FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » hukilau 2005 - decided!!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
hukilau 2005 - decided!!!
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-16 2:44 pm   Permalink

hukotica 2005 in chicago and hukilau 2006 in fort lauderdale

if flounder comes to hukotica 2005 in chicago there might be a midwest hurricane tho

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-16 2:53 pm   Permalink

If there's any doubt we don't live on an inland sea here's a webcam shot from the Michigan side today...

Not exactly tropical but definately surfable... Peak wind gust of 55 mph out of the west...

55mph... don't you Florida folks just about call that tropical storm force winds?

Just another fall day here in the Midwest!

Flounder can bring a hurricane up here any day... the surfers will welcome it with open arms if it means waves...

[ This Message was edited by: Lake Surfer on 2004-10-16 14:53 ]

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
NeptuneTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-10-16 4:15 pm   Permalink

Most definitely AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! Hukilau 2005 in Chicago and 2006 Ft. Lauderdale PLEASE!!!!! Y not?!

View Profile of NeptuneTiki Send a personal message to NeptuneTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-16 8:29 pm   Permalink

We would seriously consider going to Chicago if the main event is at the Kona Kai.

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-16 9:39 pm   Permalink

If Kona Kai, Hala Kahiki, Chef Shangri-la, AND Trader Vic's are involved, "A". If not, "B", because it would literally take all four rolled into one to in any way even compare to the sheer majesty of the Mai Kai. Mai Kai is the tops in the country, hands down.

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
manic cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-17 12:18 am   Permalink

a. have Hukilau 2005 in Chicago and Hukilau 2006 in Fort Lauderdale

Comments: For the fifth year anniversary, an event HAS to do something new and different and SPECIAL. In addition to the change in location, how about a luau in Chicago to honor the occasion?

View Profile of manic cat Send a personal message to manic cat  Email manic cat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JTD
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-17 07:10 am   Permalink

A.

I will be just about recovered from my last trip to Chicago/Exotica by then.

JTD

View Profile of JTD Send a personal message to JTD      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-17 08:18 am   Permalink

I think HukiLau will only be HukiLau in Ft Lauderdale!
My vote is to name it something else if it will be some place different.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tweedtone
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-17 10:38 am   Permalink

I know I wouldn't be able to come to Chicago for an event so opting for choice A would, for me at least, mean no big tiki event to attend in 2005.

I am now sad.

View Profile of tweedtone Send a personal message to tweedtone  Email tweedtone Goto the website of tweedtone     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JonPez
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-10-17 10:49 am   Permalink

Being a Floridian, I vote for "B" for the convenience factor (plus the MaiKai is AMAZING!).
Being a tiki-phile, "A" would give me a reason to see some of the big classics that I have not had a chance to see yet. But "A" would also leave me with less cash on hand, and my chances to go would be reduced due to the distance factor... Then it would be even for the people who trekked down here and braved the hurricanes with us.
Hmmmm. I am torn. LIke a moist paper towel.

View Profile of JonPez Send a personal message to JonPez  Goto the website of JonPez     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ikitnrev
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-10-17 11:11 am   Permalink

Hukilau in 2005? I say Yes - either location would be fine with me.

But overall, I would lean towards Chicago, as there are a few tiki places there that I haven't visited yet. Besides, the first Hukilau was in Atlanta, the second in Fort Lauderdale, and I like the idea of it being an event that can float and travel across the country. Taking a vacation to the same place every year seems a bit boring to me.

Vern

View Profile of ikitnrev Send a personal message to ikitnrev  Email ikitnrev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiccino

Posted: 2004-10-17 11:58 am   Permalink

We should really do Chicago. It is an awesome city and would be a good change of scenery (and offers many venues of tiki interest). Then the Mai Kai would be that much more when we return for their anniversary.

View Profile of Tikiccino Send a personal message to Tikiccino  Email Tikiccino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chisel slinger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-17 7:46 pm   Permalink

I'm up for chicago, alot shorter distance for me to haul tikis to. I,ll still head down to florida anyway. that would make it a more relaxing vacation down there without a truck full of stuff. plus I love the hala kahiki, so much to see in chicago.

View Profile of chisel slinger Send a personal message to chisel slinger  Email chisel slinger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hala bullhiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-17 11:03 pm   Permalink

this is all funny to me because i spent the weekend a)on the phone with the mai kai, and b)with an event coordinator at the kona kai(chicago)......because next year, me and the wahine are getting hitched at one of the two!!!!.....so yeah, either or for our vote......

View Profile of hala bullhiki Send a personal message to hala bullhiki  Email hala bullhiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-18 09:53 am   Permalink

b. keep the event at the Mai Kai

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation