FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Art by Swamp Fire aka Doug Horne
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Art by Swamp Fire aka Doug Horne
Loki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-03 06:45 am   Permalink

SF, Thanks for the quick delivery, we love them.

View Profile of Loki Send a personal message to Loki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-04 9:42 pm   Permalink

Aloha everyone, below is the poster art for the Tucson, Kon Tiki Grand Re-Dedication party. The limited edition tiki mug is shown to the right and comes with a pendant around his neck. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone at the party April 22nd, fun times.

"Welcome to Paradise"

Detail

The Art of Doug Horne
http://www.swampfirelounge.com/

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
foamy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-05 02:15 am   Permalink

Great poster and mug. The suspicious/jealeous monkey is a nice touch. I also particularly like the painted tiki in the corner. I don't see them often. The subtlety of the volcano kinda makes the whole thing. Real nice.

View Profile of foamy Send a personal message to foamy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-05 06:42 am   Permalink

Great poster. You have a great style.

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-05 07:08 am   Permalink

See it in motion at www.tikifarm.com

Arrrrr-some!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-05 07:26 am   Permalink

Great Poster SwampFire. How did you get your Monkey to look like Crazy Al? Or is it Crazy Al that looks like the Monkey. Love your art, as it includes so much hilarious stuff.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PockyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-05 2:38 pm   Permalink

i love your bright vibrant colors. Awesome stuff Swamp Fire! Cheers!

View Profile of PockyTiki Send a personal message to PockyTiki  Email PockyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-05 7:25 pm   Permalink

Thanks foamy, most of the tikis in the Kon Tiki are painted. In the book Tiki Road Trip it says the were painted to cover up graffiti, not sure it that is true. The tiki in the corner of the poster greets you as you enter the dining area of the resturant.

Thanks AlohaStation and PockyTiki

BambooBen, the animation turned out great. Too bad the artwork looks kind of rough, the poster was not finished at that stage when I sent it over to Holden.

Benz, thanks I really dig your art also and yes al is great inspiration for all of my monkey drawings.

The Art of Doug Horne

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-05 8:00 pm   Permalink

Awesome art Swampy! Great detail, colour. just plain cool man. Love the expressions on the monkey and the puffer

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-05 8:10 pm   Permalink

Nice!! The kahiki pic. is such a great tribute!

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-05 9:11 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-04-05 19:25, Swamp Fire wrote:
Thanks foamy, most of the tikis in the Kon Tiki are painted. In the book Tiki Road Trip it says the were painted to cover up graffiti, not sure it that is true. The tiki in the corner of the poster greets you as you enter the dining area of the resturant.

Thanks AlohaStation and PockyTiki

BambooBen, the animation turned out great. Too bad the artwork looks kind of rough, the poster was not finished at that stage when I sent it over to Holden.

Benz, thanks I really dig your art also and yes al is great inspiration for all of my monkey drawings.

Hey Swamp-

I think everything will look great as soon as we get some of those Scorpions down our throats!!

Looking forward to meeting you again and sluring together!!!

It all looks great now!!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-05 9:33 pm   Permalink

Amazing as always. I swear I find something different everytime I look at one of your paintings.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-06 05:02 am   Permalink

Swamp,
I always dig your work and you didnt let me down with this one...Nice. You have such a clean style, plus you can never go wrong with a drunk monkey.

Quick question for you...about how many hours do you put into a piece like this one from conception to finished product?

[ This Message was edited by: Loki 2006-04-06 05:06 ]

View Profile of Loki Send a personal message to Loki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-06 1:13 pm   Permalink

Thanks Hewey, Sneakytiki, rodeotiki. I really appreciate that.

Ben, sounds cool. In the frenzy of tiki oasis we have not gotten to talk much. I look forward to building a straw chain with you.

Loki, thanks. I usually start with a pencil sketch outside of the computer and scan that to use as a guide. Draw it out in a program called Illustrator and do the final rendering in Photoshop. The Kon Tiki piece was about 20 hours or so. I've never actually timed how long a peice takes me, not that organized I guess.

The Art of Doug Horne

pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-06 1:42 pm   Permalink

swampy, do you use a wacom or painter at all? i've still got my 9 x 12 intuos sitting on my desk with no use since december. maybe we can talk more in AZ. i'll also be at the henderson art fair in may.

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation