FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events 2005 Hawaiian Inn party, Daytona Beach, January 22
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
2005 Hawaiian Inn party, Daytona Beach, January 22
Tiki Bree
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-17 09:33 am   Permalink

What would be a good time for the Julian's dinner Friday night?

View Profile of Tiki Bree Send a personal message to Tiki Bree      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-19 01:58 am   Permalink

Bree,
I was thinking 7 so people had time to get there, if they were coming after work. Does that sound okay?
Sorry we missed you today, but we did get to meet Martini. Call me this week.
KG

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bree
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-21 1:14 pm   Permalink

7pm sounds great.......I wonder if we need to make reservations for our group.

Their bartender make a great Mai Tai!!!

Who else plans on dinner at Julian's Friday night?????

View Profile of Tiki Bree Send a personal message to Tiki Bree      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-22 1:50 pm   Permalink

Here's a few updates on the Florida Ohana Luau(aka the Hawaiian Inn party on Jan. 21 and 22).

Music:
We have permission to set up and play music under the poolside tiki hut with the ocean as a backdrop. That means the NovaRays, Pablus and the Haole Kats can seranade us in style -- assuming the weather cooperates and they want to do it. A big indoor setup is more difficult, so pray for a nice day.

BTW: The NovaRays are an Orlando surf band that plays Shadows, Ventures, etc. Lewis sent a CD of their stuff. They rock! Of course, the Vodkanauts also wanted to play but not all the band members can make it this time. Hopefully, most of them will come anyway.

Regarding Friday night, Jan. 21st:

Julians has several private banquet rooms. I'm told there are some Witco pieces in these rooms, so it might be cool to reserve one of those, although I have not checked them out myself. I'll be over to the restaurant the week after Christmas and it would be helpful to know who plans to join us Friday night for dinner. That way I'll know what to reserve, if that is necessary.
Mahalo and Mele Kalikimaka,
KG

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kava King
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-23 09:15 am   Permalink

Kailuageoff, my wife and I plan to be there in time for dinner. Please include the 2 of us in reservations if you are making them. Thanks, and see you soon!

View Profile of Kava King Send a personal message to Kava King      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tweedtone
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-23 12:54 pm   Permalink

I hope to be able to cut out of work early on that Friday to make it over to the east coast around 7 for dinner at Julian's.

View Profile of tweedtone Send a personal message to tweedtone  Email tweedtone Goto the website of tweedtone     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joe V.
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-12-23 8:23 pm   Permalink

Hey now.....

Not sure what's up that weekend right now, but if we're around we'll try to get a crew together to go up there.

View Profile of Joe V. Send a personal message to Joe V.  Email Joe V. Goto the website of Joe V.     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cybertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-24 5:10 pm   Permalink

shit. where'd my post gho?

ok, I'l b33dee there and will try not to mix opitates with alcohol this tim around.

yes, it's xmas eve,a nd I'm totall pissed wna sick of the damned situation. I have 5 apps in for NZ for the coming year, and more likely that in q2 iiiii'l;l be relocating to Aucklang. d.

So, I'm rweady. Hope someond shows up at the bar before noons, or I'llll most likely be too far gone to make it to the show again!

Cheeerrz!

http://www.cybertiki.com

View Profile of cybertiki Send a personal message to cybertiki  Email cybertiki Goto the website of cybertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-26 12:37 pm   Permalink

<<<in q2 iiiii'l;l be relocating to Aucklang. d. >>>

Well, you're already doing fine with the pidgeon english. And I see you've created a new calendar.

<<<Hope someond shows up at the bar before noons, or I'llll most likely be too far gone to make it to the show again! >>>

We'll be there on Friday for the dinner at Julians and an after dinner drinks and ukeplay. I'm going to bring a bottle or two of Dr. Z's secret weapon - AGWA, the miracle all-nighter booze.

I want to be ground floor and close to the entrance to the beach because I feel some surf uke'n and hallucinogenic body surfin (which is really for me more like wave-bashing) in my future.

My wrist is just now recovering from me getting pounded by Jeanne-waves AFTER spending $230.00 on drinks at the Mai Kai.

I thought Ben and Al were going to die of convulsive laughter. The no-flab jerks.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ikitnrev
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-12-27 10:35 pm   Permalink

I am still hoping to make it to both Friday night's dinner at Julian's, and the Saturday Hawaiian Inn event.

Vern

View Profile of ikitnrev Send a personal message to ikitnrev  Email ikitnrev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-28 2:16 pm   Permalink

Cybertiki: True to form, you seem to have already started partying.

Joe: Please do come. We won't steal your barstool.

Vern and other out-of-towners: Glad you can make it and don't worry if you arrive too late for Julian's. We'll reassemble at the Hawaiian Inn after dinner.

All: I'm going to the Hawaiian Inn tonight for the X-mas show and will also check with Julian's about reservations for about 25 people. The problem is Julian's normally doesn't take reservations. The good thing is the restaurant seats something like 500 people, so we should be fine either way.

Here is a link to Julian's Web site:

http://www.juliansrest.com/index.htm

Please note one of their specialties is stuffed Flounder.

[ This Message was edited by: Kailuageoff on 2004-12-28 14:28 ]

Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-29 09:47 am   Permalink

Wow, I had no idea Julian's was such an awesome structure. Never saw the outside before.

I am hoping I can manage to get work to let me come down. I may tell them I am best man in a wedding. Pablus, you must remarry while I am down there! Seems like a great antidote to the holiday madness and just madness in general.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-30 08:44 am   Permalink

Here's the latest from Daytona Beach...

Friday, Jan. 21:
Julian's will set aside an area they call the south balcony for us. You don't need a reservation. They expect us at 7 pm. I told them to plan for about 20 people. Those of us checking into the Hawaiian Inn on Friday afternoon and needing help finding the restaurant should meet in the hotel lobby no later than 6:30 to begin the drive to Ormond beach.

Saturday, Jan. 22nd:
The Hawaiian Inn is expecting as many as 50 of us for dinner and the show. If you have not made dinner show reservations you need to do so as soon as possible. They have been selling out the show even on weeknights.

I suggest making hotel reservations now as well, if you have not done so. If space gets tight, I suggest the nearby Aku Tiki Inn.

tweedtone
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-30 1:48 pm   Permalink

According to mapquest, here's how to get from the Hawaiian Inn to Julian's ... as I recall from last time, the 17 minutes is about right, adjusted for snowbird-induced traffic congestion.

1: Start out going NORTHWEST on S ATLANTIC AVE/FL-A1A N toward BRIDGEPORT RD.

2: End at 88 S Atlantic Ave, Ormond Beach, FL 32176

Total Est. Time: 17 minutes
Total Est. Distance: 7.30 miles

[ This Message was edited by: tweedtone on 2004-12-30 13:48 ]

[ This Message was edited by: tweedtone on 2004-12-30 13:56 ]

View Profile of tweedtone Send a personal message to tweedtone  Email tweedtone Goto the website of tweedtone     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-30 5:49 pm   Permalink

hahaha aha hahah ahahahah, oh

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation