FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Art by Swamp Fire aka Doug Horne
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Art by Swamp Fire aka Doug Horne
kitschywoman
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-05-13 10:23 am   Permalink

Well, I'll be darned! I'll have to tell DH you're on here. He's a big fan. I've always been the tikiophile in our family until he found your work on eBay. After buying several of your prints, he's started embracing the tiki way of life and is even starting his own mug collection...all thanks to your influence, Doug.

I thought you might get a kick out of seeing some of your artwork prominently dispayed in our living room (it's tiny in the photos, but it's there )...

We've got a bunch more prints, but DH has earmarked them for his "man room" in the basement, which he's working on finishing.

You do great work, and thanks for sharing your tiki spirit with DH!

View Profile of kitschywoman Send a personal message to kitschywoman  Goto the website of kitschywoman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-13 10:28 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-05-13 09:33, Swamp Fire wrote:
Polypop, thanks. Sorry we did not get a chance to talk on Sunday. Your signs looked really cool. I feel out of touch here in Phoenix with all the cool events in So Cal. I may be out your way this summer, maybe Long Beach.

Thanks for the comp. Keep me posted about your return to Cali. I too, apologize for not stopping by your booth. Wish I did though - I wanted to pick up a print and a t-shirt. Now that you've posted your new stuff, I wanna pick up more! I really like the Kahiki one.

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-13 10:41 am   Permalink

Quote:

...you busted me.

But do you really drive a purple car?

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-13 11:38 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-05-13 10:41, purple jade wrote:
Quote:

...you busted me.

But do you really drive a purple car?

Purple Jade, I'm embarassed to say I drive a silver CRV...ouch! It pains me to say that but it does get me from point A to point B. When I was younger I used to drive only older cars, 63 t-bird, mustang and all without air conditioning in the Phoenix heat of summer. I would get stuck 5 cars deep in a left hand turn lane.

Kitchywoman, thanks for posting the pics love the chairs.

Polynesianpop, e-mail me if you want to buy. I always give a Tiki Central discount.

The Art of Doug Horne
http://www.swampfirelounge.com/

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-13 11:52 am   Permalink

My brutha!
I drive a silver CRV!!!!
I LOVE it!!
And I don't care who knows...

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-13 6:39 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-05-13 11:52, purple jade wrote:
My brutha!
I drive a silver CRV!!!!
I LOVE it!!
And I don't care who knows...

Cool! I feel so much better about it. I was thinking about adding flames to mine, what do you think.

This is concept sketch for the tiki mug I'm doing through Tiki Farm. Goon.

The Art of Doug Horne

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-13 6:57 pm   Permalink

Looks nice. Front and back. I'll place this next to my Fender Guitar tiki mug.

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-13 7:55 pm   Permalink

I like it. Not sure where I'll put mine, Nice,mean face

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-13 9:25 pm   Permalink

DH, this stuff is the tops! I've had a special place in my heart for the Laguna Outrigger, and really like the way you brought it to life.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-13 9:31 pm   Permalink

Swamp...I love your work!! I aint sittin pretty here with some of the mainstream TC'ers..I got a tiki pee pee spankin as initiation!!!..but I DO enjoy those I can share things with where we can catalize each others creative spirit.

I am about to design some mugs for TikiFarm also...and excited to get back to sculpting. I was thinkin of doing a series of sketches..much like the elevaions you have done above. Have you found sculpters anywhere that are good at interpreting sketches into 3d? Do you feel you lose the style you design when or if you hand over these concepts in sketch form??

~~~THOR

[ This Message was edited by: THOR's on 2005-05-13 21:33 ]

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-13 11:25 pm   Permalink

KOOL MUG!

I like the mug design as a piece of art in itself!

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-14 10:06 am   Permalink

Thanks Raffertiki, Benzart and Hewey. The mug should be out within the next month or so. I've also got Grog comming out then as well.

Tiki Diablo, the inspiration for that painting was a picture of the place in the Book of Tiki. I thought it looked like such a cool place with the backlite tiki masks outside. Hey, I want one of those shrunken head mugs you did, awsome.

Thor, great to see you still hanging out with us after the barrage. I think alot of people would have headed for the hills after that. I love your work (whats not to love about it). I think we all can learn from each other ... oops, I just pee pee'd in my tiki shorts.

As far as the mug thing goes, I went into it as fun thing to do. I collect myself (drink my OJ in one ever morning) and never thought of it as a big money maker. TC has plenty of talented carvers that can help you out. Holden has been great with letting me know what works and what does not as far as the design goes. The Tiki Farm sculptors have done a great job translating my sketches also. When you get some sketches together be sure to post them. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

The Art of Doug Horne

teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-14 7:01 pm   Permalink

yeah, the goon is like the gulp on roids. the mug picture has been on your website for sometime now so its like a long time coming for this mug. over and out

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-14 8:52 pm   Permalink

Doug-
Love those mug designs! As for the flamed CRV, I would say have at it!

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
theartcoach
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-05-15 06:35 am   Permalink

Doug...
You work is AWESOME...I am an art teacher (so i know a little) and what you have done with Photoshop is amazing!!! I know enough about photoshop to be dangerous...LOL...ya know creating compromising sences with photos of your friends and enemies...LOL

Keep it up! I'm gonna have to get me a Tiki Mug-shot print.

View Profile of theartcoach Send a personal message to theartcoach  Email theartcoach     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation