FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Art by Swamp Fire aka Doug Horne
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Art by Swamp Fire aka Doug Horne
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-19 10:27 am   Permalink

Oh my god! I'm in love with the Kahiki print! I'm going to pick one of those up for sure!!!!!! Great work!

View Profile of Digitiki Send a personal message to Digitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-19 11:07 am   Permalink

Doug,

GOON RULES!!. When can I have one? When, I say.. WHEN?! (sorry, lost it there)

I love the reaccuring skull as well. GREAT WORK.

View Profile of MachTiki Send a personal message to MachTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-19 2:33 pm   Permalink

YEs this mug is gonna be a big Must Have. I'm not sure I would add flames to it. It already says al it has to say without adding flames . I don't think they would fit .
I'm going to have to have one either way.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-19 5:53 pm   Permalink

Thanks Digitiki, I've been wanting to do a painting of the Kahiki for awhile now. I have memories of it when I got to visit about 8 years ago. I was so bumbed when it was torn down.

Thanks Match Tiki, he should be out soon. Maybe next month.

Hey Ben, I appreciate it. The glaze on Goon and grog look great. It has a nice vintage mossy green color to it. I never thought I would ever get to design my own tiki mug so I have a grin on my face that will not quite.

The Art of Doug Horne
http://www.swampfirelounge.com/

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-19 5:54 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Swamp Fire on 2005-06-10 18:32 ]

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-19 6:05 pm   Permalink

Speaking of mugs. This is a painting I did of a mug I would love to have produced. I think it still needs some tweeking as far as the design goes. Thinking maybe a mat glaze with glossy flames. Not really sure if that ever works combining the two. Swamp Fire is the name. I'd love some feedback from you guys.

The Art of Doug Horne

Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-19 9:13 pm   Permalink

Doug - That is one cool mug all the way down to the swizzle stick!! I like how the tiki is bathed in the flames (I wish I had thought of it myself!).

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-20 02:22 am   Permalink

That is a very cool mug dude. Good luck with getting it made.

How would the earings go on a mug? I suppose you could just mold them to the side. The flames stick out a little too much (or is it just me). Maye have the flames include the base of the mug as well?

Just minor adjustments to a very cool design. Its a cool piece of art in itself as well

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-20 10:52 am   Permalink

I think it's a great signature mug. Let us know when Holden gets started with the Goon mug. My place is only about a 20 minute drive from Tiki Farm.

A-A

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-05-20 2:27 pm   Permalink

Yeeeeeoooooooowwwwwwwwwzzzzzzzzaaaaaaaa!!!!

Your work is excellent! Such a great sense of style in each one...but that cali outrigger map takes the cake!!! Simply beautiful! (I love old-timey maps and anything combining tiki, pirates and sailing is the BOMB to me) Nicely done!

Long Beach this summer?!?! you tabling at the LB tiki fest?

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-20 10:02 pm   Permalink

Doug, I love the fire on this one. It puts you in the swamp cooking up a heavy duty Swampfire drink. Love it.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-21 3:59 pm   Permalink

Sam, thanks, I was thinking of a boiling pot when I did it. I did not want to do an actual pot, too literal.

Thanks for the advice Hewey, I was thinking the ear rings could be gold platted, actual rings.

Ben and Aaron, Thanks, Goon should be out very soon, maybe June?

Thanks Polynesiac, I like the old time maps also. I was not sure if people would dig that one. Glad you like. I want to do more shows in So. Cal. Tiki Fest is one I need to look into.

The Art of Doug Horne

Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-30 7:38 pm   Permalink

Aloha fellow tiki peeps! Wanted to share some recent paintings with you guys.

The first is a sneak peek at the cover art for the upcoming fall issue of Tiki Magazine. Titled "Atomic Rum, A Revelation".

Detail

Title "Scamp"

Detail

Thanks all!

The Art of Doug Horne

Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-30 8:08 pm   Permalink

Your paintings just blow my mind, Doug. I saw quite a few of your prints the other day at the Orange County Market Place. Very pleasant surprise. I love the homage to Oceanic Arts in the second to last one. Those monkeys are nutz!

A-A

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-31 10:06 am   Permalink

Doug, Your are has Always been Exceptional but these two pieces Really Raise the BAr. These guys are Awesome and I can't decide which one I love the best. The first one definately puts me right there at the bar feeling just like All 3 monkeys. Been there and done that and even have the t-shirt. The next one has amazing movement along with super expressions. Love the pendant flying out the window.
Can't wait for Tiki Mag #3

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation