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikimug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-23 09:49 am   Permalink

Now that is funny, and I think the same sex reference was addressed, too. See the pink one has hair like a girl and the blue one has a little goatee like a boy! See at least THEY aren't gay!

This has to be the funniest thing I've ever seen! You should be very proud Kokomo, having this "artwork" dedicated to you.

[ This Message was edited by: tikimug on 2002-09-23 09:50 ]

View Profile of tikimug Send a personal message to tikimug  Email tikimug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KokomoTikiBar&Grill
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-23 10:58 am   Permalink

I am pleased as punch! Rum Punch!

View Profile of KokomoTikiBar&Grill Send a personal message to KokomoTikiBar&Grill      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KokomoTikiBar&Grill
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-23 11:58 am   Permalink

Damn! I have been outbid! Wait a minute, all proceeds go to me! Bid people! Bid!!!!

dogbytes

Posted: 2002-09-23 3:17 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2002-09-17 16:32, martiki6 wrote:

Well, then again, does anyone like these things?
-martin

i'm gonna confess.. i rather like the second picture that was offered. its the pink beehive-ish hair. hm.. maybe the next version will have hooters and bigger hair. i'll wait for that one.

or maybe i'll just commission one to be done .. i'll help get nedyahr's kids thru college!

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KokomoTikiBar&Grill
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-23 3:47 pm   Permalink

Thats not a second picture, thats the same one with hair. Thanks for helping send my kids to college. Hey, do yall think they will really let me have the money they make on it?

SullTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-23 4:07 pm   Permalink

I thought for sure my .19 cents would hold. Oh well it's getting too rich for my blood.

View Profile of SullTiki Send a personal message to SullTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
manic cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-23 4:14 pm   Permalink

I like the tikis in love. How much is the shipping? can we send it courier pigeon to keep costs down? Pony express?

View Profile of manic cat Send a personal message to manic cat  Email manic cat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
manic cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-23 4:16 pm   Permalink

Hey, you're in Queens. I'll just swing by from manhattan and pick it up. No shipping costs. If you say OK, I'm bidding $.27!

View Profile of manic cat Send a personal message to manic cat  Email manic cat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KokomoTikiBar&Grill
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-23 4:28 pm   Permalink

Hey! I just outbid you guys again! Remember proceeds go to my children! So if I win, I just give my kids the money and pay for the thing to be shipped to me. Actually I can be outbid! I have went to .49 on this baby. I am not going any higher!

dogbytes

Posted: 2002-09-23 5:09 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2002-09-23 15:47, KokomoTikiBar&Grill wrote:
Thats not a second picture, thats the same one with hair.

ok. is it an inkjet print or an original.. what medium..? i'm gonna have to email the artist... it cant be the same one, the other one sold already.

dangit, everytime one of you TC's post here, i go look again. it's really growing on me.

thats it, im bidding.

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rch427
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-09-23 8:04 pm   Permalink

Hey Kokomo -- I rather like the "1965 Pewter Tiki Mug / Bowl" you have up right now, only I'm a little confused. What do you mean by "glazed in pewter"? I presumed that pewter was a metal alloy, not a glaze. And what's "casted"? Is it like "cast", only somehow better? Just wondering.

I really would like to hear about the background of your recasts, it sounds like an interesting process. Do you cast them yourself, or does someone else do them for you? And can you tell us a little about Johnny Sens?

-- Robert

View Profile of rch427 Send a personal message to rch427      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijaksin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-23 9:36 pm   Permalink

this is the funniest $&!t i've ever seen !! who's the genius behind all this? WoW. Tikijaksin

View Profile of tikijaksin Send a personal message to tikijaksin  Email tikijaksin Goto the website of tikijaksin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation