FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Art by Swamp Fire aka Doug Horne
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Art by Swamp Fire aka Doug Horne
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-31 3:21 pm   Permalink

Doug your Adobe Illustrator skills blow my mind! I can't even draw a straight line in Illustrator.

Keep up the incredible work brutha.

www.flounderart.com

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PalmCityTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-31 5:40 pm   Permalink

Sweetest stuf I've seen in a long time. Really nice touch on every single one.

-----------------------------------------------

www.PalmCityTiki.com

View Profile of PalmCityTiki Send a personal message to PalmCityTiki  Email PalmCityTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-31 6:16 pm   Permalink

I like how the the second to last, the window looks like its own painting. Cool stuff. You got like a hundred mugs in that painting. TikiMag. has had the best cover art and now you are going to have to sign some peoples covers.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-31 9:05 pm   Permalink

Doug- More than ever, this is top notch stuff.... Love the Woody too!

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-31 10:20 pm   Permalink

Really amazing work. the detail, colors and content are really lush and vivid. A feast for the eyebones. Thanks for sharing the goods with us.

Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-31 11:29 pm   Permalink

I love it. The woody looks amazing , love the patina on the paint.
Is the driver the same driver from the "Grand theft tiki" print . He must be out on bail or made a clean getaway.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
foamy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-01 05:57 am   Permalink

Great work. What medium do you work in? Your art is so polished that it's hard to tell. The book is way, way cool.

View Profile of foamy Send a personal message to foamy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-01 08:30 am   Permalink

AAron, Benzart, Palm City, Teakey, Sam, Chongolio and Rodeo, Thanks. I appreciate the comments. I always enjoy seeing all the great work you guys create here on TC.

Scott, great meeting you at Hukilau last year. I saw your recent work on your web site, great stuff man.

Foamy, thanks, the final is painted in Photoshop. I start with a pencil sketch outside of the computer, scan that and use it as a guide to draw out the image in illustrator, kind of like an underpainting at this point. Then I bring that into Photoshop and paint the final image. Probably more of an explination than you wanted.

Below is a painting I did for Gecko's limited edition card for his Voodoo tiki mug.

The lamp on the right is a rendering of one from Gecko's collection and the tiki on the sign is one of his carvings.

[ This Message was edited by: Swamp Fire 2005-11-01 08:31 ]

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-01 3:17 pm   Permalink

I like finding all the little details you pyt in your pieces, each a creation in itself. I like the 3 monkeys. They obviously don't have a problem, hearing, seeing, or speaking evil. Well, maybe they have a problem speaking it.

http://www.NiceFishy.com

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-11-01 7:00 pm   Permalink

You should make prints of that last one (well...of all your stuff really, but I'm just focusing on the most recent post right now).
Vibrant, energetic and BEAUTIFUL! that card will compliment an already beautiful mug perfectly. Gecko must be very happy.

I like that you put the gecko signiture on the walls of the A frame. Very well done.

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-01 7:10 pm   Permalink

there are prints of all these pictures. That last one is in short numbers so get it while you can.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-04 12:25 pm   Permalink

I just received my signed Goon mug, and it is the bomb! It looks great on the internet, but in person, it's 80 times better. Great job, Doug and Tiki Farm! You guys outdid yourselves with this one!

www.samgambino.com

[ This Message was edited by: sam gambino 2005-11-04 21:01 ]

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-04 12:57 pm   Permalink

How'd I miss this thread! Holy Bejeeez, these are a feast for the tiki eyes. Perfectly done. Hmmm, can I make a screen saver out of these?!:)

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-11-04 2:36 pm   Permalink

thanks teakey

Hiya Doug I just ordered the OUTRIGGER print and it arrived today...YOWZAH!!!! it rocks.

thanks!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-05 07:31 am   Permalink

Hey Raffertiki and Teakey, thanks, I appreciate it.

Sam, my Gambino mug arrived yesterday. He sits proudly on my kitchen counter. Like you said it is better in person than on the computer. Keep up the cool work.

Surfintiki, thanks, yes, screen saver is fine with me.

Hey Polynesiac, Awsome, glad you like it. I'm really glad you picked that image. It has not been a big seller of mine and it is one of my favorite pieces. Hey next time mention TC and get free shipping.

The Art of Doug Horne
http://www.swampfirelounge.com/

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation