FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Art by Swamp Fire aka Doug Horne
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Art by Swamp Fire aka Doug Horne
PalmCityTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-05 11:17 am   Permalink

Thank you Swampy. My wife ordered the "Atomic Rum, A Revelation" for my birthday on Nov. 19, but I saw it in the mail box, so she went ahead and gave it to me. Now I am looking for a fitting frame.

Great suprise and very happy to have a piece of your art.

Thanks again.
Mike

-----------------------------------------------

www.PalmCityTiki.com

View Profile of PalmCityTiki Send a personal message to PalmCityTiki  Email PalmCityTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-07 5:55 pm   Permalink

Swamp, did you see the new Tiki BAr episode. Its a must for you. CAn you guess why if you haven't ?

Your mugs are totally all over that episode. LIke the only one that you can make out and there are like tons of close up shots. It could be on all the future episodes.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-08 09:34 am   Permalink

Hey Teakey, I need to update my computer because when I go to view the episodes I get an error message.

The Art of Doug Horne
http://www.swampfirelounge.com/

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-08 4:04 pm   Permalink

I was getting that a lot too and after a few days, and maybe, a different computer, I got to see it. It might not just be you.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-29 1:24 pm   Permalink

Aloha everyone!
Got away form tiki for a bit and went with some curves and rusty metal. Oh and a rat.

Rat-Rod Girl

Rusty metal and Rat

The curves

The Art of Doug Horne
http://www.swampfirelounge.com/

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bete
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-29 1:32 pm   Permalink

Cool picture.

View Profile of Bete Send a personal message to Bete      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PalmCityTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-29 1:43 pm   Permalink

Really enjoy your twist on he animals. The boh have nide tails. LMAO.(laughing my as off)

View Profile of PalmCityTiki Send a personal message to PalmCityTiki  Email PalmCityTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-30 05:26 am   Permalink

Love the rat rod! Is the rod based on a pic out of "the birth of hot rodding" a book on dry laeks racing history? The evenly spaced pipes in the hood sides rings a bell. I borrowed the book a couple of years ago - awesome!

Awesome work - very nice.

What about a tiki based rod done in this kind of style?

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-30 06:17 am   Permalink

Swampy, Nice Ride. I don't know who is taking who for a ride, is the monkey taking the girl for a ride or is the girl taking the monkee for a ride. Whichever, their Ride is Awesome and one I would have been proud to own.
It has been awhile since you showed your stuff, I've missed it. Excellent. As I'm shaking my head, the drool is spalshing Everywhere.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-30 07:56 am   Permalink

Doug, Great art, i just ordered two prints...cant wait to get them...

View Profile of Loki Send a personal message to Loki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-30 12:05 pm   Permalink

Ooh, I love it SF!

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-30 12:06 pm   Permalink

Wow , what amazing curves and lines . The car looks good too. I really like the patina finish.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lovevw181
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-01-30 4:17 pm   Permalink

Doug, it was great to see your stuff at the the Tempe Arts Festival last Fall!!! Love the mug trio you did and the Atomic Rum Revelation. Both are proudly on display. I still have to find frames that are worthy for several of your prints. I think Rat-Rod Girl is great. Is it available on your site or Ebay? Look forward to running into you again, maybe at the Bikini sometime.

View Profile of lovevw181 Send a personal message to lovevw181  Email lovevw181     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
foamy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-30 6:38 pm   Permalink

Wow. Very nice. Nice drawing and textures. Dig the haughty(?) look on her face. Is all of that color work vector? Pretty amazing.

View Profile of foamy Send a personal message to foamy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-30 7:28 pm   Permalink

That girl looks real familiar. Is she the same one that is sitting at the bar in the Gecko print? Do we know her?

Nice job. I like your monkey/rat

View Profile of OnaTiki Send a personal message to OnaTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation