FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Art by Swamp Fire aka Doug Horne
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Art by Swamp Fire aka Doug Horne
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-12 9:21 pm   Permalink

Aloha everyone,
Wanted to share some of my more recent paintings and stuff.

This one is titled Invasion of Planet Tiki. It combines my love of pin-ups, B-movie sci-fi and of course Tiki. MARS NEED WOMEN! NUDE ON THE MOON. Classics.

Detail

Next is titled Kahiki Memories my all time favorite tiki place, R.I.P.

Title: Grand Theft Tiki

Title: Discoverying Paradise Lost

Detail

Ultimate Tiki Tunes CD cover art. Room for type in the sky.

My first ever tiki mug design. Thanks to Holden over at TF. Gulp!

The Art of Doug Horne
http://www.swampfirelounge.com/

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-12 9:55 pm   Permalink

Swampy the new stuff is out-o- site. I really like the Outrigger California Map. The octupus wearing the fez is great. Sorry I didn't get a chance to come by your booth and introduce myself. Unga Bunga bought Mars needs nekid woman during Oasis, so I got a couple chances to really roll the peepers over it. Totally dig all your detail and the humor. Very very very cool.

Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-12 10:02 pm   Permalink

Hmmm...I believe I've seen this fella somewhere before...

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-12 10:02 pm   Permalink

This is simply beautiful stuff, Doug. I especially like those good old '50's flying saucers... to me there's nothing like sitting in front of one of those movies on a Friday night.

What medium did you do these paintings in? Also, great mug!

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-12 10:06 pm   Permalink

Swamp....you're art kicks butt. That's a good thing.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-12 10:07 pm   Permalink

WOW WOW, love it.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-13 04:15 am   Permalink

love 'em all Swampfire....and I wanna see
if the bartender wants to work saturday
nights in the CongaTiki Lounge...Very very
cool stuff!

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-13 05:00 am   Permalink

SwampFire, it's been awhile but Definately Worth the Wait! These are some Really nice pieces. I LOVE the Maori barkeep in the "invasion of the Planet Tiki". And the "Kahiki Memories" and "Grand theft tiki" are super. All the way down the list I see improvements in your work where I thought you needed none.
Again like Keigs, the Only problem is NOT ENOUGH. We need more, but will take whatever you give us.
Thanks..

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-13 06:25 am   Permalink

Swamp, your going from a painter to a Paris Hilton with all the different stuff that you are branching out in. Just showed peeps from Ohio your Kahiki Memories and I bet they will love it. The sky is crazy!Too bad that I never got to go. I got into tiki a Wal-greens too late.

I really dig that purple guy and its cool that he (or she) got into two of your painting.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-13 06:28 am   Permalink

OOh loving this stuff. Really diggin the stuff with the patina/aged feel to it.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-13 06:36 am   Permalink

Damn Doug - dat shit is dope, YO!

Seriously, your stuff is top notch. When are you going to be back out in Cali????

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-13 07:02 am   Permalink

Excellent art. Were these painted or is this digital?

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thanatos
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-13 07:20 am   Permalink

Man, they look great. Love the Tiki plant one

View Profile of Thanatos Send a personal message to Thanatos  Email Thanatos     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-13 09:33 am   Permalink

Chongalio, ditto for me at Oasis it was all a blur, a good kind of blur. Maybe it was the rum. Thanks for the comments.

Purple jade, yes, I usually pose for my reference photos. I can't afford to hire models and I feel better about creating the reference photos whenever I can. I try to change the look of my people (add weight, smaller nose, bigger chin) but you busted me.

Sam and alohastation, yes, digital. I start with a pencil sketch, scan that into the computer and trace over the sketch in Illustrator (kind of like an underpainting at this stage). Then I bring that into Photshop and render the image. No scanned photos or textures, I still have not found that key command for create tiki. Sam I saw your painting at M Modern, looked great and had a sold sticker on it, bonus.

Jungle trader, rodeotiki, congatiki, benzart,teakey, hewey and Thanatos. No you guy rock and kick ass, thanks for the nice comments I really do appreciate it.

Polypop, thanks. Sorry we did not get a chance to talk on Sunday. Your signs looked really cool. I feel out of touch here in Phoenix with all the cool events in So Cal. I may be out your way this summer, maybe Long Beach.

Thanks everyone!

The Art of Doug Horne
http://www.swampfirelounge.com/

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-13 09:40 am   Permalink

My favorite part is the monkey behind the bar, I looked at it for a long time before I saw him! Great stuff. I have Photoshop and I can't imagine doing anything so cool with it.

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation