FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events LA: Lock your liquor cabinets and flee
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
LA: Lock your liquor cabinets and flee
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-20 6:29 pm   Permalink

I'll be arriving in LA on Friday morning the 5th of Nov.

I'll be leaving Tuesday night on the red-eye.

I have a very tiny agenda that includes:
Tiki Ti
Purple Orchid
The HB gang
A couple of meetings

Could any of the HB crew tell me when the best time is to visit? I want to see Ben's place and invade the Bong Hut. Perhaps a trip to the original Lagoon Room. Is there room in your harried, west coast, Tiki lives for little 'ol me?

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Primo Kimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-20 6:53 pm   Permalink

I'm still waiting for my song and your just jet setting accross the globe. Well fine then...

View Profile of Primo Kimo Send a personal message to Primo Kimo  Email Primo Kimo Goto the website of Primo Kimo ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-20 7:43 pm   Permalink

Your song is done except for the Hawai'ian part that Tiki Bong will help me finish during this trip (I pray). I'll have an mp3 of it here in no time, braddah.

Everybody that hears it loves it.
Can't wait to sing it 'live' at the Kahiki Moon!

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-20 9:08 pm   Permalink

Cool!!!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-21 09:50 am   Permalink

You want extra company, let me know. Utopiandreem & i would like to meet ya!

Tbird.

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-21 10:50 am   Permalink

Yay Pablus!

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-01 1:01 pm   Permalink

What time do you think you will be at Tiki Ti, Pablus? An early start, I hope?

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-01 1:10 pm   Permalink

Yeah, what's your schedule, pablus? I'm going to be at Tiki-Ti Friday this week instead of Wednesday. A friend of mine, Michael Hussar, has a show opening at La Luz de Jesus that night, just down the street.

Can't wait to get my quarterly ration of pablus!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-01 2:29 pm   Permalink

My plan is to be at the Tiki Ti on Friday the very moment that they open and stay until Berry thrashes me out with a slat from a rum barrell.

I've got a meeting in Hollywood - oooooooh - ahhhhhhh - and then we are supposed to scoot down to the Tiki Ti. "We" meaning me... and if the other 2 guys want to show then fine.

I'm really looking forward to this trip but unless my respiratory system helps me out a bit I may be postponing until December. And that stinks since the Tiki Ti would be closed...

Hmmmmm... maybe early January.

I got pneumonia in late August and am still battling some lingering effects and symptoms. I've had to cancel several paying gigs due to this thing already. And worse - I can't sing - I'm croaking out a raspy dischordant sham of a voice and have been since a few days after Hukilau.

Odd, because I "normally" get one cold every 3 years and never feel anything less than fantastic.

I'm better than I was last Wednesday though and I'll know for sure 24 hours from now once I seek the dreaded medicine man's counsel.

Please forgive me for this up-in-the-air counter-scheduling but I don't have a real choice.

Hope to see you this weekend - you gotta know that.

Yo, Rev. - does that lime shot up the nose thing have any medicinal qualities?

pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-02 10:16 am   Permalink

Darn.

I won't go into details but it's serious enough to warrant staying home and chilling for the next 2 weeks and taking some heavy antibiotics, the kind you can't drink over.

I'm bumming.
I can't even have a consolation drink.

I'll post another LA date and time when I recover. Sorry for the false alarm - you may now unlock your liquor cabinets.

*sigh*

Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-02 10:20 am   Permalink

Just get well Pablus!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-02 12:03 pm   Permalink

I hope you feel better soon. Bummer.

martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2004-11-02 3:39 pm   Permalink

Get well soon!

(secretly glad because I wanted to be there to see this- now there's a second chance!)

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-02 4:49 pm   Permalink

yeah, i was going to go just to meet you. Get well soon.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-02 4:49 pm   Permalink

yeah, i was going to go just to meet you. Get well soon.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation