FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Art by Swamp Fire aka Doug Horne
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Art by Swamp Fire aka Doug Horne
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-25 8:48 pm   Permalink

Kool art as always man! Love it

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-26 03:57 am   Permalink

SWampy, I Really love the Catalina POster. That tiki is Awesome as is the fish and the Monkey. The mug looks so happy to have the fish finally leave and the Puffer fish is hangin around Trying to look soo Coool. FIne example of SwampFire Art.
HappyHappyHappy

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-26 09:58 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-06-25 11:17, The Granite Tiki wrote:
Cool! Your monkeys are becoming stars on their own! They should have their own spin-off or something. I guess I'm saying your monkeys are so cool looking they deserve their own sitcom! (the blowfish lamp could be their neighbor or something)

Yes, and they could be the bullies of the Sponge Bob neighborhood. Put a kick me sign on Sponge Bob, jalapenos in his hamburger. I've been on this monkey kick lately, I have to get it out of my system. As a kid I wanted a monkey for a pet, who did'nt, that ended when I found out they had to wear diapers all of the time. Who wants a monkey running around the house wearing a diaper? It's just not right.

Teaky, hewey and Ben. Thanks I appreciate your comments.

Ona, that would be very cool.

The Art of Doug Horne
http://www.swampfirelounge.com/

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-26 11:55 am   Permalink

I hate to sound repetitive but.....

I just never get tired of seeing your stuff. So vibrant and crisp. Whimsical and fun.

The event organizers are lucky to have your participation.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Howland
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-26 1:17 pm   Permalink

Quote:
Yes, and they could be the bullies of the Sponge Bob neighborhood. Put a kick me sign on Sponge Bob, jalapenos in his hamburger.

Sounds like that monkey needs to be spanked!

Monkeyman couldn't have said it better--vibrant, crisp, fun, whimsical. I wish I could live inside one of your paintings-or maybe just visit every now and then!

The Curse of Howland Island

View Profile of Howland Send a personal message to Howland  Email Howland     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-26 1:29 pm   Permalink

great stuff doug. i'm trying my hardest to get to catalina. if that doesn't happen i'd like to hook up in october when you come to boulder city.

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-26 2:17 pm   Permalink

Doug,
Rec'd my prints last week. They are great. Forbidden Island and Legends.
I'm gonna build some bamboo frames for them. Hopefully, I can find my charger for the camera and I'll post picks soon, more likely latter.
Thanks,
Mr. NoNaMe

[ This Message was edited by: Mr. NoNaMe 2009-05-14 14:22 ]

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki beat by marcus thorn
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-06-26 6:18 pm   Permalink

Hey Swamp Fire - very nice work mate - you have a style that brings out the subject - makes it pop outa the picture -the poster makes me want to grab a tiki mug fulla grog and sit down with the monkey and beat the drums. So much talent!

View Profile of tiki beat by marcus thorn Send a personal message to tiki beat by marcus thorn  Email tiki beat by marcus thorn Goto the website of tiki beat by marcus thorn     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-26 7:22 pm   Permalink

Monkeyman, surf-n-turf and Marcus, thanks for the comments!

pdrake, hope you can make it. I'm really looking forward to this event, this will be my first time on Catalina island. Fun times!

Mr. NoNaMe, glad you like them, thanks!

The Art of Doug Horne

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheeky half
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-06 09:08 am   Permalink

I'm diggin' the Catalina poster Swamp Fire and I was wondering what drink that fish was jumping out of. Do you have an official cocktail concoction? We just brought home a Doug Horne Kon Tiki rededication mug and we aren't sure what he likes to drink.

He is a feisty little bugger though and quite frequently I find him out in the garden picking fights with the cacti.

But at night he likes cruisin' around town on our skateboard. Sometimes he brings home other lady tiki mugs, which we don't mind, but he always leaves them shattered the next morning. Quite the heartbreaker.

Cheers!

cheeky half

[ This Message was edited by: cheeky half 2006-07-06 09:10 ]

[ This Message was edited by: cheeky half 2006-07-07 08:28 ]

View Profile of cheeky half Send a personal message to cheeky half  Goto the website of cheeky half     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-07 09:47 am   Permalink

Quote:

He is a feisty little bugger though and quite frequently I find him out in the garden picking fights with the cacti.

But at night he likes cruisin' around town on our skateboard. Sometimes he brings home other lady tiki mugs, which we don't mind, but he always leaves them shattered the next morning. Quite the heartbreaker.

He is a Scamp, the other day mine took the car out for a joy ride and was busted for a DUI. I could have re-glazed the SOB when he got home. I've found if you put a strawberry daquery (sp) in him he calms down quite a bit. Thanks for sharing those special moments with your Kon Tiki mug.

[ This Message was edited by: Swamp Fire 2006-07-07 10:06 ]

Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-07 10:05 am   Permalink

New painting below.

TIKI DRIVE-INvasion

The Art of Doug Horne

McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-07 10:09 am   Permalink

As always Swamp...Lovin the art you do. The monkey always cracks me up.

Mahalo

Mc

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-07 10:17 am   Permalink

That one is sweet...got to get me one, put me on the list.

View Profile of OnaTiki Send a personal message to OnaTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-07 10:55 am   Permalink

Simply sweet stuff, Swamptiki! I'm a fool for that flying saucer genre, and it looks great mixed with tiki. A very cool piece!

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation